Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,384 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters (1670 Views)

Olajide Oduyoye Visits LASTMA Zonal Offices Affected By EndSARS Riot / Onitsha Bridge Shutdown By ENDSARS Protesters: PICTURES & VIDEO / Xenophobic Attacks: Nigerian Govt Demands Two Major Things From South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by nairavsdollars(f): 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Pastor Tunde Bakare, Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, formerly known as Latter Rain Assembly, has said #EndSARS protesters made legitimate demands but also made some mistakes which he expects them to have learnt from in the days ahead.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with INDEPENDENT, Bakare, a former Vice Presidential candidate during the 2011 general elections, said the protesters did well within the first five days but stayed too long which resulted in the protests being hijacked.

He also said another mistake made by the protesters was the lack of an organisational leader or an identifiable spokesperson.

According to him, saying that they have no leader is a testimony that the protesters lack trust among themselves.

“I think from what happened after the Lekki situation, they have learnt now that they need to reorganise and restrategise again. They did well within the first five days. Unfortunately, they dragged it perhaps too long and if you linger, you will litter”.

“Like the Yorubas will say ‘T’a ba pe lori imi, esin keesin lo ma bani nibe’ (When you tarry for too long defecating, all kinds of houseflies eventually perch on you). They would have learnt from some of the mistakes they made and they will do better things in the days to come. I encourage and support that we must do things from the ambit of the law and order.

“When they said they have no leader, it is because they don’t trust themselves. Leadership requires trust. Or when they say ‘we have no leaders, we are equal leaders’. Wherever happens, you are playing what I called ‘class suicide’.

“In the book of Judges, chapter 19 verses 20, 21 the Bible recalls that there was a time in Israel when there was no King and every man did what pleased him".

“By chapter 21, a whole generation was wiped off and they had to look for the remnants that are left; they had to marry for them so that the tribe will not be wasted.

“It will require trust to give and take for them to select leaders amongst themselves. Every nation deserves the leadership it gets so the leader deserves the types of followers that follow them.”

Also speaking on the threat by the youths that older politicians will not be allowed to participate in the 2023 general elections, Bakare said those clamouring for that are misguided as the country needs both the youths and older ones to achieve stability in the polity.

“Many of them are misguided and they have not been students of history. The youths have significant roles to play but not at the expense of the older ones. America produced the oldest president-elect in our history at the age of 78. We need both the old and young".

“Like two hands, you can’t use one hand to clap. Also, a bird cannot fly with one wing. So we need both the old and the young. The Bible says that your old men shall dream dreams and your young men shall see visions.

“Without the collaboration of both, it’s a waste of time. The youths cannot do it all by themselves,” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/endsars-protesters-dragged-on-for-too-long-tunde-bakare/

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by johnhood(m): 5:10pm On Nov 21, 2020
FTC He is right anyway
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by SocialJustice: 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2020
Oga relax abeg.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by Yenefer(f): 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2020
So he also sponsored terrorist and he wanted to become president. Hmm! Probably One of the big Yahoo masters trying to justify his minions behaviors
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by Aufbauh(m): 5:11pm On Nov 21, 2020
This is so true.
Bakare thought was also corroborated by one of the assertions of Albert Einstein in his stance on Human unending Quest.
He therefore states that "A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem""

In Architecture we refer to it as Good concept but poor functionality, while in Marketing it is regarded as Good opening, poor closure.

According to Bakare, when you lingers you litters implying too many hands spoil the soup.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by nairavsdollars(f): 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2020
They made their points, government listened but they overstretch their luck

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by Moferere: 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lack of leadership is the major problem
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by IamWonderful: 5:16pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lack of leadership helped it till that period and dragging it too long is like ASUU strike that eventually paid off
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by Lipscomb(m): 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2020
I blame Jonathan for this nonsense.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by RenaissanceGuy: 5:17pm On Nov 21, 2020
For me, we made no mistake continuing the protests. If we had stopped on Day 1,would they have scrapped SARS? The model of the whole protest was: the govt should be implementing the police reform and constitutional restructuring whilst the protests continue.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lipscomb:
I blame Jonathan for this nonsense.
He should have win? grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by nairavsdollars(f): 5:19pm On Nov 21, 2020
What's this one saying?

Yenefer:
So he also sponsored terrorist and he wanted to become president

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by Lipscomb(m): 5:22pm On Nov 21, 2020
Win what his leadership style led to this nonsense
gaius01:

He should have win? grin
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 21, 2020
Lipscomb:
Win what his leadership style led to this nonsense
If I should ask, can you elaborate abit so that I will understand? Because you are not blaming Buhari at all only Good luck you pin point.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by 1beat(m): 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2020
gbefu to all real niggers ⤴️⤵️

sir, why can't you say this while the protests is going on but you keep mute in order to make headline you are now coming out. anyway news as reach us that you are running for president 2023 we wish you best of luck but trend with caution.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by rontolo(m): 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2020
Wrong. Dragging it long wasn’t the issue. It got hijacked by miscreants, it lost focus, no leadership yes, demands weren’t precise and directed. Those were the issues
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by festacman(m): 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2020
#EndSars Leaderless Logic

Logic 1: Having leaders will make it easy for government to intimidate and arm-twist us to call off the protest.

Counter Logic: Leaders are made of sterner stuff. They are not wimps. Good leaders are assertive and sure-footed. Good leaders are hard-nosed negotiators.
If fellow young people can't be trusted to to hold their own and discuss with the Federal Government, how would smart, strong, patriotic young leaders be discovered to replace the old order politicians?

Logic 2: Having leaders will make it easy for government to bribe them and truncate the protest.

Counter Logic: This creates negative and dangerous impression that most young persons in Nigeria lack integrity and strength of character to resist being influenced. And If there are truly no young Nigerians today whose consciences can't be bought with money by FG, then there is no hope for the future.

Conclusion: Lack leaders, no doubt, impacted negatively on the protest.

#EndSars Protest was simply an adhoc event that should have given rise to something big if the organizers had retreated after the scrapping of SARS to retain its fear factor and pressure potency for social change.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by Kingof2nations(m): 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
For me, we made no mistake continuing the protests. If we had stopped on Day 1,would they have scrapped SARS? The model of the whole protest was: the govt should be implementing the police reform and constitutional restructuring whilst the protests continue.
no mind him he wants to be politically correct
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by RuddyFusion(m): 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2020
Nope they made no mistakes .....lack of trust in the government caused the pronged protest nothing more
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by Lovelive: 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2020
1. Which law stated that they must be a leader to direct protesters or a protest?
Or do we have that in the constitution?

2. Duration for a protest? I lafff...
Pastor Bakare no one(the youths) needs your irrelevant opinion.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by GreaterFuture(m): 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2020
Hmmmn... On the Grander Scale, i think everything has a Spiritual Angle to it, this how see Things honestly.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by 4four(m): 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
K
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by OfoIgbo: 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2020
SocialJustice:
Oga relax abeg.

You remind me of Nnamdi Kanu. Becoming insulting to an elder that is giving you good, well thought-out advice

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by superlightning: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Pastor Tunde Bakare, Serving Overseer of the Citadel Global Community Church, formerly known as Latter Rain Assembly, has said #EndSARS protesters made legitimate demands but also made some mistakes which he expects them to have learnt from in the days ahead.

Speaking in an exclusive interview with INDEPENDENT, Bakare, a former Vice Presidential candidate during the 2011 general elections, said the protesters did well within the first five days but stayed too long which resulted in the protests being hijacked.

He also said another mistake made by the protesters was the lack of an organisational leader or an identifiable spokesperson.

According to him, saying that they have no leader is a testimony that the protesters lack trust among themselves.

“I think from what happened after the Lekki situation, they have learnt now that they need to reorganise and restrategise again. They did well within the first five days. Unfortunately, they dragged it perhaps too long and if you linger, you will litter”.

“Like the Yorubas will say ‘T’a ba pe lori imi, esin keesin lo ma bani nibe’ (When you tarry for too long defecating, all kinds of houseflies eventually perch on you). They would have learnt from some of the mistakes they made and they will do better things in the days to come. I encourage and support that we must do things from the ambit of the law and order.

“When they said they have no leader, it is because they don’t trust themselves. Leadership requires trust. Or when they say ‘we have no leaders, we are equal leaders’. Wherever happens, you are playing what I called ‘class suicide’.

“In the book of Judges, chapter 19 verses 20, 21 the Bible recalls that there was a time in Israel when there was no King and every man did what pleased him".

“By chapter 21, a whole generation was wiped off and they had to look for the remnants that are left; they had to marry for them so that the tribe will not be wasted.

“It will require trust to give and take for them to select leaders amongst themselves. Every nation deserves the leadership it gets so the leader deserves the types of followers that follow them.”

Also speaking on the threat by the youths that older politicians will not be allowed to participate in the 2023 general elections, Bakare said those clamouring for that are misguided as the country needs both the youths and older ones to achieve stability in the polity.

“Many of them are misguided and they have not been students of history. The youths have significant roles to play but not at the expense of the older ones. America produced the oldest president-elect in our history at the age of 78. We need both the old and young".

“Like two hands, you can’t use one hand to clap. Also, a bird cannot fly with one wing. So we need both the old and the young. The Bible says that your old men shall dream dreams and your young men shall see visions.

“Without the collaboration of both, it’s a waste of time. The youths cannot do it all by themselves,” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/endsars-protesters-dragged-on-for-too-long-tunde-bakare/

Armchair critics at it again....protesters never made any mistake.....is bakare not buharis side chick? pls and pls.....

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by SocialJustice: 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2020
OfoIgbo:

You remind me of Nnamdi Kanu. Becoming insulting to an elder that is giving you good, well thought-out advice
He should relax. He belongs to the generation that ruined Nigeria and wants everyone to endure their mistakes. The youths took over and we did it our way. We do not need anyone telling us what we did right or wrong, let us evaluate ourselves and improve from there. At no point did I insult him, if you're timid enough to think rejecting bad advice is insult, that's your problem.

The comparison with Nnamdi Kanu was rather unnecessary and stupid. I'm still not insulting, only telling you as is it is.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by thelinguist: 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2020
He has a point..... Whem.things drag too. Long, it looses its potency.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by superlightning: 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
SocialJustice:
He should relax. He belongs to the generation that ruined Nigeria and wants everyone to endure their mistakes. The youths took over and we did it our way. We do not need anyone telling us what we did right or wrong, let us evaluate ourselves and improve from there. At no point did I insult him, if you're timid enough to think rejecting bad advice is insult, that's your problem.

The comparison with Nnamdi Kanu was rather unnecessary and stupid. I'm still not insulting, only telling you as is it is.

on point sir.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by Born2Breed(f): 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2020
Silly buffoon.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by Friend22(m): 9:06pm On Nov 21, 2020
Yenefer:
So he also sponsored terrorist and he wanted to become president. Hmm! Probably One of the big Yahoo masters trying to justify his minions behaviors

You obviously should sucking your momma breast now.You lack the mental capacity to comprehend.
This is the problem I have with must you who were part of this end SARS protest.
Go and meet mummy.
This is obviously above your thinking.
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by ambu2: 10:37am On Nov 22, 2020
Pastor! Pastor!
Re: Pastor Tunde Bakare List Two Major Mistakes Made By #EndSARS Protesters by OBAofYORUBA: 10:45am On Nov 22, 2020
Why are my fellow afonja brothers so stupid undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Commissioner Sex Tape: Police Arrest Mastermind, Charges Him To Court / Is The Southwest Just ’area Boys And Fake Pastors’?.. No,of Course not - Omokri. / Oduduwa Youth Run Fulani Terrorists Out Of Town (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.