Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) (519 Views)

What Is The Most Seemingly Misinterpreted Portion Of The Bible? / Most Misinterpreted Bible Verses #3 (amos 4:6) / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) by divinemichael(m): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2020
Romans 9- 15
I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I WILL HAVE AND I WILL HARDEN MY HEART FOR WHOM I WILL HARDEN!

This Bible verse has indeed caused much schism and has gradually become a burning question in the Christendom.

However we must guard our tongues and hearts from suggestive or opinIon based conclusions drawn from human reasoning and logic.

A literal analysis of the said bible verse smacks of a possible distinction, preference and ultimately, bias, on the side of God.. this is the position always taken by so many atheist debaters and some misled believers.

Diving into the scriptures we all know that COLLOSIANS 3-11 is to the effect that there is no discrimination in Christ, no Jews no gentiles no free borns no slaves no savages no barbarian, as well I can add, no white and no black.. for we are all one and Christ binds us together in love.

I was speaking to a group of persons, they said if Mr X and Mr Y is involved in a car crash and the former survives while the latter dies, that simply exemplifies the book of Romans 9 because grace differs.

Note: while their argument seems intelligible to the human mind, it as well connotes inherent biblical ignorance with a little touch of the wrong Calvinist doctrine of predestination.

For they ignored all related information both obvious and hidden, but instead judged based on the bare facts available to their human cognition.

they may have not known whether the one who survived is a core believer who prays and commits his ways to God,they may not also know even if maybe both are sinners, that mthe former perhaps is still been called by God and still has more time while the latter who lost his life has already dissipated his time with rebellion and unbelief, they may not know whether the one who lost his life is not prayerful and has been cut off by his enemies, they may not know if the one who dead is a saint and has been taken by God.

In their arguments They attributed their claim to the now widespread fallacy of unequal grace, as well they cherrypicked the instances to fit into their assumptions.

But, the truth must be told, grace does not differ, it all depends on how much and how far we have tapped into the grace given to us by God, that's why it seems as though men like TB Joshua and oyedepo are extra-ordinary, it doesn't imply God loves them more than you, thus, he has showered them with more grace than you.. no,that's a human doctrine from the pit of hell.

God's grace is sufficient for all, it all depends on how far and much we tap and key into it.. men like oyedepo, kumuyi and tb Joshua has keyed in and has remained consistent and sacrificial.. you can do better..

The concept of grace has so been distorted by Africans that God almost appear biased or partial when the concept of grace is invoked.. eg some one will say, I know two men, they went for a job, one got it one lost it.. it therefore implies that God has given more grace to the one who got the job..

No, such an assumption is wrong and totally misleading, the grace of God is originally predicated upon Jesus Christ coming into the world to salvage everyone who believes and professes his lordship, there is no partiality with God, it all depends on many factors..

Are you seeking what God wants you to seek?

God may want mr A to seek a driving job and Mr B to seek a teaching job, but when Mr B seeks a driving job and gets rejected, it doesn't mean God's grace upon his life is smaller compared to that of Mr A.

The book of Romans 8-1 says there is therefore no condemnation for all those who are in Christ Jesus..

God will show mercy to those who seeks his face, those who worship him, those whom he is not finished with, those who do not rebel for long from his words, those who key in into his plans for them and lastly those who have embraced Christ..etc

And he will harden his heart upon the wicked ones, the corrupt minds, those who lust after the desires of earth, those who profane his holy name, those who do not turn from their evil after several warnings..etc
Re: Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) by MuttleyLaff: 7:01pm On Nov 21, 2020
divinemichael:
Romans 9- 15
I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I WILL HAVE AND I WILL HARDEN MY HEART FOR WHOM I WILL HARDEN!

This Bible verse has indeed caused much schism and has gradually become a burning question in the Christendom.
However we must guard our tongues and hearts from suggestive or opinIon based conclusions drawn from human reasoning and logic.

A literal analysis of the said bible verse smacks of a possible distinction, preference and ultimately, bias, on the side of God.. this is the position always taken by so many atheist debaters and some misled believers.

Diving into the scriptures we all know that COLLOSIANS 3-11 is to the effect that there is no discrimination in Christ, no Jews no gentiles no free borns no slaves no savages no barbarian, as well I can add, no white and no black.. for we are all one and Christ binds us together in love.

I was speaking to a group of persons, they said if Mr X and Mr Y is involved in a car crash and the former survives while the latter dies, that simply exemplifies the book of Romans 9 because grace differs.

Note: while their argument seems intelligible to the human mind, it as well connotes inherent biblical ignorance with a little touch of the wrong Calvinist doctrine of predestination.

For they ignored all related information both obvious and hidden, but instead judged based on the bare facts available to their human cognition.

they may have not known whether the one who survived is a core believer who prays and commits his ways to God,they may not also know even if maybe both are sinners, that mthe former perhaps is still been called by God and still has more time while the latter who lost his life has already dissipated his time with rebellion and unbelief, they may not know whether the one who lost his life is not prayerful and has been cut off by his enemies, they may not know if the one who dead is a saint and has been taken by God.

In their arguments They attributed their claim to the now widespread fallacy of unequal grace, as well they cherrypicked the instances to fit into their assumptions.

But, the truth must be told, grace does not differ, it all depends on how much and how far we have tapped into the grace given to us by God, that's why it seems as though men like TB Joshua and oyedepo are extra-ordinary, it doesn't imply God loves them more than you, thus, he has showered them with more grace than you.. no,that's a human doctrine from the pit of hell.

God's grace is sufficient for all, it all depends on how far and much we tap and key into it.. men like oyedepo, kumuyi and tb Joshua has keyed in and has remained consistent and sacrificial.. you can do better..

The concept of grace has so been distorted by Africans that God almost appear biased or partial when the concept of grace is invoked.. eg some one will say, I know two men, they went for a job, one got it one lost it.. it therefore implies that God has given more grace to the one who got the job..

No, such an assumption is wrong and totally misleading, the grace of God is originally predicated upon Jesus Christ coming into the world to salvage everyone who believes and professes his lordship, there is no partiality with God, it all depends on many factors..

Are you seeking what God wants you to seek?

God may want mr A to seek a driving job and Mr B to seek a teaching job, but when Mr B seeks a driving job and gets rejected, it doesn't mean God's grace upon his life is smaller compared to that of Mr A.

The book of Romans 8-1 says there is therefore no condemnation for all those who are in Christ Jesus..

God will show mercy to those who seeks his face, those who worship him, those whom he is not finished with, those who do not rebel for long from his words, those who key in into his plans for them and lastly those who have embraced Christ..etc

And he will harden his heart upon the wicked ones, the corrupt minds, those who lust after the desires of earth, those who profane his holy name, those who do not turn from their evil after several warnings..etc
Please quote and paste Romans 9:15 here for us to read. Thank you in advance for obliging
Re: Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2020
You ended up beating about the bush..

The long epistle you wrote here has no substance.

1 Like

Re: Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) by divinemichael(m): 11:32pm On Nov 21, 2020
Tradernaija:
You ended up beating about the bush..

The long epistle you wrote here has no substance.

You say I did beat about the bush, because you choose to be logical than spiritual.. the simple truth is that there is no partiality with God.. the Calvinists who believes in predestination often use Romans 9-15 as a defence that God has chosen somepersons for eternal commendation while others for condemnation. And that's totally wrong..
God will have mercy on those who have accepted his son, and will harden his heart upon those who chose not to believe after several warning..

That's the real and genuine interpretation. Any other one purports God to be naturally onesided, which is false..
Re: Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) by MuttleyLaff: 11:52pm On Nov 21, 2020
divinemichael:
You say I did beat about the bush, because you choose to be logical than spiritual.. the simple truth is that there is no partiality with God.. the Calvinists who believes in predestination often use Romans 9-15 as a defence that God has chosen somepersons for eternal commendation while others for condemnation. And that's totally wrong..
God will have mercy on those who have accepted his son, and will harden his heart upon those who chose not to believe after several warning..

That's the real and genuine interpretation. Any other one purports God to be naturally onesided, which is false..
I repeat, please quote and paste Romans 9:15 here for us to read or explain why Romans 9:15 doesnt allegedly say: "I will have mercy on whom I will have and I will harden My heart for whom I will Harden!" Thank you in advance for obliging

2 Likes

Re: Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) by amidel(m): 1:52am On Nov 22, 2020
Op, your explanation won't change what's written in the Bible which is Crystal clear that God will have mercy on whoever it(God) pleases. It's simple English.
Re: Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) by Kobojunkie: 3:40am On Nov 22, 2020
divinemichael:

I don't subscribee to calvanism in any way or form, but I can tell you that your assumptions here are equally wrong.

In His field, God has planted His good seeds, and in the same field, the enemy planted evil seeds as well. God knows His crop and expects to harvest them all at the end. His, God's seeds will never yield bad fruits. But the seeds planted by the enemy in God's field will all yield weeds as no bad tree will produce good fruit. All the good seeds that God planted though, will all yield good fruits. So, yes, God has planted a select in His Field. And if you believe what Jesus Christ said, it is only those whom the Father has given Him that are His - those whom He has not been given, are not His.
Re: Romans 9-15 The Most Misinterpreted Bible Verse. ( See True Interpretation) by ABOVEDELAW: 4:07am On Nov 22, 2020
STOP INTERPRETING THE WORDS OF THE BIBLE WITH CARNAL MIND

(1) (Reply)

Is There Truly A God? - Question from a believer. / Israeli Jewish Rabbi Said Christianity Is Idolatry (video) / Church Of Satan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.