Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) (668 Views)

Nigerians Storm Gotv Facebook Page Over WWE / Purpl3's WWE (and Pro-wrestling in general) Discussion And Banter House / BBNaija: The Show Is Satanic, Stop Watching Else God Will Send Down Fire" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) by NiklauseFred(m): 7:39am On Nov 22, 2020
My reasons are;

1-when I found out it's scripted

2-The one that broke the camel's back was when Ray Mysterio(619) won this match

*picture below*

1 Like

Re: What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 22, 2020
Damnn niggarr.... Iss that shitshure real Asin na the real picture be that Oga o so na decieve Dem dey deceive us E no go beta for dem
Anyway look my signature

Re: What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) by NiklauseFred(m): 9:05am On Nov 22, 2020
Brainiac12:
Damnn niggarr.... Iss that shitshure real Asin na the real picture be that Oga o so na decieve Dem dey deceive us E no go beta for dem
Anyway look my signature

Have you ever asked urself why wwe wrestlers faces don't swell like that of the boxers?
Re: What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) by McTominay(m): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2020
Wrestling and fake blows... SMH

1 Like

Re: What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) by Silentgroper(m): 8:00am On Nov 24, 2020
McTominay:
Wrestling and fake blows... SMH
Did u see d match btw drew nd orton yday? .. If yes, then u must've seen where randy was bleeding. bro, there's noting like fake blows in wrestling.
Re: What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) by McTominay(m): 8:55am On Nov 24, 2020
Silentgroper:
Did u see d match btw drew nd orton yday? .. If yes, then u must've seen where randy was bleeding. bro, there's noting like fake blows in wrestling.
That's the whole idea, I don't want to see again.
Re: What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) by Dantedasz(m): 11:14am On Nov 25, 2020
Silentgroper:

You have access to the internet. Educate yourself. Wrestling is scripted and the results are predetermined!
Vince McMahon(the promoter)decides who wins each match and who wears the belts. Do not allow yourself to be deceived!

1 Like

Re: What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) by Austeen007(m): 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2020
Don't mind most Nigerians with the way we think about wrestling. Before you become a wrestler you must undergo a medical test that includes looking at the person's skull, general health fitness, then you must be trained. And then steroids are injected. this will help the wrestler not to feel the pains from the blows.

If wrestling is stagged as many Nigerians think, why do you have over 14k people buying tickets to watch it live?

Nigerians are free to believe what they want. But I'll advise them to try it at home.
Silentgroper:
Re: What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) by NiklauseFred(m): 7:06am On Nov 26, 2020
Austeen007:
Don't mind most Nigerians with the way we think about wrestling. Before you become a wrestler you must undergo a medical test that includes looking at the person's skull, general health fitness, then you must be trained. And then steroids are injected. this will help the wrestler not to feel the pains from the blows.

If wrestling is stagged as many Nigerians think, why do you have over 14k people buying tickets to watch it live?

Nigerians are free to believe what they want. But I'll advise them to try it at home.

Do the steroids stop their faces from swelling? undecided

1 Like

Re: What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2020
I stop watching the WWE after I started watching the UCF
Re: What Made You To Stop Watching Wrestling?(wwe) by Dantedasz(m): 10:20am On Nov 26, 2020
KAYFABE IN WRESLING.

In professional wrestling, kayfabe /ˈkeɪfeɪb/ (also called work or worked), as a noun, is the portrayal of staged events within the industry as "real" or "true", specifically the portrayal of competition, rivalries, and relationships between participants as being genuine and not staged. The term kayfabe has evolved to also become a code word of sorts for maintaining this "reality" within the direct or indirect presence of the general public.[1]

Kayfabe, in the USA, is often seen as the suspension of disbelief that is used to create the non-wrestling aspects of promotions, such as feuds, angles, and gimmicks in a manner similar to other forms of fictional entertainment. In relative terms, a wrestler breaking kayfabe during a show would be likened to an actor breaking character on-camera. Also, since wrestling is performed in front of a live audience, whose interaction with the show is crucial to its success, kayfabe can be compared to the fourth wall in acting, since hardly any conventional fourth wall exists to begin with. In general, everything in a professional wrestling show is to some extent scripted, or "kayfabe", even though at times it is portrayed as real-life.

Kayfabe was fiercely maintained for decades, but with the advent of the Internet wrestling community, and the sports entertainment movement, the pro wrestling industry has become less concerned with protecting so-called backstage secrets and typically maintains kayfabe only during the shows. Kayfabe is, however, occasionally broken during shows, usually when dealing with genuine injuries during a match or paying tribute to wrestlers.

(1) (Reply)

Toyin Lawani Releases Photos Of Herself In Muslim Clothing To Respond To Critics / Latest Movie In 2021 / The Platform, Netflix Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.