Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi (633 Views)

2023: Peter Obi, An Internet Creation, Not On Ground In S’east- APC / Wike Tells Umahi To Vacate His Seat As Ebonyi Governor / Orji Kalu, Okorocha, Other Members Of S’East APC NASS Caucus Meet (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by Handsomecole(m): 10:45am On Nov 22, 2020
Defection: Consult S’East APC leaders, Kalu tells Umahi

The Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, has advised Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State to consult widely with other leaders of the All Progressives Congress in the South-East geopolitical zone for necessary strategies.

Kalu, who is one of the leaders of the APC in the region, gave the advice while speaking with our correspondent in Abuja on Saturday.

He was reacting to a possible faceoff between him and the governor following his absence from Umahi’s official defection from the Peoples Democratic Party to the APC held in Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital, on Saturday.

Kalu said the national leadership of the party contacted him being a leader of the party in the geopolitical zone and that he explained that he could not attend the event due to a national assignment he handled.

He, however, clarified that there was no love lost between Umahi, Rochas Okorocha, Hope Uzodinma, Ogbonnaiya Onu and him.

He said, “As the leader of the All Progressives Congress in the South-East, the chairman of the party called me and I told him that I was not going to attend the official defection of Governor Dave Umahi from the Peoples Democratic Party to the APC because the President of the Senate had asked me to preside over a committee on the 2021 budget.

“The Nigerian budget is more important than the official declaration ceremony. I’m very happy that Governor Umahi has defected. I have already called and congratulated him for defecting. I don’t have any issues with Governor Umahi.

“I helped in the development of the security architecture which the governor is implementing to tackle insecurity in the state. I will host Umahi to a dinner in my house tomorrow (Sunday). Some media reports of a possible faceoff between Umahi and me is trash.

“I want him to consult other leaders like Ogbonnaya Onu, Rochas Okorocha, Hope Uzodinma and others. We are united and we are very happy to receive Governor Umahi and we are still expecting more governors.”

Source PUNCH

https://punchng.com/defection-consult-seast-apc-leaders-kalu-tells-umahi/

1 Like

Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by QuotaSystem: 10:49am On Nov 22, 2020
Crab mentality.

Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by helinues: 10:51am On Nov 22, 2020
Hope Obi's fate won't await Umahi's chance.
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by Samuel200: 10:52am On Nov 22, 2020
Normal
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by HandmadeD: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2020
This country would've been so blessed in infrastructure and riches like Dubai if not for politicians and their praise singers
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:57am On Nov 22, 2020
Crooks...!
What have APC as a central party done for the southern region...?? Nothing. All of these crooks are sweating for the development of Niger Republic at last.
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by Simplyleo: 11:17am On Nov 22, 2020
Really?

So there is APC in SE at all?

1 Like

Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by HenryThegreat1(m): 11:21am On Nov 22, 2020
This umahi of a guy is very stubborn.
Let's see how he can achieve his secret ambition alone.
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:24am On Nov 22, 2020
OK good. Unity is the key. He should consult them ASAP.

Dave/Zulum ticket on the beat.

I am a non partisan but wherever I hear Dave Umahi name mentioned, it raises my hope.

What Dave Umahi did in Ebonyi state is simply MAGIC. He made me realized how much our politicians have stolen in this country.

1 Like

Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by BigSarah(f): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2020
No love lost
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by Bodexman(m): 11:33am On Nov 22, 2020
HenryThegreat1:
This umahi of a guy is very stubborn.
Let's see how he can achieve his secret ambition alone.

How do you mean he's stubborn? Because he made up his mind to follow a noble cause?

You mean he didn't consult wide before he decamped? Or because he didn't come to you for advice?

Are there no APC leaders like him in the southeast? Or is he bigger and more influential than the likes of Kali and others?

Tell me the development the PDP brought to the southeast compared to what it is now.

Tell me!
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by NNEWIsuper: 11:35am On Nov 22, 2020
Good one OUK, we keep pushing, we move

Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by crochetspur: 11:36am On Nov 22, 2020
Bad advice
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by NNEWIsuper: 11:37am On Nov 22, 2020
crochetspur:
Bad advice
How's it a bad advice... OUK is telling him to consult his people, what's wrong in doing that?
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by zeusdgrt(m): 11:37am On Nov 22, 2020
Yeye people
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by Aufbauh(m): 11:38am On Nov 22, 2020
It is unimaginable to see that the 'Islamic party' the APC now control two states in the almighty anti APC South East cheesy This is ludicrous and lugubrious!

Nobody should come and tell me that is 'back door' yen yen...... Every outside door in house leads to the room whether it is entrance or egress.
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by Abia1stS0N: 11:38am On Nov 22, 2020
NNEWIsuper:
Good one OUK, we keep pushing, we move

Kalu is an illiterate and an ex convict. Igbos can.never support a criminal that hus state is cursed

Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by Abia1stS0N: 11:40am On Nov 22, 2020
[s]
NNEWIsuper:

How's it a bad advice... OUK is telling him to consult his people, what's wrong in doing that?
[/s]

Kalu is from the cursed backward shithole Abia state, so he is a second class igbo and doesn't gave the authority to question Umahi. See your useless cursed backward shithole Abia state

Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by Abia1stS0N: 11:43am On Nov 22, 2020
Kalu is jittery because he knows he stands no chance in getting APC ticket. cheesy
Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by Donspicey: 11:53am On Nov 22, 2020
Na dem sabi.............

We go flog politicians koboko..........

dem too dey do us ojoro.......

2023 go sweet die..........

Get ur PVC.......
EnufizEnuf

Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by NNEWIsuper: 11:55am On Nov 22, 2020
Abia1stS0N:
[s][/s]

[s] Kalu is from the cursed backward shithole Abia state, so he is a second class igbo and doesn't gave the authority to question Umahi. See your useless cursed backward shithole Abia state[/s]
I'm from Anambra but Anambra is a cursed worthless erosion ravaged shithole village of igala land with a cursed miscreant Drunkard

Re: Defection: Consult S’east APC Leaders, Kalu Tells Umahi by Abia1stS0N: 11:57am On Nov 22, 2020
[s]
NNEWIsuper:

I'm from Anambra but Anambra is a cursed worthless erosion ravaged shithole village of igala land with a cursed miscreant Drunkard
[/s]

Hahahaha

E pain. I am from Abia state, even though the state is ravaged with poverty, illiteracy, erosion, bad roads and IPOB terrorists. Abia state is led by a fat incompetent drunkard gorilla dustbin governor. Abia state is cursedcheesy

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s First Coup and 54 Years After. / Nigeria Security Agency Arrest Bandits Terrorising People In Kastina / Shehu Sani Asks Nigerians To 'vote For God' After Buhari's Comment On Border...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.