Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,882 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) (37257 Views)

#EndSARS: Police Officer Kills His Colleague In Abuja, Commits Suicide / Civil Defence Officer Kills A Driver In Abia During Lockdown (Graphic Photo) / SARS Officer Kills Another Man In Lagos As Thug Breaks Bottle On His Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by DarkJeddi(m): 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2020
Gbest90:
In as much as must say this is bad, I think this report is inconclusive.

After all that's happened recently, no security agent would just shoot at innocent and unarmed men; just to announce their presence. angry

RIP TO THE DEAD THOUGH
Really?
You think no Security Agent would JUST shoot at innocent and unarmed Men?
Do they have to intentionally and specifically shoot at them before someone gets hit? shocked
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by Coolcalmcollect(m): 3:14pm On Nov 22, 2020
well mistakes happens, no big deal.
something's those guns are heavy and only releasing some bullets can reduce the stress of carrying it around.
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by Coolcalmcollect(m): 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2020
zaza247:
Hi nairalanders, please help a person in great Need i am an orphaned student currently struggling to stay in school and on the verge of dropping out due to financial difficulties,please help save my education and future. Any help will be greatly appreciated.thanks in advance please. Account details are as follows: 1130930765.polaris bank.
sorry I, I'm not doubting your story o, but which school? the one on strike or you're in a private university?
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by Lacash: 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2020
fergie001:
Another case of extrajudicial killing has been reported in Ekiti, where a Nigerian Police Personnel has shot two citizens, leaving one dead and another critically injured.

An eye-witness, Teejay (@TunjiAde_) reported the incident via micro-blogging site, twitter.

TunjiAde_

The incident happened at Queen's Court Hotel area, along Ikere-Ekiti Road, Ekiti State.

EkitiUpdate

TVC

The Policeman has been arrested and detained.

Akin Oyebode

The deceased, "KUSH" has been identified as "Olaoye Abayomi".

Abayomi was heavily involved with the recent ENDSARS protests.
(Pictures below)

One of the pix below is Graphic

This is obvious retaliation...9ja, most lawless Cowntry
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by Kingluqman(m): 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2020
beautyhd:
These guys no dey hear word, when there is reprisal attack, they will start wailing.

Shooting to announce your presence and ended up killing someone. I think guns should be taken away from police men, they should go back to the use of batons
At least that’s the reason why we still call them “Olopa” naw embarassed
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by Gbest90(m): 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2020
tnerro1:

Bros, they do this a lot in the villages, when I go to the village, there is a drinking joint nearby, they usually announce their presence by firing into the air and do the same when leaving
obyrich:
It seems you don't live in Nigeria. Let me tell you, no lesson has been learnt. Just be careful wherever you are when dealing with the police. Don't ever argue with them. Stay as far away from any policeman with a rifle as possible.

That's my own resolution. I hope you understand.

I meant that after all the OUTCRY against police brutality, they should have learnt a lesson or two.

But its seems the Nigerian police will never learn. cry
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by poiZon: 3:25pm On Nov 22, 2020
unscripted:
But I thought all police officers with VIPs has been withdrawn, this country is a joke ..
Me I'm a Nigerian with tarty something yrs experience. I can comfortably describe how Nigeria work.
Police withdrawn from vips. .....by who?
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by JoeEeL(m): 3:25pm On Nov 22, 2020
Gbest90:

After all that's happened recently, no security agent would just shoot at innocent and unarmed men; just to announce their presence. angry

RIP TO THE DEAD THOUGH

You don't understand the country u live in.
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by JoeEeL(m): 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2020
writetopoker2:
I thought they said, all police attached to all VIPs have been withdrawn?

Nigeria is unredeemable

'irredeemable' is the word.

And yes, Nigerian police force, the army, and most government parastatals are born liars!
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by jacoik(m): 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2020
Orubebe01:
If Ekiti people chop this own preeq now people will start shouting shocked
abi oooo my brother
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by EsvRotimiJubril(m): 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2020
unscripted:
But I thought all police officers with VIPs has been withdrawn, this country is a joke ..

This is Nigeria.
Policy is easier to say, implementing it is the problem
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by obyrich(m): 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2020
Gbest90:

I meant that after all the OUTCRY against police brutality, they should have learnt a lesson or two.

But its seems the Nigerian police will never learn. cry
Sure. I never expected any change. The rot is very deep. They will only change strategy but the basic animalistic tendencies remain.

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by Ryan03(f): 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2020
Gbest90:

RIP TO THE DEAD THOUGH
don't say that o, some are mad and I am happy they are bringing out theirselves like this although I feel bad for the victims. Let them he dismissed and charged for murder

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by Ryan03(f): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2020
fergie001:

They weren't shot at directly, according to the eyewitness and video (don't know how to attach them).

Probably to register their "Presence" like they do often...."stray-bullet".
it is very stupid and unlawful for policemen to "announce presence" with gunshots. This is pure stupidity so he should face the consequences
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by DoctorBen1(m): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2020
To the reporter. Pls what do mean by trigger happy. This report is lobesided. do you mean That the victim (RIP) did not interfer with police before he was fired? no smoke with fire.
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by anonymuz(m): 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2020
No wahala, aluta continua victoria ascerta
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by haaryobhami: 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2020
Gbest90:

RIP TO THE DEAD THOUGH
it happened,I know d lil sister of d guy, and my cousin went there today.
I posted it this morning and people called it fake news
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by haaryobhami: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2020
Gbest90:

RIP TO THE DEAD THOUGH
it happened,I know d lil sister of d guy, and my cousin went there today.
I posted it this morning and people called it fake news.
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by ORIAYO70(m): 3:52pm On Nov 22, 2020
Gbest90:

RIP TO THE DEAD THOUGH

Go to Ekiti n add urs
It's seems you don't know these beast called police....

I was at a bar in Ikorodu, this drunk police came n start shooting...

We have to flee...

The story is complete or not what justification does he have to shoot in the means of people...

That the bullet have to kill innocent citizens this police r just mad.
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by haaryobhami: 3:52pm On Nov 22, 2020
DoctorBen1:
To the reporter. Pls what do mean by trigger happy. This report is lobesided. do you mean That the victim (RIP) did not interfer with police before he was fired? no smoke with fire.
u are just a souless human being,d guy and his friend was having fun at a location when the police started harrasing them and wanted to arrest them illegally.
all they did was ask the police why they would want to arrest them and d trigger happy cops shoot them. I know d guy sis and he is a very cool guy
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by haaryobhami: 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2020
ORIAYO70:

Go to Ekiti n add urs
It's seems you don't know these beast called police....

I was at a bar in Ikorodu, this drunkard police came n start shooting...

We have to flee...

The story is complete or not what justification does he have to shoot in the means of people...

That the bullet have to kill innocent citizens this police r just mad.
the guy is talking trash and I spoke with d victim sis and he explained to me..
d guys were on there own having fun yesterday night when d police started harrasing them.
they challenged the police and the police shot a them
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by ghettochild(m): 3:57pm On Nov 22, 2020
Can someone explain the concept of stray bullet oo... Cos e dey surprise me.. If u don't shoot at someone straight.. I wonder how the bullet will come from above n then enter thru someone's stomach n then on to another's thighs..
This one na careless shooting o.. The policeman didnt aim upwards
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by Blessedassuranc(f): 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2020
Gbest90:

RIP TO THE DEAD THOUGH

Are you for real? So you don't know some police men attached to some VIPs do that? Oga pls just ask before typing rubbish
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by Blessedassuranc(f): 3:59pm On Nov 22, 2020
freemi:
what the case of the news paper vendor. That one too is inconclusive ?

Abeg no mind the mumu

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by sexuential: 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2020
Gbest90:

RIP TO THE DEAD THOUGH

Go there and investigate to make the story complete and conclusive.
Ur head is faulty. The one that happened in Abuja with the senators aide was conclusive to you.
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by fergie001: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2020
Ryan03:
it is very stupid and unlawful for policemen to "announce presence" with gunshots. This is pure stupidity so he should face the consequences
I agree.
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by Amsayvour2016(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2020
There's more to the guy's death, no be naija we dey? He was murdered for actively participating in the #ENDSARS protest. How can a Bullets fired in the air hit someone by the ribs?

JUSTICE MUST PREVAIL FOR ALL THE YOUTHS MULDERD ON COLD BLOOD DAILY FOR THEIR SORO SOKE
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by Frankcallys(m): 4:19pm On Nov 22, 2020
Now I am 100 percent sure that Nigerian police are not well trained in terms of shooting and targets. How can a well trained policeman kill someone just like that? If you want to announce your grand entrance, why not aim into the air?

In a sane country this useless bodyguard is going to jail for murder!!!
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by enonche85(m): 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2020
fergie001:

They weren't shot at directly, according to the eyewitness and video (don't know how to attach them).

Probably to register their "Presence" like they do often...."stray-bullet".

Isn't it strange that someone who was heavily involved with the EndSARS protest will be "mistakenly" hit by a police stray bullet?.
Re: Police Officer Kills Man In Ekiti, Leaves Another Critically Injured (Graphic) by fergie001: 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2020
enonche85:

Isn't it strange that someone who was heavily involved with the EndSARS protest will be "mistakenly" hit by a police stray bullet?.
Hmmmm......there might just be some correlation there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rifle Seized From A Drunk Police Officer In Abuja (Video) / Filipino Police Kills Harrison 'Awilo' A Nigerian Man (Photos) / Zimbabwean Man Sneaks Into Hospital Ward To Make Love With Sick Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.