Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Why Don't You Like Iphone??? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Don't You Like Iphone??? (8846 Views)

Android Phone That Looks Like Iphone / Meet Leagoo S9 Smartphone That Looks Like Iphone X / See This Neatly Used London Phone That Looks Exactly Like Iphone 7s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Twizzy30(m): 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ufedolove:

Lol!! What sort of hype is this? This can happen if only you are using lightly.
its not hype, it’s the truth and you would know this if you use one of these phones. You should read on the battery life of iPhone x series.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Twizzy30(m): 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2020
Meister:

You can tell these to people that know nothing about phones.

I'm referring to SOT you're talking about lasting a whole day, I once used my Redmi note 9s for 2days with 26% remaining but even at that my SOT was a little less than 9hrs because I was mostly just browsing within that 2 days time frame. Your XR won't give you 7hrs SOT on medium usage I'm very certain
You’re very certain it won’t give me 7hrs sot on medium usage like you’re the manufacturer or you use the damn phone

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Twizzy30(m): 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
JJmubby:

I get 12+ hours constant sot on my xr with medium usage. He’s right, new generation iphones have very good batteries and don’t be fooled by the mah number you see online, they last longer or are even on par with androids with 4000mah batteries in usage.

The thing about android phones is that they just put big batteries in the phones like that with little to no battery optimization where as ios optimize their batteries which allows the phones to use most out of the battery without actually draining them quickly. You can confirm this by doing a battery test between a 3000mah samsung s10e and a 2815mah iphone 12 or 2658mah iphone xs, you’ll notice that the s10e will die before the rest of the iphones despite having the bigger battery.
Bruh thanks for schooling that man on the battery life of these new generation of iPhones.
I was like most of these android fanboys before getting an iPhone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by IanSholex(m): 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
I hate the herds mentality of Nigerians. Following the crowd has never been me. Never used Blackberry in it's glorious days. Many people are also misinformed. My brother uses an iPhone 11 while I uses a Samsung galaxy s10 5G, believe me when I tell you the iPhone 11 can't touch my galaxy in photography, the reason for which many iPhone users buy the phone. To even think I got it cheaper than the iPhone 11 makes it more absurd.
Many use it just for show off, unnecessary attention.
The only reason I might consider getting an iPhone is because of it's longer OS support.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by theFilmtric: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2020
Horlaarsco:

1. You havent tried newer ones no be iphone 5 era be this
2. Expensive is relative smiley smiley
3. Well i dont have any issue with the ui
4. Guy all apps that have ios and android ios is always better, finer and cleaner and get stuffs first make ur findings
5. cheesy
6. grin grin grin grin Wahala
7. Well

The rest na just okoto!
All na cruise
But that number 4 is based on my experience
But I haven't handled 8 upward sha

theFilmtricsay
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by theFilmtric: 6:09pm On Nov 23, 2020
MacDodger:
Lol I owe you no explanation , Apple store doesn’t accept shitty apps unlike google playstore
Is that why 70% of the apps on the Apple app store haven't been downloaded bought?

theFilmtricsay
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Buzx: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
1. It's limited in terms of freedom and connectivity.
2. Poor Battery life.
3. It's over-priced.
4. No interesting UI and feature update. You get bored after a while.
5. They want you locked into their "Ecosystem"
6. Unreasonable data consumption.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Abdulsobur02: 6:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
You are not smart, fortnite is no longer available on iOS devices dont you read news
JJmubby:

Am sure u are using iphone 6 and below.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Buzx: 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
MacDodger:
Honestly bro apps are better on the iPhone than android , new features get to the iPhone before android you can use WhatsApp as an example

What you wrote is cliche and outdated. This is not 2011, bro. Android apps have been smoother than ever.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Buzx: 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
JJmubby:

U spitting some facts bro, iPhone are not that expensive over there, its here in Nigeria that we take it as if its some big deal, if not for Nigeria Naira’s terrible exchange rate.

$1000 is expensive anywhere in the world, bro.

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by JJmubby: 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2020
Abdulsobur02:
You are not smart, fortnite is no longer available on iOS devices dont you read news
That’s App store and play store, with a jailbroken iphone, you can still play it or with profiles without jailbreak.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by JJmubby: 7:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
Buzx:

What you wrote is cliche and outdated. This is not 2011, bro. Android apps have been smoother than ever.

You know that smooth is different from fast sha. iOS handles its apps fast and smooth but android only handles most apps fast and not smooth, if you use an 8plus and above you’ll get what am saying.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by JJmubby: 7:21pm On Nov 23, 2020
Buzx:

$1000 is expensive anywhere in the world, bro.

Lol, what will you call the price of that 1000$ iPhone thats around 700k+(2000$+) here in Nigeria.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Buzx: 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
JJmubby:

You know that smooth is different from fast sha. iOS handles its apps fast and smooth but android only handles most apps fast and not smooth, if you use an 8plus and above you’ll get what am saying.

You're calling animations smooth.

And if you use a OnePlus or a Mi 10 device, you would know what I'm saying, too.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Buzx: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
JJmubby:

Lol, what will you call the price of that 1000$ iPhone thats around 700k+(2000$+) here in Nigeria.

Lol, that's exchange rate. Nigerians are just adding shipping fee. grin $1000 is also a lot to Americans.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by JJmubby: 7:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
Buzx:

You're calling animations smooth.

And if you use a OnePlus or a Mi 10 device, you would know what I'm saying, too.

No, smooth means no stutters in app opening speed and general usage which android does no matter the brand, thats just how the OS is, especially when opening games, the phone will stutter a bit, black screen and then show the app/game logo. iOS on the other hand, the moment you click the app, especially games, you’ll see the logo immediately.

Check my sig, I’ve used the s20+, s10+ and the Redmi note 9 pro.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by JJmubby: 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
Buzx:

Lol, that's exchange rate. Nigerians are just adding shipping fee. grin $1000 is also a lot to Americans.

What am just saying is that as compared to the Nigeria price here, its not that expensive. Some android phones have some insane prices too like the Samsung galaxy fold thats around 2000$(900k+ on SLOT) and the google pixel flagships
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by DarkJeddi(m): 7:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
Horlaarsco:

1. You havent tried newer ones no be iphone 5 era be this
2. Expensive is relative smiley smiley
3. Well i dont have any issue with the ui
4. Guy all apps that have ios and android ios is always better, finer and cleaner and get stuffs first make ur findings
5. cheesy
6. grin grin grin grin Wahala
7. Well

The rest na just okoto!
Expensive is relative? shocked
Relative to what exactly?
IPhones are expensive,end of story..
That you can afford a hundred of them doesn't make it any less expensive.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Buzx: 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
JJmubby:

No, smooth means no stutters in app opening speed and general usage which android does no matter the brand, thats just how the OS is, especially when opening games, the phone will stutter a bit, black screen and then show the app/game logo. iOS on the other hand, the moment you click the app, especially games, you’ll see the logo immediately.

Check my sig, I’ve used the s20+, s10+ and the Redmi note 9 pro.

I don't know how you get stutters or lags on your s20+. Fornite on the iPhone 12 is not even as smooth as that of mi 10 ultra. I will find the YouTube video. The thing I noticed about iPhones are just the animations. Most people refer to this as smooth.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by DarkJeddi(m): 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
celwonder:
Everything (esp technological innovations) are transient, then why place so high interest on a product the producer is already thinking of a latest model?
Satisfaction as a utility is not quantifiable..
If using phones is what makes you happy,there's no price premium you can put on it..
If not phones,then something else would give you that satisfaction if acquired..
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Buzx: 7:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
JJmubby:

What am just saying is that as compared to the Nigeria price here, its not that expensive. Some android phones have some insane prices too like the Samsung galaxy fold thats around 2000$(900k+ on SLOT) and the google pixel flagships

Well, that's very correct. I wonder why it's over-price. I'm sure it has nothing to do with exchange rates.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by JJmubby: 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
Buzx:

I don't know how you get stutters or lags on your s20+. Fornite on the iPhone 12 is not even as smooth as that of mi 10 ultra. I will find the YouTube video. The thing I noticed about iPhones are just the animations. Most people refer to this as smooth.

Look it up bro, check the difference, even if the phone has 120hz refresh rate, it still doesn’t change some game/app opening stutters within the os itself which is related to software and not hardware.

Its’s not fortnite, it was genshin impact, you can get 60fps and epic graphics in fortnite on iPhone as old as the 7+. The genshin impact game was not optimized for the a14 yet as its a new processor or the game company devs were just too lazy. The only android os i can regard as fast and smooth is the one plus oxygen os as the one plus 7pro was able to keep up and tie with the iPhone 11 pro in app launching speed and smoothness.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by JJmubby: 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2020
Buzx:

Well, that's very correct. I wonder why it's over-price. I'm sure it has nothing to do with exchange rates.

Yes, exchange rate and some shipping fees are part of it but sellers will just want to add their own massive price on top and the worst thing is that, people will still buy it like that anyways.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Buzx: 8:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
JJmubby:

Look it up bro, check the difference, even if the phone has 120hz refresh rate, it still doesn’t change some game/app opening stutters within the os itself which is related to software and not hardware.

Its’s not fortnite, it was genshin impact, you can get 60fps and epic graphics in fortnite on iPhone as old as the 7+. The genshin impact game was not optimized for the a14 yet as its a new processor or the game company devs were just too lazy. The only android os i can regard as fast and smooth is the one plus oxygen os as the one plus 7pro was able to keep up and tie with the iPhone 11 pro in app launching speed and smoothness.

Oh, I seriously thought it was fortnite. They both have this cartoonish style. Well, that's no excuse @bolded. I'm not about to go into the ancient argument of iPhone vs Android smoothness. I'm just talking about how Android apps have become smoother these days compared to wayback when they were filled with bugs and uninteresting UI. And why do I feel smoothness is relative. I might be wrong, but I feel iPhone users create this bias to justify the price. "Oh, wow. It's freaking smooth! Look at those animations and scrolling, damn!" I've used an iPhone for a short while and I didn't notice anything; I got bored.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by DarkJeddi(m): 8:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
JJmubby:

1000$ is a LOT of money anywhere in the world.. shocked
The Western World may be richer but that still doesn't make 1000$ Peanuts..
It is PREMIUM Flagship range for a reason..
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Meister(m): 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
JJmubby:

I get 12+ hours constant sot on my xr with medium usage. He’s right, new generation iphones have very good batteries and don’t be fooled by the mah number you see online, they last longer or are even on par with androids with 4000mah batteries in usage.

The thing about android phones is that they just put big batteries in the phones like that with little to no battery optimization where as ios optimize their batteries which allows the phones to use most out of the battery without actually draining them quickly. You can confirm this by doing a battery test between a 3000mah samsung s10e and a 2815mah iphone 12 or 2658mah iphone xs, you’ll notice that the s10e will die before the rest of the iphones despite having the bigger battery.

Bro even if you're using your XR to watch just movies you still won't get that SOT, you can always post a screenshot of your SOT to prove me wrong
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Abdulsobur02: 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
Okay
JJmubby:

That’s App store and play store, with a jailbroken iphone, you can still play it or with profiles without jailbreak.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by JJmubby: 9:46pm On Nov 23, 2020
Buzx:

Oh, I seriously thought it was fortnite. They both have this cartoonish style. Well, that's no excuse @bolded. I'm not about to go into the ancient argument of iPhone vs Android smoothness. I'm just talking about how Android apps have become smoother these days compared to wayback when they were filled with bugs and uninteresting UI. And why do I feel smoothness is relative. I might be wrong, but I feel iPhone users create this bias to justify the price. "Oh, wow. It's freaking smooth! Look at those animations and scrolling, damn!" I've used an iPhone for a short while and I didn't notice anything; I got bored.

True, everything just depends on personal preference, as a long time android user even with the iPhone am using, I still have a mid range xiaomi cos who wants to be in that enclosed and restricted ecosystem, It has its purpose tho, security, gaming, camera and others but speaking of extra features, tweaking and modded/custom apps, I use my android.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Ufedolove: 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2020
Twizzy30:
its not hype, it’s the truth and you would know this if you use one of these phones. You should read on the battery life of iPhone x series.
Okay na. I guess that explains why most iPhone users can't do without power banks

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by bigdot1759(m): 11:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
adetoroamos:
lmao! Which app dey playstore that is not on AppStore. When u start using an iPhone definitely you will fall inlove with it.
iPhone is like AN EXPENSIVE TOY
WITH USELESS O.S. INTERFACE

1 Like

Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Buzx: 11:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
JJmubby:

True, everything just depends on personal preference, as a long time android user even with the iPhone am using, I still have a mid range xiaomi cos who wants to be in that enclosed and restricted ecosystem, It has its purpose tho, security, gaming, camera and others but speaking of extra features, tweaking and modded/custom apps, I use my android.

Yeah. You're right, bro!! It all boils down to preference.
Re: Why Don't You Like Iphone??? by Twizzy30(m): 11:51pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ufedolove:

Okay na. I guess that explains why most iPhone users can't do without power banks
lol i guess you don’t stay in Nigeria or you’re just blind to the fact that we don’t have stable electricity here. And I’m pretty certain the iPhone users you see rocking powerbanks everywhere they go owns the old generations of iPhones with weak battery health.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Register Mtn Sim Using Your BVN / ***Watch How I Used A Playstation 2 Pad To Play Pes 2016 On Android*** / Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.