Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? (1506 Views)

Show Evidence I Benefitted From N156m Slush Fund, Atiku Tells FG / INEC Website Shows How Buhari Benefitted From Manual Voting In 2015 / Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2020
What have you benefitted from the federal or state government since you were born?

The only thing I can think of since I came into the world as a Nigerian the government has provided is my passport. I realized my family unit was the government who provided
:
Water-sunk a borehole and some miscreants sent by the local government once came to charge us water tax grin
Electricity- Used generator because NEPA/PHCN was unreliable.
Sewage Treatment - Had to dig our own pit to get rid of waste.
Security- Had three security guards protecting our house.
Education- Went to private school from nursery to secondary school.
Healthcare- Went to private hospital.
Unemployed- Beg family or friends for money.No social security payment from government.
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 22, 2020
Hmmm
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by pharmagba: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
What have you benefitted from the federal or state government since you were born?

The only thing I can think of since I came into the world as a Nigerian the government has provided is my passport. I realized my family unit was the government who provided
:
Water-sunk a borehole.
Electricity- Used generator because NEPA/PHCN was unreliable.
Sewage Treatment - Had to dig our own pit to get rid of waste.
Security- Had three security guards protecting our house.
Education- Went to private school from nursery to secondary school.
Healthcare- Went to private hospital.
Unemployed- Beg family or friends for money.No social security payment from government.
Even passport I paid for it
I think I chop tradamoni N20k ( if they ask I will pay back)

4 Likes

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by kingscare1(m): 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2020
Nothing, but I still love my country Nigeria and hopefully someday I and other Nigerian citizens would be proud to say "I am a Nigerian". Also we wish to see a nation that proudly defends it's citizen both home and abroad. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2020
pharmagba:

Even passport I paid for it
I think I chop tradamoni N20k ( if they ask I will pay back)
Do you think that is part of the reason corruption is rampant?Civil servants know during service they will be owed salaries and after service their pension and gratuity will never be paid and begin the vicious cycle of acquiring as much as they can to take care of their family unit for generations to come.

Or is corruption just down to outright greed to accumulate as much material wealth as possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by BEEFIE: 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2020
when I served this country I was given free cloth and paid upkeep for a full year

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2020
BEEFIE:
when I served this country I was given free cloth and paid upkeep for a full year
How many years did you have to wait before you served your country through NYSC to receive the benefit?
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2020
kingscare1:
Nothing, but I still love my country Nigeria and hopefully someday I and other Nigerian citizens would be proud to say "I am a Nigerian". Also we wish to see a nation that proudly defends it's citizen both home and abroad. smiley
Will it happen in our lifetime that is the question?
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by prince22607(m): 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2020
don't get it twisted. you render a service to your country through NYSC and not that u benefited your country through NYSC.

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Fahdiga(m): 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2020
Nothing. only lies and deceits. during my service year one NYSC official claimed that they spends 1 million Naira on each Corper starting from Camp to PPA till we pass out. imagine this audacious lie

8 Likes

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 22, 2020
Fahdiga:
Nothing. only lies and deceits. during my service year one NYSC official claimed that they spends 1 million Naira on each Corper starting from Camp to PPA till we pass out. imagine this audacious lie
grin

1 Like

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2020
prince22607:
don't get it twisted. you render a service to your country through NYSC and not that u benefited your country through NYSC.
I forgot it was actually a service, you gave one year of your life to a country that never did anything for you since you were born.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by BEEFIE: 7:48pm On Nov 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

How many years did you have to wait before you served your country through NYSC to receive the benefit?

when last did you pay your personal income tax for you to draw any benefit from the government
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2020
BEEFIE:

when last did you pay your personal income tax for you to draw any benefit from the government
Income tax has always been deducted from family members salaries automatically if you work for a private organization or government.

Only sole proprietors and business owners are able to avoid paying taxes.
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by helinues: 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2020
What have you contributed towards the development of Nigeria except from blaming games?

Huh
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2020
helinues:
What have you contributed towards the development of Nigeria except from blaming games?

Huh
I can tell you my family's contribution. Provided short term and long term employment to man hired to dig borehole,dig sewage pit, 3 security guards and man who regularly maintained our generator.
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by BEEFIE: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Income tax has always been deducted from family members salaries automatically if you work for a private organization or government.

Only sole proprietors and business owners are able to avoid paying taxes.
I'm asking again. have you ever paid income tax to the government vyou you so condemn
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by helinues: 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I can tell you my family's contribution. Provided short term and long term employment to man hired to dig borehole,dig sewage pit, 3 security guards,man who maintains our generator.

See Ruud's quota contribution towards Nigeria . grin grin

So with what you listed above, you did not even benefit anything from GEJ's regime yet you guys expected him to win his reelection?

Choi, hypocrisy dancing skelewu
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by jmoore(m): 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2020
Nothing oh.

I am regretting paying 10,000 naira to attend a compulsory training for the government AGEMEIS loan.

Applied for loan on May, got invited for interview on July. Since then, nothing from them.

Money wey I suppose use chop better chicken this Christmas.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2020
BEEFIE:

I'm asking again. have you ever paid income tax to the government you you so condemn
My family has paid taxes in millions . I am also talking about my family unit.

Do you know Nigerians that work for private organizations pay 24% of their income as tax to the government that is run by the biggest looters in the world?At the time all the taxes were going to federal government and Bendel State/Delta State government and we all know how judicious they use state allocation and IGR generated from taxes.

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Toosure70: 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2020
Polio immunization grin

1 Like

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2020
Toosure70:
Polio immunization grin
grin
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2020
helinues:

See Ruud's quota contribution towards Nigeria . grin grin

So with what you listed above, you did not even benefit anything from GEJ's regime yet you guys expected him to win his reelection?

Choi, hypocrisy dancing skelewu
I have never been a fan of any of the looters that have run the country down.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by dvdwed(m): 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2020
Not a dime.

Not a dime

Not a dime
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by helinues: 8:14pm On Nov 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I have never been a fan of any of the looters that have run the country down.

Come closer, bring your cheek let me help you kill the mosquito buzzing..... undecided undecided

RuudVanNisteroy A.k.a Anonimi

Like I have been saying na una past go dey always exposed you people...
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2020
jmoore:
Nothing oh.

I am regretting paying 10,000 naira to attend a compulsory training for the government AGEMEIS loan.

Applied for loan on May, got invited for interview on July. Since then, nothing from them.

Money wey I suppose use chop better chicken this Christmas.
They charged you N10,000 shocked
Re: What Have You Benefitted From Federal Or State Government Since You Were Born? by jmoore(m): 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

They charged you N10,000 shocked

They have private organizations that are licensed to do the training. That's what they were told by the government to charge.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There No Hausa Elders? / Ooni Asks Panel To Assess South-west Devt, Igboho’s Arrest. / Opinion:#endsars Panel-why Nigeria Will Not Move Forward With This Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.