Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,279 members, 7,957,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:56 PM

Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State (2567 Views)

BREAKING: Wike Approved National Mosque And Christian Center Maintenance Funds / Behold Longest Flyover In West Africa To Be Commissioned By President Buhari / Buhari Approved The Release Of National Stadium, Surulere To Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by honda001: 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2020
ogmask:
Very insensitive move. Wike should stop this rubbish abeg. Is aba road the only road in phc?
He is just busy constructing overhead bridges with billions on a road that is not up to 5km from govt house to eleme junction.
What is a bridge doing at GRA junction. What is the reason for the expansion at rumuola and now kaduna junction. What is that thing he built at garrison junction he called a flyover. Look at the straight bridge he built at rumuokoro... in this time of scientific break thru wike is still stuck in the past building straight long bridges where he could have built interchange like what amaechi did at Obirikwere about 12yrs ago, what diete spiff did at mile1 about 30yrs ago and what amaechi and omehia did at eleme junction 14yrs ago.
Since he came his concentration is on aba road , Old and new GRA and other areas within the portharcourt metropolis whereas, east west road by tank is impassable, east west road by obi wali is totally bad, you can't even go to Onne and you don't spend 2 hrs on the road. Igbo etche and many other areas are begging for common grading of their roads but he will instead intimidate them.
If you not here in phc you won't know what we are suffering because wike wants to build all the over head bridges in 1yr
you were making sense until were u talked about garrison fly over...I completely lost interest because ur judgement is biased.
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by SaintBishop: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2020
WorWorBoy:
This man keep doing everything in uptown, no development in town or Borokiri it is well.
Wike na mr project na, the project no reach town or borokiri? cheesy Lol.
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by dbonks(m): 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2020
[quote author=ogmask post=96332276]

Do you know the level of insecurity in this state. Do we need these kind of archaic fly overs to start with?
Education zero
Healthcare zero
No minimum wage for civil servants
No payment of pensions
Supports and encourage police brutality
Supports and encourage touts
Nobody knows the budget of river's state since wike came to office
He does everything himself which has made his commissioners redundant.
[/quote

I was waiting for you to mention education Because that is where I serve...
My brother ask your principal how much Wike gives him/her every academic session to support the school work popular called Impress ...also ask them how they received from him for grass cutting grass and school cleaning after COVID19 break.
After the talk of the new minimum wage by the federal government, Wike was among the first Governors to add additional 10k across board to Grade level 8 step 4 work in the state, which is where I belong, I don't know how much he added to workers at other levels, this is not to say is enough, but I want to use this opportunity to ask you what that addition is called. Even the labour Congress that sold this crap to people is no where to be found, today we are witnessing massive deductions in our salaries to satisfy one of the request, which is their check-up dues, today non of them is talking about Wike not paying minimum because they have received there money and their secretariat reopened.
On the issue of Penson, I have a father, uncle and aunty who are all pensioners, I want to prove it to you, without holding brief for this government, that they have been receiving their pension without delay, since 2015, if there is area where we are pushing for actions from him, is in the area of gratuity and promotion. So stop the lies, you are not the only person in Rivers State, play your politics with maturity, we all know is about vested interest, but respect another person,'s actions by telling it the way it is, not twisting facts to suit you.
For your information, I am not a card carrying member of any political party, but am here to put it as it is, if you doubt me,
I will send to you my pay slip, and also mention to you, the school where I work, to tell you how much Wike have been supporting schools in the state, aside the provision of infrastructure, which you could
say that, he hasn't built much structures like Ameachi did.
But in the area of funding, he is the only Governor since after the reign of Peter Odili to reintroduce the funding of schools, through impress to the principals to enable them keep there schools running even when govt is not there.
On the flyover with inter-change at Obiri Ikwerrre, my bro, remember also that Ameachi finished that fly over without constructing the road that would have made it beautiful, which is the road leading to the airport, which Wike immediately constructed when he came into office in 2015.
So my brother criticize small for non of them is perfect, allow him finish his own style of governance, when another person comes, he can shift direction and style towards another priority area, from there, collectively, we can achieve even development.

#peace... Good evening.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by chozzy: 1:57am On Nov 23, 2020
Nice
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by ogmask: 7:11am On Nov 23, 2020
honda001:
you were making sense until were u talked about garrison fly over...I completely lost interest because ur judgement is biased.

You probably lost interest because u most likely did not know that garrison was planned to have an interchange and not a straight line bridge like what he did there now.
You do not need to swallow everything you are presented just because wike did it. Go back and read my post again, I meant a straight line bridge wasn't the original plan for garrison. You can Go find out for yourself. What about slaughter, was there suppose to be a round about there? Ask questions and very important, travel to other places to see what govts build in this day and time.
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by ogmask: 7:22am On Nov 23, 2020
[quote author=dbonks post=96335552][/quote]

I honestly don't know what to reply you cos you see govt as a style and not what the pple want. I merely drew attention to the interchange to prove that he could do better and not force just anything down our throats. You may have to travel out of portharcourt to other develop climes to understand my point. When a pple have been severely impoverished they thank their oppressors for showing them his tooth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by ogmask: 7:25am On Nov 23, 2020
vanbonattel:

Are you crying? Cry more for Kaduna state. Over 20 000 civilians have been killed there.

It is that bad but it doesn't make river's state any better. Pple killed here are humans too.
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by Mutemenot(m): 8:06am On Nov 23, 2020
vanbonattel:

Are you from Kogi? Yahaya Bello is the worst governor since 1488 ad cheesy

Have u been to Anambra? I think both Bello n Obiano 're fighting for the first position
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by ogmask: 7:46pm On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=dbonks post=96335552][/quote]

You know those things you wrote are not true. Wike doesn't pay pension, he has not started paying minimum wage and education is in tatters. Which area apart from the archaic bridges and resurfacing of good roads has he excelled.
The facts are there for all to see. Which ministries did your uncle and aunt served? Maybe we should start from there before we go to the school where u work.
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by Back2Daura(m): 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2020
ogmask:
Very insensitive move. Wike should stop this rubbish abeg. Is aba road the only road in phc?
He is just busy constructing overhead bridges with billions on a road that is not up to 5km from govt house to eleme junction.
What is a bridge doing at GRA junction. What is the reason for the expansion at rumuola and now kaduna junction. What is that thing he built at garrison junction he called a flyover. Look at the straight bridge he built at rumuokoro... in this time of scientific break thru wike is still stuck in the past building straight long bridges where he could have built interchange like what amaechi did at Obirikwere about 12yrs ago, what diete spiff did at mile1 about 30yrs ago and what amaechi and omehia did at eleme junction 14yrs ago.
Since he came his concentration is on aba road , Old and new GRA and other areas within the portharcourt metropolis whereas, east west road by tank is impassable, east west road by obi wali is totally bad, you can't even go to Onne and you don't spend 2 hrs on the road. Igbo etche and many other areas are begging for common grading of their roads but he will instead intimidate them.
If you not here in phc you won't know what we are suffering because wike wants to build all the over head bridges in 1yr

Very correct Portharcourt boy nai you be

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by Kinematics: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2020
helinues:

6th flyover when some governors don't even have up to 2

Nonsense. Did we tell him our problem in Rivers State just fly over?
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by Kinematics: 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2020
ogmask:

You made valid points at the beginning, but spoilt it later by listing federal government roads.
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by bolanto24(m): 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
Kinematics:

You made valid points at the beginning, but spoilt it later by listing federal government roads.

His points are still valid.
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by ogmask: 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
Kinematics:

Aba road is the No1 federal road in river's state brother. If he can build bridges on Aba why can't he fix the others too. Afterall the money will be refunded by the federal govt.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by Kinematics: 11:55pm On Dec 23, 2020
ogmask:

Aba road is the No1 federal road in river's state brother. If he can build bridges on Aba why can't he fix the others too. Afterall the money will be refunded by the federal govt.

Quite obvious you didn't hear when fg said states shouldn't fix fed roads anymore.
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by Villagemeat: 12:12am On Dec 24, 2020
ogmask:
Heater,you go wail tired
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by ogmask: 10:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
Kinematics:

Quite obvious you didn't hear when fg said states shouldn't fix fed roads anymore.

And he is busy building numerous bridges on Aba road? Or is aba road no longer a federal road. Now hear this, the cheapest and shortest bridge of the 5 bridges he is constructing on Aba road cost #18B Naira. That bridge is the one at GRA junction. Wike said this with his own mouth. Let's assume all the bridges at artillery, rumuola, GRA junction, garrison and CFC cost 18Billion each. That will give us 18billion x 5 = 90Billion naira. C'mon brother, are you saying nothing else to do with this money knowing that he won't be refunded?
That's politics for you. What fashola said about no refund is not backed by any laws in our land. Do the maths bro.
Fixing the bad portions from obi wali axis to Onne won't even cost 3Billion but he would rather build bridges on dry land where he can make more money for himself.
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by Kinematics: 11:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
ogmask:

And he is busy building numerous bridges on Aba road? Or is aba road no longer a federal road. Now hear this, the cheapest and shortest bridge of the 5 bridges he is constructing on Aba road cost #18B Naira. That bridge is the one at GRA junction. Wike said this with his own mouth. Let's assume all the bridges at artillery, rumuola, GRA junction, garrison and CFC cost 18Billion each. That will give us 18billion x 5 = 90Billion naira. C'mon brother, are you saying nothing else to do with this money knowing that he won't be refunded?
That's politics for you. What fashola said about no refund is not backed by any laws in our land. Do the maths bro.
Fixing the bad portions from obi wali axis to Onne won't even cost 3Billion but he would rather build bridges on dry land where he can make more money for himself.

He is not fixing the road, rather building a new one to relieve stress on the existing one. These are 2 different things.

I'm not in support of the nonsense Wike is doing shaa, there are many roads that need more attention compared to the ones he is doing now.

Its time for Amaechi to show that he indeed means well for Rivers by fixing those dilapidated FG roads.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by ogmask: 11:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
Kinematics:

He is not fixing the road, rather building a new one to relieve stress on the existing one. These are 2 different things.

I'm not in support of the nonsense Wike is doing shaa, there are many roads that need more attention compared to the ones he is doing now.

Its time for Amaechi to show that he indeed means well for Rivers by fixing those dilapidated FG roads.

Bro, of he truly wanted to ameliorate the traffic situation he should have built an interchange at garrison which will connect a bridge at waterline junction. CFC, rumuola and GRA junction na waste of tax payers money. As for artillery he should have built an interchange too. Straight line bridges are not only obsolete they have little of no effect on traffic especially the round about oart of it.
As for ameachi meaning well for river's state the man nor be works ministry he dey na transportation he dey.
Trust me brother, with less than 2billion the entire bad portions on east west road within phc will be fixed.
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by Kinematics: 11:27pm On Dec 24, 2020
ogmask:

Bro, of he truly wanted to ameliorate the traffic situation he should have built an interchange at garrison which will connect a bridge at waterline junction. CFC, rumuola and GRA junction na waste of tax payers money. As for artillery he should have built an interchange too. Straight line bridges are not only obsolete they have little of no effect on traffic especially the round about oart of it.
As for ameachi meaning well for river's state the man nor be works ministry he dey na transportation he dey.
Trust me brother, with less than 2billion the entire bad portions on east west road within phc will be fixed.

Las las Wike na scam. Period!

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by ogmask: 12:14am On Dec 25, 2020
Kinematics:

Las las Wike na scam. Period!

The matter tire me
Re: Governor Wike Approved The Construction Of A 6th Flyover In Rivers State by Nwaelohim: 3:19am On Dec 25, 2020
This wike lack reasoning. Aba road is not the only road in PHC, constructing 100 flyover on aba road will never solve traffic problem in PHC especially on the same direction. You need a ring road and flyover crossing both sides of the aba road. By next ten years the traffic issue in PHC will still be there because they are not solving it. Wike brain is only functional with block and cement. No proper analysis to problem in Rivers State

(1) (2) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Threatens To Unleash Violence On Oshodi LG Chairmanship Aspirants / We South South Will Never Vote Peter Obi. / What APC Will Use To Campaign In South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.