Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,995 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon (66682 Views)

Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / Help!!! My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Where It Was Parked / Mercedes-Benz Unveils It's 1st All-electric Car,It Will Go 200mi On Full Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Benjosh123(m): 2:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
How? and what made it Endangered specie?
peppermint7:
When a tell ona sey Corolla na endangered species ona no gree here
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by BlessedNuel: 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
hajjii:
Kindly provide VIN of the car as well. It will help

This is the chassis number (VIN) of the stolen car ➡️ 1NXBR32E04Z305842
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by pacespot(m): 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
0taPiaPia:

There is steering lock. But having to do this all the time is not convenient. I has a steering lock for my camry but I seldom use it maybe cause I had a super alarm system.

I don't think there is anything inconvenient here, if you know you are going to leave your car outside for up to 30 minutes, there is not hard in observing all the necessary security measures doing so.

I was even referring to the wheels, the tires, if they can be locked, I will definitely lock them if the car will stay there for a day or more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by dovetark: 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
I don't know how to feel about this post. But thanks.

cynthia500:
“If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small.”
Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want.”
What hurts you blesses you.
‘Nothing is stronger than a broken man rebuilding himself.
I always thought it was me against the world and then one day I realized it’s just me against me.
“A man is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by 2oby: 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
pacespot:

This is good, I haven't heard this before. How?

I work wt a company n i track all der vehicles(600). If report stolen, there is a command we send to the vehicle wc immobilizes it
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by 2oby: 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
SatanBoss:
bro that is if you count cars in naija, the cars wth trackers will be less than 0.1%. lets be real man. in my street alone, there are close to 50cars and i bet you na only one or non go get tracker. the tech is good but its alien to nigerians

I understand you. The number is growing.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by DonnyE(m): 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
cyborg123:
No one should use this car (especially 2003/2004) without enough security. They are easily known by a protrusion in the lower part of the front bumper and amber coloured rear turn signals.

After falling for pressure to buy this model year, I fixed kill switch, tracker and steering lock and yet I find it difficult to park anywhere in this Lagos/ogun state axis.

I pray the owner recovers the car.
But please ooo.. this model has a factory steering lock, can that be broken too. Cos I lock my steering each time I am out of the car.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by stacyadams: 2:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
Unrated900:

But if there s tracker on the said vehicle

It will surely be on the road before hitting dismantling avenue.

So Installing tracking device is really good
angry grin grin no mind those people arguing bout tracker,,them go buy iPhone fifteen dey borrow charger instead of buying charger..

2 Likes

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by DonnyE(m): 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
0taPiaPia:

There is steering lock. But having to do this all the time is not convenient. I has a steering lock for my camry but I seldom use it maybe cause I had a super alarm system.
Yes it has, but can't the factory steering lock be broken? I try to always use it.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
AbijaJ:
Toyota Corolla must be one of the most stolen cars in Nigeria. I guess because of its second hand value and Taxify/Uber drivers prefer it over others.

Toyota and Honda cars occupy the top
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by cyborg123(m): 2:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
DonnyE:

But please ooo.. this model has a factory steering lock, can that be broken too. Cos I lock my steering each time I am out of the car.
It seems those that steal these cars have a master key. Steering lock offers no protection so far a valid key is inserted into the ignition.

What makes matters worse for this model is that it has no immobiliser. A thief with a master key can drive it away with ease.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by awoo47: 2:38pm On Nov 23, 2020
cyborg123:

It seems those that steal these cars have a master key. Steering lock offers no protection so far a valid key is inserted into the ignition.

What makes matters worse for this model is that it has no immobiliser. A thief with a master key can drive it away with ease.
how do they get master key?
i thought each key has a specific RFID unique to the car embedded inside the car keys
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by stacyadams: 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
ShenTeh:
I hope the car is comprehensively insured?
grin grin

This one na another story for another thread,, u c comprehensive insurance and tracking device, , we no d take am serious for here
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by karnap(m): 2:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
cynthia500:
I always thought it was me against the world and then one day I realized it’s just me against me.
Na woman write this ooo...I for love to her you as a sister.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by cyborg123(m): 3:00pm On Nov 23, 2020
awoo47:
how do they get master key?
i thought each key has a specific RFID unique to the car embedded inside the car keys
Only 2005-2007 has that feature.

1 Like

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by sonnie10: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Even if you cannot afford a tracker, hid an old iPhone somewhere in the car. You can always track it.
Also, a street electrician can connect an old school immobilizer for your car for less than 2k. It’s better than nothing

2 Likes

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Stokeontrent: 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
Register the car details in www.myAssetLookup.com

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by ManyThanks: 3:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
cynthia500:
God bless you for this antidepressant
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Luxurydriverng: 3:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
Another Corolla, I cant use this car even if na dash
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Luxurydriverng: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
AbijaJ:
Toyota Corolla must be one of the most stolen cars in Nigeria. I guess because of its second hand value and Taxify/Uber drivers prefer it over others.

Many other cars out there will match the Corolla on uber/taxify business Nigerians just like to follow the crowd

1 Like

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Kanoski(m): 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
sonnie10:
Even if you cannot afford a tracker, hid an old iPhone somewhere in the the car. You always track it.
Also, a street electrician can connect an old school immobilizer for your car for less thank 2k. It’s better than nothing
The iPhone part..
It's genius bro

2 Likes

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by JJmubby: 3:31pm On Nov 23, 2020
femi4:
A car that's over 10yrs need no tracking device

Besides, you cannot track dismantled car

Kai, u don tey for this business grin grin grin
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
SatanBoss:
u people should stop it with this traking rubbish. how many cars in naija have trackers?

I have seen the trackers installed. At the point where it's spliced into the wiring of the car, any good auto electrician knows how to disable them.
Just try to park away from remote areas and use a pedal lock. And use the pedal lock properly - if the steering is adjustable make sure to bring it down before locking.
I am told the local steering lock with padlock is the best. In order to sabotage it a car thief will have to make a lot of noise. The most common steering lock for automatic cars (RPG Model) is the easiest to sabotage. Dont use it with too much confidence.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
BlessedNuel:
Greetings..

kindly rebroadcast through any available platform the theft of my inlaw's Corolla! It was stolen at Oweh Str, Jibowu Yaba.

She was in church today, (22 November,2020 ) at the time of the theft.... Unfortunately, the vehicle has no tracking device installed...

Call 08034001520 08033901970 08026663464 if you have any information. Thanks.

The car looks new. Tell her to check with whoever sold the car to her in a few days.

Car sellers are known to steal cars to resell.
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by 0taPiaPia(m): 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
DonnyE:

Yes it has, but can't the factory steering lock be broken? I try to always use it.

That I can't say. But the key doesn't look like a regular key that can easily be picked.. maybe except the thief has all the time to saw through then again the stuff I believe is made of a strong metal but by then my car would be sounding it's alarm like an ambulance on emergency service cool ( infact for a vulcanizer to change my tire, I have to keep pressing unlock so the alarm doesn't go off ).
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by 0taPiaPia(m): 3:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
pacespot:

I don't think there is anything inconvenient here, if you know you are going to leave your car outside for up to 30 minutes, there is not hard in observing all the necessary security measures doing so.

I was even referring to the wheels, the tires, if they can be locked, I will definitely lock them if the car will stay there for a day or more

Then go ahead and get one. It's an extra measure and doesn't cost much. If there are other cars parked close to your I believe the thief would let your be and go for others cause of the extra job you have given them. grin
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2020
This particular one was bought by the owner at the price of 574, 877 naira.
stacyadams:
grin grin car of 2m,no tracking device of 40k,corolla for that matter
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by 0taPiaPia(m): 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
Atlas9:

I have seen the trackers installed. At the point where it's spliced into the wiring of the car, any good auto electrician knows how to disable them.
Just try to park away from remote areas and use a pedal lock. And use the pedal lock properly - if the steering is adjustable make sure to bring it down before locking.
I am told the local steering lock with padlock is the best. In order to sabotage it a car thief will have to make a lot of noise. The most common steering lock for automatic cars (RPG Model) is the easiest to sabotage. Dont use it with too much confidence.

God bless you for this.. my mind have never crossed this line. @ the bolded

1 Like

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by 0taPiaPia(m): 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2020
DonnyE:

I mean an external pedal/steering lock.

Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by blinking001(m): 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
WilliamsDeGreat:

I thank God I sold mine lol
You did the right thing. Lol
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by peppermint7(m): 4:43pm On Nov 23, 2020
Benjosh123:
How? and what made it Endangered specie?
U de ment o
Shebi u knw sabi sey dem don tiv the remaining Corollas finish
Re: Car Theft : Please Don't Buy This Car...It was Stolen This Afternoon by DavidBerger: 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2020
Security cameras are considered as an important installation in houses and business premises these days. While crime rates are on the rise, it is always best to be careful. Security cameras can deter criminals, while also offering various benefits to those who invest in them. Indeed a surveillance system is considered to be a form of investment, rather than a luxury as it used to be a decade or so ago.
https://www.deltasecuritysolutions.ca

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Design And Features Of The IVM G40 Presented To Mercy, Winner Of BBNaija / A Sport Car Made By Jerry Mallo From Plateau State (Photos) / BMW 750li Xdrive Bashed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.