Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. (3082 Views)

Yvonne Jegede Reacts To Alibaba's Post On The Challenges Women Face In Marriages / Bobrisky Shows His Real Face In A New Video With Tonto Dikeh / Yemi Alade Bares Face In New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by ikennamadu1(m): 8:17am On Nov 23, 2020
they are talking about accommodating more people... this ewedu guzzlers are talking about hate and envy... when Una go get sense ..

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Fahdiga(m): 8:19am On Nov 23, 2020
Jedalord:

My brother how is he a bigot? Simple question he asked for a discussion on a subject matter and you are turning it into an toxic argument,haba that too bad of you sir
My bro you should have smelt the funny aspect of my banter with him. I don't mean any harm
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Fahdiga(m): 8:20am On Nov 23, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, try to mention me whenever you do and remember to tell me your state.
I will by 2050. wait for my mention then
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2020
hisgrace090:

Being invited to sing in america by your town men does not equal reigning in america or elswhere.

There is sense in what he is saying.

It should have made sense if Nigeria is a homogeneous country.

More like Michael Jackson singing in English and expect Chinese who speaks mandarin to patronise him.

If MJ relocates to china, he has to work harder to penetrate the Chinese music industry or maybe in french country, you expect him to reign supreme.

There is no sense in the analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by agadez007(m): 8:39am On Nov 23, 2020
[quote author=Sammy07 post=96342036][/quote]I understand you are trying to defend your people and I don't really understand why you are using the term West instead of just saying Lagos,I care less what they play in Ibadan or Ekiti etc I am talking about lagos which is the melting point of All tribes in Nigeria,and now the unofficial music Capital of Nigeria
its not only the yorubas that are residing in Lagos,there are others tribes too,even Owerri that isn't as diverse as lagos have a two hour Yoruba programme on zanders fm every wednesday where people call in speaking only Yoruba and requesting Yoruba music
chill not every time tribalism
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 23, 2020
bobowaja:

In some sort of ways, he is right. No Nigerian musician can blow without coming to the Western Nigeria. That is why one Igbo man was busy cursing on the internet on why Igbo people allowed the West to hijack the entertainment and news media. He was so bittered about it. Our free spirits gives us good vibes while your brothers can only hate and envy us.

In no way is he right. Who invites them to play in Lagos if not same Igbos who understands his music and patronises his by bringing him over.

There is no trend like to blow in west as far as the people inviting him to play same music are those who understands what he is saying.

Will Yoruba man invite him to play when he actually may not understand what he is saying.

To every music, there is a muse and many made it in same music without moving about.

Maybe he should also tell me that some Christian musicians also blow in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 23, 2020
femi4:
New age artist not then when music was analog

Everyone reigned during their own time and this current musicians their time will also pass for others to takeover in different sections of the country.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2020
Smellymouth:
Truth is, phyno is high.

Dude really had everybody saying “Alobam” that year. With classics like Man of the year and Parcel, people Nationwide actually listened to Igbo rap and enjoyed it!

We all vibe to Igbo gospel songs by mercy chinwo, frank Edwards etc. Wtf is he even saying?

Exactly what I am saying. The nigga is not making any sense.

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 23, 2020
Fahdiga:
Those indigenes in the west are the most selfish human being I've ever seen

I beg to differ.

The truth is that Phyno is not making any sense.

Put his submission into analysis , you will notice he is not making any sense.
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 8:48am On Nov 23, 2020
agadez007:
I understand you are trying to defend your people and I don't really understand why you are using the term West instead of just saying Lagos,I care less what they play in Ibadan or Ekiti etc I am talking about lagos which is the melting point of All tribes in Nigeria,and now the unofficial music Capital of Nigeria
Not only the yorubas reside in Lagos,there are others even Owerri that isn't as diverse as lagos have a two hour programs on zanders fm where people call in speaking only Yoruba and requesting Yoruba music

Still you're not getting it.
1. why shouldn't I mention other places?
there are also non indigenes in other south west states. And When I mean the west, I'm not singling out any state, we don't discriminate here so, that's why a Yoruba man will mostly have root up to 3 - 4 SW states.

2. This isn't tribalism, but we are starting out fact, West is still the regions that appoint and select people to show their talent and skills and intellect irrespective of your tribe.
So we hate when one efulefu like phyno saying we're not accommodating enough, what else does he want us to do?
Is it not Enugu governor that asked them to go to their state during End SARS protests.
something that can never happen here.

3. Everything isn't tribalism but you guys started it.
I also remember when one efulefu igbo guy saying Yorubas has overtaken the Movie industry on instagram

4 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 23, 2020
Sammy07:

You're an illiterate sir.
Can you pls forward any of your family numbers that is living in the east to me.
let me send naira Marley song to them if they will understand.

So we shouldn't listen songs in Yoruba because of you guys?
If west isn't comfortable then go to East nah, west didn't force you to come and start your career here.
How many Hausa songs do you have on your phone?

You guys are full of envy and hate
West is the only region that don't discriminate and accept all tribes.
You can prove me wrong. We should debate on it.
Music
Education
Movies
politics
services
etc

You could as well, ask us to forget about our culture.

I think he is talking about how people accepts other music in their domain.
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Zazzzu(m): 8:53am On Nov 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:

It should have made sense if Nigeria is a homogeneous country.

More like Michael Jackson singing in English and expect Chinese who speaks mandarin to patronise him.

If MJ relocates to china, he has to work harder to penetrate the Chinese music industry or maybe in french country, you expect him to reign supreme.

There is no sense in the analysis.
well said boss

1 Like

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Smellymouth: 8:58am On Nov 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Exactly what I am saying. The nigga is not making any sense.

Sometimes I feel some of these dudes are closet bigots
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by jagorinho: 8:58am On Nov 23, 2020
Igbos!!! lol, if you are close to one, that is their average mentality, crying foul over petty issues, the greatest hypocrites in the black race, the same people forcing actors from different tribes to bury their native names just to appear in Igbo dominated Nollywood those years.

The same group that rarely give outsiders breathing space in their region, what yorubas have done for Igbos , it would take hundreds of years for Igbos to reciprocate it, yet like a condemned oliver twist they are, they always want more, this albino phyno want yorubas to discard Yoruba themed music and start shouting his igbotic lyrics, where is that done?

when phyno was at the peak of his career, we did not hear stuffs like this, but the inherent Igbo victim mentality in him got the better of him now when things are not rossy again. Lagos is not for every body, if phyno is no longer appreciated in Lagos he should move to Nsukka and start a live band.....we do not have time for adult cry babies here, we have Lagos to rebuild.

7 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by agadez007(m): 9:34am On Nov 23, 2020
Sammy07:

Still you're not getting it.
1. why shouldn't I mention other places?
there are also non indigenes in other south west states. And When I mean the west, I'm not singling out any state, we don't discriminate here so, that's why a Yoruba man will mostly have root up to 3 - 4 SW states.

2. This isn't tribalism, but we are starting out fact, West is still the regions that appoint and select people to show their talent and skills and intellect irrespective of your tribe.
So we hate when one efulefu like phyno saying we're not accommodating enough, what else does he want us to do?
Is it not Enugu governor that asked them to go to their state during End SARS protests.
something that can never happen here.

3. Everything isn't tribalism but you guys started it.
I also remember when one efulefu igbo guy saying Yorubas has overtaken the Movie industry on instagram
You dont get what am driving at
forget
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by SaffronSpice: 10:09am On Nov 23, 2020
agadez007:
I understand you are trying to defend your people and I don't really understand why you are using the term West instead of just saying Lagos,I care less what they play in Ibadan or Ekiti etc I am talking about lagos which is the melting point of All tribes in Nigeria,and now the unofficial music Capital of Nigeria
its not only the yorubas that are residing in Lagos,there are others tribes too,even Owerri that isn't as diverse as lagos have a two hour
Yoruba programme on zanders fm every
wednesday where people call in speaking only

Yoruba and requesting Yoruba music
Just 2 hours ?And only on Wednesdays?
Tsw.

Listen to Space FM Ibadan,the first trilingual
radio station in Nigeria.

They broadcast round the clock daily in Yoruba,Hausa and of course Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by bobowaja(m): 10:19am On Nov 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:

In no way is he right. Who invites them to play in Lagos if not same Igbos who understands his music and patronises his by bringing him over.

There is no trend like to blow in west as far as the people inviting him to play same music are those who understands what he is saying.

Will Yoruba man invite him to play when he actually may not understand what he is saying.

To every music, there is a muse and many made it in same music without moving about.

Maybe he should also tell me that some Christian musicians also blow in Lagos.
Try to confuse or convince Eastern singers not to come to West again na. I am sure they will curse you and call u enemy of progress. We made Paul and Peter what they are today. Even this phyno was raised up by Olamide Badoo.

And for gospel singers, they are not entertainment.... They are praise singers and they can blow anywhere Christianity functions. Even at that, they still need the West supports to be heard nationwide.
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 23, 2020
bobowaja:

Try to confuse or convince Eastern singers not to come to West again na. I am sure they will curse you and call u enemy of progress. We made Paul and Peter what they are today. Even this phyno was raised up by Olamide Badoo.

And for gospel singers, they are not entertainment.... They are praise singers and they can blow anywhere Christianity functions. Even at that, they still need the West supports to be heard nationwide.

Yawns.

No spare time for further rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by sissoko89: 11:38am On Nov 23, 2020
Psycho
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Jedalord: 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2020
ikennamadu1:
they are talking about accommodating more people... this ewedu guzzlers are talking about hate and envy... when Una go get sense ..

Bro,stop generalizing things ignorantly and respect the golden rule cos not all of you guys accommodating to our brothers like that,as I have lived and breathed the east and if they are complaining bitterly about this then they should up their game and it will surely pay

Blues skies are everywhere
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Jedalord: 5:05pm On Nov 23, 2020
Fahdiga:
My bro you should have smelt the funny aspect of my banter with him. I don't mean any harm

Oh okay, I didn't pick up on that. No lele nnwanne nwoke m
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by LegendHero(m): 3:32am On Nov 24, 2020
Nawa o!
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by totit: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2020
Philipponzaghi:
Below is the video where Phyno spoke about the hurdles the SE’ners need to face in Lagos.

He said The East and West operate like two different countries and he said if an artist is blown in the East, when he gets to Lagos, he has to start afresh as an upcoming artist because he will not be known. But if an artist is blown in the West, then he automatically gets blown all across Nigeria.

He said it’s frustrating that you have to be in the West before you can get blown across Nigeria easily and that the West should try to find a way to accommodate the Easterners such that they can get blown easily by accepting their music better.

He said any Eastern artist that get blown in Lagos deserves double respect than their counterpart that are Westerners.

Below is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIgni8n7OtI

grin grin

West side, the best side. cool
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2020
bobowaja:

In some sort of ways, he is right. No Nigerian musician can blow without coming to the Western Nigeria. That is why one Igbo man was busy cursing on the internet on why Igbo people allowed the West to hijack the entertainment and news media. He was so bittered about it. Our free spirits gives us good vibes while your brothers can only hate and envy us.
Pls who is the person?
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
Fahdiga:
Those indigenes in the west are the most selfish human being I've ever seen
But u claimed to be a Yoruba!
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Fahdiga(m): 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
gomojam:
But u claimed to be a Yoruba!
Because I'm Yoruba doesn't mean I should not talk about the bad attitude of Yorubas. I'm a very truthful person. we Yorubas are wicked and evil. we should try and emulate the good people of Igbos
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2020
Fahdiga:
Because I'm Yoruba doesn't mean I should not talk about the bad attitude of Yorubas

so Oriki Ilu e?
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Fahdiga(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
Sammy07:

so Oriki Ilu e?
Bro let's change our bad habits. it is a shame that our tribe is the most wicked in Nigeria. let's emulate our Igbo brothers
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
Fahdiga:
Bro let's change our bad habits. it is a shame that our tribe is the most wicked in Nigeria. let's emulate our Igbo brothers

Lol, I know that's why you're unable to answer my question

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goldie's Death: Police May Go After Denrele Edun / "Why I Had A Secret Wedding And How I Hurt My Mum" Uche Jumbo New Interview / SHOCKING!!! Popular Artiste Admits Having Sex With His Blood Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.