Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,339 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. (3057 Views)

Yvonne Jegede Reacts To Alibaba's Post On The Challenges Women Face In Marriages / Bobrisky Shows His Real Face In A New Video With Tonto Dikeh / Yemi Alade Bares Face In New Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Philipponzaghi: 4:15am On Nov 23, 2020
Below is the video where Phyno spoke about the hurdles the SE’ners need to face in Lagos.

He said The East and West operate like two different countries and he said if an artist is blown in the East, when he gets to Lagos, he has to start afresh as an upcoming artist because he will not be known. But if an artist is blown in the West, then he automatically gets blown all across Nigeria.

He said it’s frustrating that you have to be in the West before you can get blown across Nigeria easily and that the West should try to find a way to accommodate the Easterners such that they can get blown easily by accepting their music better.

He said any Eastern artist that get blown in Lagos deserves double respect than their counterpart that are Westerners.

Below is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIgni8n7OtI

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 4:29am On Nov 23, 2020
Blown blown blown

So Osadebe, Oliver de cooque that are even known as far as America, european countries some African countries were in Lagos

The last time I checked Osadebe doesn't live elsewhere except his town stank

Oliver cools off in his town

Morocco that just died cools off in his town

AND these men perform and sings as far as America, London during their reign and time.

Can someone tell Phyno that he is suffering.

Who patronises his music if not same easterners or do west hear his wraps all in Igbo..

Someone should give Phyno one bottle of dry gin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 4:30am On Nov 23, 2020
He's not serious I don't even understand him.

and that the West should try to find a way to accommodate the Easterners such that they can get blown easily by accepting their music better.

And what does he mean here
Don't we accommodate Easterners than the way Easterners accommodate westerners?

And we don't discriminate in west, once your music is good, you'll be accepted.

Only a Yoruba man will understand the importance of Music and Religion (all types of religion) in our lives, because it's part and parcel of our culture. We modified and reincarnate Music and Religion cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 4:31am On Nov 23, 2020
But if an artist is blown in the West, then he automatically gets blown all across Nigeria.

Population factor I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by bobowaja(m): 4:31am On Nov 23, 2020
That is why his brothers all want Lagos. If Lagos na PH, dem for don hoist flag.

They also put eyes into our politics as if any of our politicians ever ruled them.

5 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 4:37am On Nov 23, 2020
Sammy07:
He's not serious I don't even understand him.

And what does he mean here
Don't we accommodate Easterners than the way Easterners accommodate westerners?

And we don't discriminate in west, once your music is good, you'll be accepted.

@bolded, I have to agree with you. He just finished smoking thailand.

The basis of such submission is totally useless bearing in mind his wraps in Igbo and nearly those who understands him patronises and markets him aside beats which might even prompt someone who doesn't understand to enjoy the music.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 4:39am On Nov 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:

@bolded, I have to agree with you. He just finished smoking thailand.

The basis of such submission is totally useless bearing in mind his wraps in Igbo and nearly those who understands him patronises and markets him aside beats which might even prompt someone who doesn't understand to enjoy the music.

True, just like most of you Igbos can't understand Naira maley, Zlantan, Olamide songs.
But they rank in millions, they've blown self.
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by shashaperry(f): 4:47am On Nov 23, 2020
No wonder Lagos is like Obodo Oyinbo to them grin

3 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 4:47am On Nov 23, 2020
Sammy07:

True, just like most of you Igbos can't understand Naira maley, Zlantan, Olamide songs.

The whole interview is confusing. I don't understand nearly what naira marley says but beats and his introductory dance steps makes me play it likewise others not that I know exactly what he is saying but aside that his major patronises will end up been westerners.

Same pattern is applicable to Phyno, you may not understand his wraps but his beats attracts you to his music which might force you to look for lyrics and meaning of his wraps.

I repeat, he just finished smoking thailand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by bobowaja(m): 4:58am On Nov 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:

The whole interview is confusing. I don't understand nearly what naira marley says but beats and his introductory dance steps makes me play it likewise others not that I know exactly what he is saying but aside that his major patronises will end up been westerners.

Same pattern is applicable to Phyno, you may not understand his wraps but his beats attracts you to his music which might force you to look for lyrics and meaning of his wraps.

I repeat, he just finished smoking thailand.
In some sort of ways, he is right. No Nigerian musician can blow without coming to the Western Nigeria. That is why one Igbo man was busy cursing on the internet on why Igbo people allowed the West to hijack the entertainment and news media. He was so bittered about it. Our free spirits gives us good vibes while your brothers can only hate and envy us.

7 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Smellymouth: 5:11am On Nov 23, 2020
Truth is, phyno is high.

Dude really had everybody saying “Alobam” that year. With classics like Man of the year and Parcel, people Nationwide actually listened to Igbo rap and enjoyed it!

We all vibe to Igbo gospel songs by mercy chinwo, frank Edwards etc. Wtf is he even saying?

6 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by akinmusi(m): 5:16am On Nov 23, 2020
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Philipponzaghi: 5:19am On Nov 23, 2020
I don’t even know why these SE guys are always having this entitlement complex in the first place.

You are on SW turf and there is no quota system in music where people will listen to you because they want one Nigeria rubbish.

Although we have the likes of Psquare, Chidinma, Tekno, Patoranking, Kcee, and even Phyno himself that are fully blown in the West and enjoying the fame.

The only thing I see here is that Phyno is actually not happy they are not the top artists like Wiz, Davido, Olamide and etc.

That’s exactly the koko of all his talks. That’s exactly how clarion Chukwura said on BBC Yoruba live the other day too that the Yoruba actors like using Yoruba cameramen and crew all through. I was like, what should they have used? Does that also require quota system?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by hisgrace090: 5:46am On Nov 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Blown blown blown

So Osadebe, Oliver de cooque that are even known as far as America, european countries some African countries were in Lagos

AND these men perform and sings as far as America, London during their reign and time.

Who patronises his music if not same easterners or do west hear his wraps all in Igbo..

Being invited to sing in america by your town men does not equal reigning in america or elswhere.

There is sense in what he is saying.
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by illicit(m): 6:31am On Nov 23, 2020
Hmmmm they want to use style to takeover/overthrow west....
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 23, 2020
So now, Phyno is confirming that the west matters grin grin

I thought the market in the East was enough to make one blow grin

yeye pipo

2 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Fahdiga(m): 6:39am On Nov 23, 2020
Those indigenes in the west are the most selfish human being I've ever seen
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 6:43am On Nov 23, 2020
Fahdiga:
Those indigenes in the west are the most selfish human being I've ever seen

And pls, tell me how.
care to explain

1 Like

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 6:45am On Nov 23, 2020
illicit:
Hmmmm they want to use style to takeover/overthrow west....

It's not possible, because every region has what they're good at.
Just as you can't overthrown Igbos and Edos in Christian songs.

You can't overthrown the Benues in agriculture

you can't overthrown the west in Artisan, Music and religion.

4 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Fahdiga(m): 6:46am On Nov 23, 2020
Sammy07:

And pls, tell me how. care to explain
Are you one of them
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 6:47am On Nov 23, 2020
Fahdiga:
Are you one of them
Yes, I'm from the west. care to explain.
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by agadez007(m): 6:59am On Nov 23, 2020
They are already turning it to a East vs West thing,Yoruba people no dey ever tire for Tribalism
I believe some months back,Mc galaxy(From Akwa ibom) complained bitterly of the same thing even Erigga (the king of warri) too,having Lived in the West I come to realise they don't want to hear any music from any part of the nation only those ones done in Yoruba language,in Igbo land we don't discriminate against any music as we believe that music is a universal language

Back then in Igbo land,Places like Onitsha,aba and enugu were like the music mecca of those days,people came from Ghana and even Cameroon to form bands and perform in their local dialects and we loved them for them
Most people may not know that the sweet mother crooner Prince Nico mbarga is actually Cameroonian but grew up in the east
My dad still has a collection of Ghana music till today even when he dont understand anything

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 7:28am On Nov 23, 2020
agadez007:
[s] They are already turning it to a East vs West thing,Yoruba people no dey ever tire for Tribalism
I believe some months back,Mc galaxy(From Akwa ibom) complained bitterly of the same thing even Erigga (the king of warri) too,having Lived in the West I come to realise they don't want to hear any music from any part of the nation only those ones done in Yoruba language,in Igbo land we don't discriminate against any music as we believe that music is a universal language [/s]

You're an illiterate sir.
Can you pls forward any of your family numbers that is living in the east to me.
let me send naira Marley song to them if they will understand.

So we shouldn't listen songs in Yoruba because of you guys?
If west isn't comfortable then go to East nah, west didn't force you to come and start your career here.
How many Hausa songs do you have on your phone?

You guys are full of envy and hate
West is the only region that don't discriminate and accept all tribes.
You can prove me wrong. We should debate on it.
Music
Education
Movies
politics
services
etc

You could as well, ask us to forget about our culture.

14 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by femi4: 7:46am On Nov 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Blown blown blown

New age artist not then when music was analog
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Fahdiga(m): 7:46am On Nov 23, 2020
Sammy07:

Yes, I'm from the west.
care to explain.
Don't worry I will soon expose all your bigotry for the world to see
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 7:54am On Nov 23, 2020
Fahdiga:

Lol, try to mention me whenever you do and remember to tell me your state.

1 Like

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Jedalord: 7:54am On Nov 23, 2020
Fahdiga:

My brother how is he a bigot? Simple question he asked for a discussion on a subject matter and you are turning it into an toxic argument,haba that too bad of you sir

3 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by agadez007(m): 7:57am On Nov 23, 2020
Sammy07:

You're an illiterate sir.
Can you pls forward any of your family numbers that is living in the east to me.
let me send naira Marley song to them if they will understand.

So we shouldn't listen songs in Yoruba because of you guys?
If west isn't comfortable then go to East nah, west didn't force you to come and start your career here.
How many Hausa songs do you have on your phone?

You guys are full of envy and hate
West is the only region that don't discriminate and accept all tribes.
You can prove me wrong. We should debate on it.
Music
Education
Movies
politics
services
etc

You could as well, ask us to forget about our culture.
CAPITAL M U M U
you don't even get what I was saying but you just jumped on my mention to get cheap likes
Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Kiddogarcia(m): 8:07am On Nov 23, 2020
When you are really good,people will listen.erigga is good no lie,but you want to compare his style to the likes of vector, mi abaga,olamide to an extent,erigga style is more suited to fellow Easterners, omah lay no blow,Peruzzi no blow,phyno sef no blow, abegii na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement

1 Like

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by richiemcgold: 8:09am On Nov 23, 2020
the west has come a long way in music industry; other regions can only play a catch up. We should not forget that the current artists in the west are doing well because of the good foundations already laid for them by the likes of fela, sunny Ade, ayinde barrister, shina peters and so many others.

4 Likes

Re: Phyno Talks About The Hurdles The East Musicians Face In The West. by Sammy07: 8:13am On Nov 23, 2020
agadez007:
They are already turning it to a East vs West thing,Yoruba people no dey [quote author=agadez007 post=96341548]CAPITAL M U M U
you don't even get what I was saying but you just jumped on my mention to get cheap likes

Here is nairaland where there is freedom of speech, I can decide to quote you if I wish.
BTW, will likes increase my account balance

anyways, I quote you because your statement is incoherent.
agadez007:
They are already turning it to a East vs West thing,Yoruba people no dey ever tire for Tribalism
I believe some months back,Mc galaxy(From Akwa ibom) complained bitterly of the same thing even Erigga (the king of warri) too,having Lived in the West I come to realise they don't want to hear any music from any part of the nation only those ones done in Yoruba language,in Igbo land we don't discriminate against any music as we believe that music is a universal language

Back then in Igbo land,Places like Onitsha,aba and enugu were like the music mecca of those days,people came from Ghana and even Cameroon to form bands and perform in their local dialects and we loved them for them
Most people may not know that the sweet mother crooner Prince Nico mbarga is actually Cameroonian but grew up in the east
My dad still has a collection of Ghana music till today even when he dont understand anything

Is this not the rubbish you split out?
And pls, what are you trying to say? you splits nonsense that we don't want to here any other music apart from Yoruba music.
And plz, Psquare, phyno, chindima, tekno

Are they singing in Yoruba? how come they blow in South west?

You make a nonsense statement that you guys don't discriminate in music. and I ask, do you have Hausa music on your phone?
or how many of your relatives living in the east understand Yoruba talkless of listening to the likes of naira Marley.

The truth is, if naira Marley, Olamide, Zlantan that do sing purely in Yoruba could blow in South west and Phyno and the likes can't blow in the East, it means the West is where the market is.

Always put on your thinking cap, when typing on the cyberspace

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nengi Gives Ozo N4million Valentine's Day Gift(video) / Photos: Brandy Shows Hot Bikini Body + Engagement Ring / Not Again!! Fans Slam Beyonce For Photoshopping Her Thigh (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.