Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,241 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Chronicles Of A Young Dad. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chronicles Of A Young Dad. (329 Views)

My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad / Young Dad Traumatised After Being Randomly Stabbed In South London / 'The Reason I Grind Hard- Young Dad Shows Off His 10 Kids As They Steps Out(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chronicles Of A Young Dad. by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 23, 2020
Exactly 61 hours ago, my friend's son ran to me out of no where and planted a kiss on my right cheek. He ran away to be with other kids, playing as if nothing happened.

I was dazed for a moment. The first thing that flashed through my heart was the movie "Irishman". I know the amount of time Russel Bufalino spent in courting Peggy's attention in that movie but it never worked. Oldman was without kids and this girl could practically read him and her dad like a book.

Peggy was rather in love with the Jimmy Hoffa. The loud mouthed but fearless Jimmy. I immediatelyy recalled that Peggy, relying on her abilities to ead her father and his new found friend, like a book, disappeared from their lives the day she learnt of Jimmy's death. Of course she knew the father was the painter that painted that particular house.

As a parent, it is my suggestion that you learn to engage and hold conversations with your kids. If you don't, they will hold that conversation with another, and you will never know exactly what was discussed. I sat for a moment to wonder what kind of father am I?

The shouts of happy birthday, immediately summoned me to planet earth, where upon, I discovered I was in the middle of a young teenager's birthday party. Nor be the party I come before? Silly me cheesy

I recently became a dad to a beautiful princess. I still recall that feelings, I had, when I laid my eyes on her for the very first time. One word, " indiscribable".

Now, another kissed me the cheek. And I had beautiful butterflies in this big tummy of mine , that is like a barrel of brewery, and I won't lie about it. grin

Kids know everything, they are very very observant. Don't treat them wrongly. Don't make them feel bad. They like attention and ofcourse, they deserve it.

Did I tell you that as man, your wife is your first daughter? So, you just have to manage her and her bad habits. Same goes for the wife.

Na 50/50 job. Just fem, I nor wan hear pim!

Any which way sha! I still have those beautiful butterflies in my tummy and I can't help but wonder what Providence has in stock for me as a father.

What kinda parent are you? A listening parent or a know it all bully?

Most of us are "dictator general" in our homes, but we self dey join blame Buhari. Well! What do I know self?

When next we talk, we might look at the problem of miscommunication in marriages and the damages it has caused.

Shalom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicles Of A Young Dad. by Nobody: 5:52am On Dec 03, 2020
Finally, I have completed my course in marriage counselling. I read quite some books and listened to a whole load of tapes from persons who have been married for no less than 30years.

I am happy that this journey that started a few years ago with sitting with elders and listening to their wisdom, finally yielded some shred of fruition.

God used me to reconcile a family that was heading to divorce. Guess what was the major problem? Miscommunication and accumulated resentment, which emanated from lack of forgiveness, unmet expectation.

I will take time to write on my discoveries later on , if there is time. I am happy they reconciled and are playing with their selves again. They told another young family about it and I am still working with them on how to fix the marriage.

That should count for something on a positive side. I still recall those days all I had in my head was to send my wife packing. But right now, she is the best gift God has ever giving to me, aside my daughter, siblings and parents. She is my better half.

Marriage is sweet but sometimes bitter if we lack understanding.

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Young Dad. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
What will make you change the way and manner you treat your partner?

Sitting with my bottle of cold whiskyed yoghurt, by this sea shore, present but yet lost in thoughts, I can't help but wonder.

Sometimes, I still wonder if the reason for love lost , and none found, is the simply the disease of unmet expectations, or the desease of miscommunication?

Which do you think is the bigger cancer killing marriages?

Do you believe in Ayi Kwe Arman's position that the beautyful ones are not yet born?

Let's talk.

(1) (Reply)

Look At The Fish I Fried / Advice Needed Urgent / Help My Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.