Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye (21907 Views)

Check Out Oge Okoye's Sporty New Look As She Step Out In Cavalli, Gucci & Prada / [PHOTOS] 5 Celebrities Whose Twin Kids Will Make You Green With Envy / Cossy Orjiakor — No Breastfeeding For My Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by aieromon(m): 10:35pm On Mar 20, 2011
I appreciate the foundation you're laying for your kids,Oge.Keep it up!!!
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by barika2011(m): 10:47pm On Mar 20, 2011
i really dont like dat lady,i dont even watch any movie she is on, she is a graduate of my uni( NAU,Awka),she is d kind of person who looks down on people she knew b4 in school or odawise, if her kids her british citizens wat is our business, naija is beautiful, i love dis country no mata how tins are at d moment, she is british she should go there and work,probably they wud give her a big role in their on movie grin grin grin, she cum naija dey form britico, mssshhhhswwww tongue tongue tongue
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by eghost247(m): 10:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
barika2011:

i really dont like dat lady,i dont even watch any movie she is on, she is a graduate of my uni( NAU,Awka),she is d kind of person who looks down on people she knew b4 in school or odawise, if her kids her british citizens wat is our business, naija is beautiful, i love dis country no mata how tins are at d moment, she is british she should go there and work,probably they wud give her a big role in their on movie grin grin grin, she come naija dey form britico, mssshhhhswwww tongue tongue tongue
if u hate her so much she wouldn't be worth the time u used in posting this
i believe everyone is entitled to his or her choice
and im sure if u had the chance u would do it too so take a chill pill
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Outstrip(f): 11:13pm On Mar 20, 2011
Comprehension is key. I don't think anybody here has said she is a devil for having children in the UK. The first time I ever read any thing about her was about 2 years ago and she talked about how she was a british citizen so all her kids must be born there. I read another one again and it was the same story. This is the third interview were she is talking about once again being born in the UK. For her it is a status thing which to most people is silly. No one is saying that she should not have her kids in the UK. As a matter of fact the people who are saying that people are hating on her are probably in the same boat as she because you obviously feel that she has "arrived" simply because she got in a plane and landed in a foreign land.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Outstrip(f): 11:17pm On Mar 20, 2011
The sultry actress, Oge Okoye who is married to the international bizman, Stanley Duru has just put to bed. The leggy queen of screen, Oge was delivered of a bundle of joy at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, London. She left the country shortly after she was few months gone and may be returning back to the country with ‘Bigie Bigie Bouncing Baby’ by the time you finish reading this. She exclusively had a telephone conversation with ALONGE MICHAEL last where she talked about her joyful moments, motherhood and other issues. Excerpts

WHY HAVE YOU CHOSEN LONDON TO DELIVER YOUR BABY?
I feel more at ease in London than any other country. Don’t forget that I was born here too.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

HOW DO YOU FEEL NOW THAT YOU’RE BLESSED WITH A BOY AND A GIRL?
I am so happy and thankful to almighty God for making me a complete woman. You know, the joy of every mother is to have a baby boy and a baby girl. Though, some parents love to attach importance to a particular gender, in our own case, we first had a boy and now a girl, we wouldn’t have wished for more. I feel great.

HOW DO YOU INTEND TO COPE WITH THE PRESSURE OF RAISING TWO KIDS CONSIDERING YOUR CAREER AS AN ACTRESS?
That’s not an issue at all. When I had my first baby, I got a lot of help from my mum and my domestic staff too.
http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/8775/5/exclusive-nollywood-diva-oge-okoye-talks-about-mot.html

LOL. This was from August of last year. I just realized something also. Sometimes Nigerian journalist might copy and paste stuff because I swear this one sounds like other ones that I have read. Maybe just maybe they are the ones making it sound like a big deal and not Oge Okoye
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 20, 2011
she's probably just nostalgic about britain.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by obailala(m): 12:35am On Mar 21, 2011
Most people here on this thread have just displayed the typical kind of mindset most Nigerians have for others, HATRED and JEALOUSY!! What is wrong if someone who has the means wishes to give birth abroad? It is this idle-mind-jealous attitude that make people (especially in the villages) try to poison or use juju on relatives and friends whom they think are progressing.

Most people here try to conceal their malice by accusing her of shouting about it. Did she come out plainly on tv and announce this to the world or didn't she mention it simply because she was specifically asked by the interviewer?

Who is doing the shouting? she or the journalist? Besides just like someone here confirmed, this is an old interview that was dug up from the archives and I wonder why it should be on the front page. Haters should hit their head on the wall if they don't like her. Rubbish!
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by eghost247(m): 12:41am On Mar 21, 2011
obailala:

Most people here on this thread have just displayed the typical kind of mindset most Nigerians have for others, HATRED and JEALOUSY!! What is wrong if someone who has the means wishes to give birth abroad? It is this idle-mind-jealous attitude that make people (especially in the villages) try to poison or use juju on relatives and friends whom they think are progressing.

Most people here try to conceal their malice by accusing her of shouting about it. Did she come out planely on tv and announce this to the world or didn't she mention it simply because she was specifically asked by the interviewer?

Who is doing the shouting? she or the journalist? Besides just like someone here confirmed, this is an old interview that was dug up from the archives and I wonder why it should be on the front page. Haters should hit their head on the wall if they don't like her. Rubbish! Don't take it personal
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by bashr4: 12:47am On Mar 21, 2011
obailala:

Most people here try to conceal their malice by accusing her of shouting about it. Did she come out planely on tv and announce this to the world or didn't she mention it simply because she was specifically asked by the interviewer?

Who is doing the shouting? she or the journalist? Besides just like someone here confirmed, this is an old interview that was dug up from the archives and I wonder why it should be on the front page. Haters should hit their head on the wall if they don't like her. Rubbish!

spot on , bad belle full naija , a lot of people with PHD(pull him/her down). as if its their buisness. i wonder who even put this on the front page
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by donu: 4:11am On Mar 21, 2011
Babe, u re blessed. i know in every child birth a man must be involved, how is the Father of ur kids, u never mentioned. Goodluck
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by waterworks(f): 5:31am On Mar 21, 2011
why una dey beef the woman. She nor talk say naija nor be better place. The thing be say that green passport dey cause hiccups for airport aha ah talk true!
ah ah i am proud to be nigerian oh but lets not pretend there are no benefits of getting foreign passports. Obtaining visa with green passport na waya! not to talk of the fact that with british passport ther are tons of places you dont need a visa to get into!
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by waterworks(f): 5:35am On Mar 21, 2011
people should be realistic ah ah. Talk of faith in your country did many peoples parents and grandparents not leave lives built abroad to go back to nigeria in the 60's? PEAOPLE TRADED RED PASSPORT FOR GREEN PASSPORT what the hell are we talking about here? that is what they call faith. Who in this day and age will trade in thier british passport for naija passport?

im sure half of the people here will jump at the opportunity Oge is given her children.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by poweredcom(m): 6:30am On Mar 21, 2011
Who cares, hisss all of them have low self esteem jare, whetehr u born ur pikin for naija or Uk, pikin wey go well go well, pikin wey go spoil go spoil, hisss ttssww
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 21, 2011
Even if my children are born nigerians, at the right time I'll make them british citizens. You dont know what it means to carry the green passport until the unnecessary embarrassments start surfacing
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by jaybee3(m): 9:01am On Mar 21, 2011
Bloody Arrow doesn't even pay towards the free NHS service she is enjoyin.
I really need to start weeding them out
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 21, 2011
jay bee:

Please enlighten me
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by eghost247(m): 9:15am On Mar 21, 2011
blink182:

Please enlighten me
YEAH
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by luciano80(m): 10:00am On Mar 21, 2011
honestly, wen i open nairaland, i expect to see good lines and stories, not not garbage like this. who is responsible for this crap making the front page eh ADMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by maclatunji: 10:01am On Mar 21, 2011
Anybody who shouts about where they are born and not what they can offer the world is empty. End of story. Of course if you go about telling a journalist you were born in Britain too, you know he is going to publish. So do not come here and tell me she was just speaking.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 21, 2011
luciano80:

honestly, wen i open nairaland, i expect to see good lines and stories, not not garbage like this. who is responsible for this crap making the front page eh ADMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by FabulousE1: 10:14am On Mar 21, 2011
SO FAKE ! For Our Naija Actress; I dont think its all that Automatic.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by eghost247(m): 10:27am On Mar 21, 2011
Fabulous E:

SO FAKE ! For Our Naija Actress; I dont think its all that Automatic.
?um could u enlighten us on how she is fake?
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by ifyalways(f): 10:27am On Mar 21, 2011
IMO,Nothing wrong in what she did,most of us have done and wud continue to do same. . .and more/worse.  cheesy
Why the stress on that line,Is that the only thing she said?
Is she having problems with the husband,no mention of him at all  undecided Im not her fan anyway,as an actress,she sucks!!!
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Tsun(f): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2011
Why is repeating I was born in the UK, she has said it before.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 21, 2011
I smelllllllll . . . .
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by ceasyc(f): 11:53am On Mar 21, 2011
jay bee:

eh eh eh OI OI OI ye ye ye
DAT NA TRUE TALK OH
i 4got to put her enjoying d free NHS thingy in my post

i dey here dey work my arse off day n night, in d cold rain sun etc paying tax to enjoy free NHS. hissessssssssssssssssssssssss

I NO JEALOUS OR BEEF THE SNOB (OGE) OH. JUST STATING D FACTS

I DONT WISH TO B ANYONE ELSE BUT ME = I AM SO BLESSED - STILL JESUS IS LORD

free site = free speech/words, IMO, etc
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2011
ceasyc:

eh eh eh OI OI OI ye ye ye
DAT NA TRUE TALK OH
i 4got to put her enjoying d free NHS thingy in my post

i dey here dey work my arse off day n night, in d cold rain sun etc paying tax to enjoy free NHS. hissessssssssssssssssssssssss

I NO JEALOUS OR BEEF THE SNOB (OGE) OH. JUST STATING D FACTS

I DONT WISH TO B ANYONE ELSE BUT ME = I AM SO BLESSED - STILL JESUS IS LORD

free site = free speech/words, IMO, etc

Pls, Explain wht the stuff is. Is it that she gets paid while she's not working in the country but is entitled to it based on the fact that she is a citizen undecided
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Damysa(f): 12:49pm On Mar 21, 2011
Plenty Bad belle people full here sha!!!!!!!!
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Cougar2: 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2011
blink182:

Pls, Explain wht the stuff is. Is it that she gets paid while she's not working in the country but is entitled to it based on the fact that she is a citizen undecided

it simply means she's enjoying the benefits of free health care system without paying any tax towards it. she is in nigeria where she gets paid without taxes and yet she will come down here to have her kids free of charge. in other words, she's living off the taxes of jaybee and ceasyc!
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by jaybee3(m): 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2011
funny thing is I'm actually supposed to embark on a project at work whereby foreigners that fleeces the NHS are identified and made to pay money owed whenever they return back to the UK.
I might as well start with her.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by Cougar2: 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2011
jay bee:

funny thing is I'm actually supposed to embark on a project at work whereby foreigners that fleeces the NHS are identified and made to pay money owed whenever they return back to the UK.
I might as well start with her.

don't start with her. she's a fan of nairaland. i heard she's been talking about nairaland in one of her latest movies. it seems being a nairaland member is another level in nigeria. if she's british, i don't see any reason why she needs to have her children in the uk. she can have them anywhere and her kids will still be an automatic citizen of the united kingdom. i am guessing she just want to have them here because of the quality of the health care system unlike nigeria where the birth rate is a bit dodgy.
Re: ''My Kids Will All Have British Citizenship'' –Oge Okoye by obailala(m): 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2011
*Cougar*:

it simply means she's enjoying the benefits of free health care system without paying any tax towards it. she is in nigeria where she gets paid without taxes and yet she will come down here to have her kids free of charge. in other words, she's living off the taxes of jaybee and ceasyc!

@ceasyc and jay bee

[size=17pt]Cheiii!!!![/size] This is the height of Bad belle and jealosy. Wetin concern u if she dey enjoy free healthcare? . . Because u are being taxed heavily so u want everybody to suffer the same fate with u?
  Which kain bad belle all these not-doing-well Nigerians in diaspora get sef?

With the way these useless british people are fleecing me with taxes here, i would be very very happy if more of my fellow Nigerians can come here and enjoy the awoof. . .Haterz!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bisola Appreciates BBNaija, One Year After / Ngozi Ezeonu Celebrates Her 53rd Birthday With Lovely Pictures / Nigerians React To Stephanie Coker's Husband' Infidelity Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.