Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Is The Price Of Cars Likely Drop By January/february 2021 Due To Tax Reduction? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is The Price Of Cars Likely Drop By January/february 2021 Due To Tax Reduction? (1268 Views)

List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy / LASG To Start "No Inspection, No Roadworthiness Certificate" Policy By January / Bad Roads Made Sales At Nigeria's Largest Auto Market To Drop By 92% (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Price Of Cars Likely Drop By January/february 2021 Due To Tax Reduction? by Saao(m): 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hello Nairalander

I guess we are all aware that one of the key government policy in the automotive industry is tax reduction on used and new cars. According to the plan, the used car importation will be taxed 5% instead of the current 35%. New cars will be taxed 35% instead of the current 70%. So my question is that, Will the above reductions would likely reduce the cost of cars say from January and February?
Re: Is The Price Of Cars Likely Drop By January/february 2021 Due To Tax Reduction? by EngrXrix(m): 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2020
Bros nothing drops in Nigeria even if govt crashes levies to 1%

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Price Of Cars Likely Drop By January/february 2021 Due To Tax Reduction? by prince4pro2: 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2020
Is likely to crash. Since is mostly for commercial vehicles
Re: Is The Price Of Cars Likely Drop By January/february 2021 Due To Tax Reduction? by Saao(m): 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
EngrXrix:
Bros nothing drops in Nigeria even if govt crashes levies to 1%
not all the time, I think the positive effect should be felt in term of price reduction in automotive industry.

1 Like

Re: Is The Price Of Cars Likely Drop By January/february 2021 Due To Tax Reduction? by Praxtech: 11:37pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nope. Whatever gains has been wiped out by the astronomical exchange rate
Re: Is The Price Of Cars Likely Drop By January/february 2021 Due To Tax Reduction? by sultaan(m): 2:01am On Nov 24, 2020
Import duty is 35% of shipping , insurance car value
Tariff/ levy aaa[sup][/sup]which is another tax is 35%
And sales tax is 7.5% of both taxes
I don't know if they have stopped national automotive council 2% tax.

Because of all these taxes an average Nigerian pays more than twice the value of a cars when compared to an American.
How can you get ahead as a transporter if you just paid double for the price of a vehicles, run it on the bass roads and collect naira as revenue.

When we stopped seeing those Marco polo on the roads that was when we got into trouble.
A government changing policy after seeing everything fail does not me it is aimed at Innoson, the whole of Nigeria is at stake
Re: Is The Price Of Cars Likely Drop By January/february 2021 Due To Tax Reduction? by Trustme2(m): 10:20am On Nov 24, 2020
Saao:
Hello Nairalander

I guess we are all aware that one of the key government policy in the automotive industry is tax reduction on used and new cars. According to the plan, the used car importation will be taxed 5% instead of the current 35%. New cars will be taxed 35% instead of the current 70%. So my question is that, Will the above reductions would likely reduce the cost of cars say from January and February?
Dollars as at today is N484/$. Even if there'll be decrease, it's majorly for public transportation vehicles

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Best TRUCK For Farm To Get With N1.5m / Renault Scenic 2003 Needed / Are Cars Really Going To Be On Air Soon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.