Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery (162 Views)

Osinbajo's Aide Blows Hot, Proofs That VP Led Prayer Session For Buhari Death / Osinbajo’s Aide Relocated Out Of Presidential Villa / Osinbajo's Aide Speaks After Helicopter Makes Emergency Landing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery by murecool(m): 2:59pm On Nov 23, 2020
Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, says the Nigerian economy is on its path to recovery.

Laolu Akande said this while reacting to the report released by the National Bureau of Statistics which showed that Africa’s biggest economy entered a second recession in five years.

The NBS, in its report for the third quarter of 2020 released on Saturday, said the GDP, the broadest measure of economic prosperity, fell by 3.62 per cent in the three months up till September.

In his reaction, Akande said, “Let me say very clearly that if you look at the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) figures themselves, there is a clear indication of restoration. For instance, in Q2, the contraction was -6.1 but in Q3 which figures were just released, the contraction is -3. So, clearly, the Nigerian economy is on a rebound.

“To the question of when we will get out of this situation, the figures bear the truth that the Nigerian economy is on its way to recovery. This is going to be mainly because of the Economic Sustainability Plan that the President had put in place and asked the Vice-President to share its development and implementation.

“The economy is rebounding and this is mainly because of the preemptive action that the Buhari administration had taken even before now to ensure that the situation doesn’t get worse. We have the confidence that the Nigerian economy will bounce back very promptly.”

https://aledeh.com/2020/11/recession-osinbajos-aide-optimistic-about-recovery/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
Osinbajo is a con-artist
Re: Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery by Wada3: 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2020
I watched Mr. Laolu Akande on Channel Television yesterday. Honestly, he made my day with very cogent evidences of the ongoing building of infrastructures in the country
Re: Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery by murecool(m): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Osinbajo is a con-artist
and your father?
Re: Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery by Fahdiga(m): 4:45pm On Nov 23, 2020
Not with the current leadership in place. no one takes you guys serious
Re: Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery by TheRareGem1(f): 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nigeria will bounce back from this economic woo couple with the fact that we have the economic sustainability plan that will improve the economy especially in the non oil sectors. The NESP's focus is basically on; agricultural, ICT, housing, road, human capital empowerment, etc
Re: Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2020
It's time people understand why our economy enter recession because it's not everything we will be blaming our government for. Covid_19 pandemic affected the world economy not only Nigeria and these government has been fighting hard through some beautiful schemes like MSME survival funds and others so we can recover quickly. I think we should support them and have patient with them. Nigeria shall prevail
Re: Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery by Rootprof(m): 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
Please I beg I need Airtel card..

0902 613 3206

God bless you.
Re: Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery by okefranci: 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2020
Soonest we will back to normal and a recession will be a thing of past
Re: Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery by Smileall(m): 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2020
I'm also optimistic that we would bounce back
Re: Recession: Osinbajo’s Aide Optimistic About Recovery by Zeesugar(f): 7:01am On Nov 24, 2020
With the programs on ground it is just a matter of time

(1) (Reply)

Controversy As Obiozor Emerges New Igbo Leader / Perjury:Court Sentences Victor Mela To One-month Imprisonment / Students Honour Ogun Council Chair, Shomide, With Political Icon Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.