Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:59 AM

Need Your Advice On This Please - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Your Advice On This Please (231 Views)

Web Developers and Software Engineers, I Need Your Advice. / Please I Need Your Advice / Good PC Spec For Programming And Design: Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Your Advice On This Please by Richarlison640(m): 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2020
hello fellers am trying to design an ATM software for the blind it is going to be in form of a website to make it possible for blind people use it is going to be through spoken instructions let say for example it says welcome nairaland bank to withdraw press 1 to check balance press 2 for transfer press 3, to cut it all short it give voiced instruction to the user i have succeeded in build the user interface were I need help to to make it speak to customers for the interface I used HTML,CSS and php i seruously need your help guys this means a lot to me. thank
Re: Need Your Advice On This Please by Karleb(m): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2020
What help do you need exactly?

You might want to look into Accessibility (a11y).

If you are building anything for the blind, there are some attributes needed to be in your html codes for the screen reader to read aloud. This is the basics of accessibility.

As per the audio thing, you can record some audio yourself and put them in strategic places in your site where they are automatically or manually played after the occurrence of an event.

Events such as page load, button click, etc.

If you do your a11y well, you might not need to depend so much on audio.
Re: Need Your Advice On This Please by Jas80: 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2020
you can use JavaScript SpeechSynthesisUtterance() to handle the speech part of it
Re: Need Your Advice On This Please by Richarlison640(m): 8:44pm On Nov 23, 2020
[quote author=Jas80 post=96364146]you can use JavaScript SpeechSynthesisUtterance() to handle the speech part of it[/quote)'please enlighten me the more this could be the solution to my problem if u don't this is my watsapp no (09033064999) thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Humans Can Fly. / Can U Explain These? / Convert Your Airtime To Cash Supports All Nigeria Networks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.