Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out (682 Views)

University of Ibadan 2019/2020 Admission Thread / JAMB Economics Questions And Answers For 2019/2020 Admission Exercise / UI 2019/2020 Admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by gds4real: 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2020
According to the minister of education, candidates who participated in the exam can now check their admission status via the ministry of education platform.
I just checked for my daughter.

Congratulations to the admitted students.
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by adeloly(f): 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2020
Please how do i check my son admission status

many thanks
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by gds4real: 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
adeloly:
Please how do i check my son admission status

many thanks
Go to federal ministry of education site.
https://fmeposting.com.ng
Supply his exam no(same as reg no). The year 2020 is already written there.

Best of luck.
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by adeloly(f): 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
Thank you i have just check now saying admission is pending

my boy got 165 and picked Kings College for both first and second choice

Please what does it mean by admission is pending

can he be given admission in KC with the score

Many thanks
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by gds4real: 5:17am On Nov 24, 2020
adeloly:

Many thanks
First thing is to contact the school to know their merit cut off. If it is higher than 165 then your son may be given admission in another school.
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by giftygirl1(f): 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2020
Thanks so much. I checked and they said that I should print and proceed for documentation. But they didn't put the school she was admitted to. I put FGC ENUGU 1ST CHOICE and FGC OKIGWE 2nd choice. Dunno where she's admitted to

Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by adeloly(f): 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2020
somebody should please help us with information my son admission status showing YOUR ADMISSION IS PENDING

Please i dont understand what they mean with this narration
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by NL1960: 10:02am On Nov 25, 2020
adeloly:

Many thanks

KC is a very competitive Unity school.

Unity schools admission is based on 60% merit, 30% for quota and 10% for others. It used to be minimum of four candidates per state in every Unity school. This means that if your state of origin already has four candidates that entered through merit, that state will no longer enjoy from the 30% quota. For example, if the 4th candidate from your state of origin that put in KC got 166, it means your child has missed the merit cut-off for your state in KC but since the child met the nationwide cut-off, it will be pended and will likely to be sent to another Unity school where the number from your state of origin is not yet upto to four or if any of the merit candidate from your state rejected the admission.

It would have been better if your second choice was FGC Ijanikin or FGC Odogbolu. The only way to have a chance if you choose KC as both first and second choices is if your state is one of the Educationally Less Disadvantaged States (ELDS). I doubt KC as second choice works as the competition is high.
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by NL1960: 10:09am On Nov 25, 2020
NL1960:

Unity schools admission is based on 60% merit, 30% for quota and 10% for others. It used to be minimum of four candidates per state in every Unity school. This means that if your state of origin already has four candidates that entered through merit, that state will no longer enjoy from the 30% quota. For example, if the 4th candidate from your state of origin that put in KC got 166, it means your child has missed the merit cut-off for your state in KC but since the child met the nationwide cut-off, it will be pended and will likely to be sent to another Unity school where the number from your state of origin is not yet upto to four or if any of the merit candidate from your state rejected the admission.

It would have been better if your second choice was FGC Ijanikin or FGC Odogbolu. The only way to have a chance if you choose KC as both first and second choices is if your state is one of the Educationally Less Disadvantaged States (ELDS). I doubt KC as second choice works as the competition is high.

adeloly:
somebody should please help us with information my son admission status showing YOUR ADMISSION IS PENDING

Please i dont understand what they mean with this narration

Apply this response i posted to that of your son.
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by celeiyke: 10:19am On Nov 25, 2020
NL1960:

wow. Na wa oo. I will rather forfeit the admission than go to the core north
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by NL1960: 10:38am On Nov 25, 2020
celeiyke:

wow. Na wa oo. I will rather forfeit the admission than go to the core north

The insecurity in the country is now a big issue. The Unity school i attended is in the present day South South. In my set, i have classmates from Sokoto, Kano, Kaduna, Bornu and every state in the country. The purpose for which the Unity schools were setup was to bring people from all over Nigeria together. Most people do not understand this and that is why you see them always making noise about cut-off marks.
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by gds4real: 10:54am On Nov 25, 2020
giftygirl1:
Thanks so much. I checked and they said that I should print and proceed for documentation. But they didn't put the school she was admitted to. I put FGC ENUGU 1ST CHOICE and FGC OKIGWE 2nd choice. Dunno where she's admitted to
U can check again
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by celeiyke: 11:11am On Nov 25, 2020
NL1960:

The insecurity in the country is now a big issue. The Unity school i attended is in the present day South South. In my set, i have classmates from Sokoto, Kano, Kaduna, Bornu and every state in the country. The purpose for which the Unity schools were setup was to bring people from all over Nigeria together. Most people do not understand this and that is why you see them always making noise about cut-off marks.

Do you think Unity Schools, NYSC has achieved the much desired unity? All those policies are meant to massage ego of some persons and place advantage on some sections. Nigeria should scrap all these things and let everything be on merit
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by NL1960: 11:24am On Nov 25, 2020
celeiyke:

Do you think Unity Schools, NYSC has achieved the much desired unity? All those policies are meant to massage ego of some persons and place advantage on some sections. Nigeria should scrap all these things and let everything be on merit

At the beginning, it achieved but it does not now because of the insecurity in the country. It was NYSC that first took me to the North for the first time in my life. Several of my classmates did NYSC in the North but none of them wants to try that now.

In my class whatsapp forum, we self regulate what we say when we are discussing about Nigeria because we are very well aware that we have at least an individual from virtually every state in the country. Tribalism and ethnicity does not come into our discussion.

These days because of insecurity in the country, the purpose of that unity in the Unity schools has been lost because no reasonable parent sends his/her child to a far away Unity school now in the name of unity.
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by celeiyke: 11:29am On Nov 25, 2020
NL1960:

At the beginning, it achieved but it does not now because of the insecurity in the country. It was NYSC that first took me to the North for the first time in my life. Several of my classmates did NYSC in the North but none of them wants to try that now.

In my class whatsapp forum, we self regulate what we say when we are discussing about Nigeria because we are very well aware that we have at least an individual from virtually every state in the country. Tribalism and ethnicity does not come into our discussion.

These days because of insecurity in the country, the purpose of that unity in the Unity schools has been lost because no reasonable parent sends his/her child to a far away Unity school now in the name of unity.

God bless you.
Re: National Common Entrance 2020 Admission List Is Out by BANTADDA(f): 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2020
Does anyone have an idea when the admission list will be posted in various schools or when one can pick admission letter? I.e fgc odogbolu.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Applications Are Open For The NSP Class Of 2021-2022! / Study Masters Program In Australia / Transcript Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.