Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North (22473 Views)

Lai Mohammed: PDP Will Loot Treasury Dry If Given Access To Power Again / Tambuwal: APC Planning To Make Ahmad Lawan, Its Presidential Candidate / Junaid Mohammed: South Should Forget 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by PHijo(m): 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2020
Slurity:
You need to learn and understand politics.

No, you and the rest of the South West should!
You can't undermine "Southern solidarity" when others are in office and call for it when you need it.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by Amumaigwe: 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
Naajjii:
Very good, let APC zone it to IGBO and see how it will lose to PDP. Nobody can force northeners to vote for an Igbo man, you have to come out and work hard and earn the trust of Nigerians.Not by threatening that this is the turn of Igbo ,this and that.

Vote another cattle rearer and continue your suffering na. Unfortunately for you, Igbo man will be the last to be affected by bad governance.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by authority2006(m): 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:

So who has earn it in the north and west?

At least, not in APC for igbos. Even if the presidential ticket is given to the SE by APC, I'm not even sure that they will vote for that party. They hate APC so much right from its inception
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by authority2006(m): 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2020
PHijo:

No, you and the rest of the South West should!
You can't undermine "Southern solidarity" when others are in office and call for it when you need it.

What solidarity is that and in which party that solidarity is coming from? You have never had stake in APC, you must be talking about PDP
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by PHijo(m): 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
authority2006:

What solidarity is that and in which party that solidarity is coming from? You have never had stake in APC, you must be talking about PDP

How is the party important? What makes you think APC will win?
What makes you think PDP and APC will exist in 2023?

What makes you feel the South West would get APC's ticket when you have the South East and North West in contention?

Well, the main proponent of "Southern solidarity " was Tinubu, he called for that when his kinsman, Olusegun Obasanjo was in office.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by LegendHero(m): 1:54pm On Nov 24, 2020
PHijo:

Illusion!
Do you think Osibanjo is that popular in the SE/SS?
He has offended the masses in those areas.

Have you thought of him contesting against a Northerner?

What stops the SE/SS from doing what the SW did to the SS in 2015 to the SW in 2023?

Are you well aware that the only time the core North did not vote for a Muslim Northerner was in 1999?

Do you know Buhari got over 30-35% of the vote in the SS in 2019?

Are you telling me Osinbajo as a Christian will get less than that in 2023? Which of the masses did Osinbajo offended in the SS? I don’t want to speak about the SE coz they are inconsequential.

Osinbajo will win the NC easily because we have Kogi and Kwara there and some Christian dominated states that will be willing to vote for an Osinbajo.

Osinbajo will clear 85-90% of the SW if he is on the ballot.

Osinbajo is not hated in the North and a figure like Buhari won’t be re-contesting. Osinbajo is also a Yoruba who naturally under the current political climate don’t have any problem with the North. Moreso, the North understood a SW Christian is as harmless in terms of religious intolerance like their Muslim counterpart so the religious divide won’t play much in this game.

The vice of Osinbajo will be the person to do the trick in the North. If he picks someone like El-Rufai or Zulum, then I’m sure he will perform better in the North.

Also, most of it comes to party line coz that influences elections sometimes too. So APC guys in the North will lead the movement.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by Nigeriabiafra80: 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
authority2006:

At least, not in APC for igbos. Even if the presidential ticket is given to the SE by APC, I'm not even sure that they will vote for that party. They hate APC so much right from its inception
Simple question,who has earn it?
And you are masturbating
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by PHijo(m): 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2020
LegendHero:

Do you know Buhari got over 30-35% of the vote in the SS in 2019?

Are you telling me Osinbajo as a Christian will get less than that in 2023? Which of the masses did Osinbajo offended in the SS? I don’t want to speak about the SE coz they are inconsequential.

Osinbajo will win the NC easily because we have Kogi and Kwara there and some Christian dominated states that will be willing to vote for an Osinbajo.

Osinbajo will clear 85-90% of the SW if he is on the ballot.

Osinbajo is not hated in the North and a figure like Buhari won’t be re-contesting. Osinbajo is also a Yoruba who naturally under the current political climate don’t have any problem with the North. Moreso, the North understood a SW Christian is as harmless in terms of religious intolerance like their Muslim counterpart so the religious divide won’t play much in this game.

The vice of Osinbajo will be the person to do the trick in the North. If he picks someone like El-Rufai or Zulum, then I’m sure he will perform better in the North.

Also, most of it comes to party line coz that influences elections sometimes too. So APC guys in the North will lead the movement.

What stops El-Rufai or Zulum from contesting for the presidency?

Open your eyes!
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by LegendHero(m): 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2020
PHijo:

What stops El-Rufai or Zulum from contesting for the presidency?

Open your eyes!

I’m not sure they can outspend Tinubu caucus in APC when it comes to buying delegates. Tinubu got more warchest than them in APC.

Do you know why Atiku also got the PDP ticket in 2019? He outspend all those Tambuwal et al.

But I always leave things to probability, so like you said nothing stops them from contesting too. But until then, let’s see how it goes.

But I still have a question tho. How exactly did Osinbajo offend the people in the SS like you claimed?

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by PHijo(m): 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2020
LegendHero:

I’m not sure they can outspend Tinubu caucus in APC when it comes to buying delegates. Tinubu got more warchest than them in APC.

Do you know why Atiku also got the PDP ticket in 2019? He outspend all those Tambuwal et al.

But I always leave things to probability, so like you said nothing stops them from contesting too. But until then, let’s see how it goes.

But I still have a question tho. How exactly did Osinbajo offend the people in the SS like you claimed?

Wait till 2023!
The answer would be clearer then. I hope you know Tinubu is not the only one in the country who owns a 'war chest '. Have you asked yourself where the cabal in Aso Rock stands?

Did you ever ask yourself why Abiola never became president?

Have you bothered analyse voting patterns since 1999 till date?

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by LegendHero(m): 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2020
PHijo:

Wait till 2023!
The answer would be clearer then. I hope you know Tinubu is not the only one in the country who owns a 'war chest '. Have you asked yourself where the cabal in Aso Rock stands?

Did you ever ask yourself why Abiola never became president?

Have you bothered analyse voting patterns since 1999 till date?

There is no one in APC that can outspend Tinubu, you can take that to the bank.

Buhari was not even supposed to win the APC presidential ticket in the first place in 2014, but Tinubu was the mastermind of how he grabbed it from Atiku another moneybag. Well that is history now.

Yes you’re right, the people the presidency support matters also and until Buhari dispose Osinbajo we can only wait to see his move.

I’ve analyzed voting patterns since 1979 and there is nothing spectacular about the voting pattern.

The people that stopped MKO are the military, that can’t happen in a democracy now so how does that come into our discourse?

Moreso the same MKO defeated Tofa in the North and the SS.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by PHijo(m): 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2020
LegendHero:

There is no one in APC that can outspend Tinubu, you can take that to the bank.

Buhari was not even supposed to win the APC presidential ticket in the first place in 2014, but Tinubu was the mastermind of how he grabbed it from Atiku another moneybag. Well that is history now.

Yes you’re right, the people the presidency support matters also and until Buhari dispose Osinbajo we can only wait to see his move.

I’ve analyzed voting patterns since 1979 and there is nothing spectacular about the voting pattern.

The people that stopped MKO are the military, that can’t happen in a democracy now so how does that come into our discourse?

Moreso the same MKO defeated Tofa in the North and the SS.

You forgot that same military brought Obasanjo against the Yoruba wish for Falae. Pardoned him so he could contest.
The North have not spent their resources to bring their candidates. Tinubu have spent his money on Buhari twice. Spent money in Edo, Akwa-Ibom and Bayelsa and lost those elections and you seriously believe he has money to out spend his opponents?

His money didn't give him victory in the S/S.

Tinubu shot himself in his foot.

Tambuwal didn't lose because of money. He lost because the party felt Atiku had a better chance of winning.

The contest in 2019 was a contest between two Fulani candidates so Buhari's improved performance in the South South was a reflection of people's disapproval of the role Atiku played in ushering in Buhari in 2015.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by OBUKSBAYELSA: 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2020
Coronabirus:
May be u dnt knw him personally, u jst knw him from hear-say. The fact that u disagree with ppl doesn't mean u're enemies. Junaid has high level of integrity, he's just outrighteous, straight forward person.
Just because of politics junaid should leave his old friends who have been friends since time immemorial?

Broda I know Junaid Mohammed very very well incidentally he schooled in Kiev with my uncle, he was 2years his senior at the medical school in old Russian Republic. I also know him very well on the political turf through most of the Northern leaders. Don't bet on him. He just a rabble-rouser for lucre purposes.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by OBUKSBAYELSA: 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2020
Olatomiwami:

Must Tinubu features in all your useless myopic conspiracy theories? U better go find work to do.Se Tinubu lokoba igbee aye bukuruku e ni?

Go through my post I don't discuss Tinubu because I consider him inconsequential if we are to build a New Nigeria. Tinubu has nothing I repeat nothing to offer Nigeria, he is not brilliant except when it comes to under the TABLE dealings secondly he lacks capacity both intellectual and physical.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by OBUKSBAYELSA: 3:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
contigiency:

The guy is a stupid lunatic who talks as if he has the monopoly of authority to speak for the entire north.

Northern leaders know him, he is only used to complete the numbers and his nuisance level.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by EvangelistChuks(m): 3:27pm On Nov 24, 2020
Mind manipulation. That's what they are good at. Trying to gauge the reaction & feelings of people. People in the higher echelon of knowledge (good or evil) don't just talk for talking sake.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by LegendHero(m): 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2020
PHijo:

You forgot that same military brought Obasanjo against the Yoruba wish for Falae. Pardoned him so he could contest.
The North have not spent their resources to bring their candidates. Tinubu have spent his money on Buhari twice. Spent money in Edo, Akwa-Ibom and Bayelsa and lost those elections and you seriously believe he has money to out spend his opponents?

Of course, in 1999 hostilities is high between the West and the North because of the issues of MKO and the North think OBJ will be a better ally than Falae who is supported mostly by AD and the West. It’s a game of politics and they supported OBJ, so how does that come into this discourse.

1999 is a contest between two Yorubas, so you can’t use that to support your argument.

Tinubu have spent money in election and have so far won more than he lost so what exactly are you talking about? Bayelsa was won fair and square and Edo people rejected APC. Do you want to count the number of elections Tinubu have won also if you’re attributing all APC losses to him?

His money didn't give him victory in the S/S.
We are talking about APC presidential primaries here. Stop equating issues that doesn’t correlate bro. SS naturally is PDP stronghold, so APC just need to get some amount of votes there to decrease PDP figure and mitigate against vote numbers like they did against Rivers in 2015. Check the vote PDP gave Jonathan in 2019 in Rivers compared to the vote count in Rivers in 2015.

Tambuwal didn't lose because of money. He lost because the party felt Atiku had a better chance of winning.
Tambuwal lost both because of money and because the SE are fed up of Wike domineering attitude so they went with Atiku. I hope you heard about the $$ Atiku spent on that day. I’m not sure about Northern delegates but I’m sure they would have also rooted for Atiku.

The contest in 2019 was a contest between two Fulani candidates so Buhari's improved performance in the South South was a reflection of people's disapproval of the role Atiku played in ushering in Buhari in 2015.

This is a lie. People already forgot Atiku ushered in Buhari in 2015 so how can they punish Atiku because of that in 2019 election? Buhari had that figure because of federal might and the fact that he got some APC goons in the SS that tried to at least lessen the vote difference there.

Also people understood Atiku is another crook without good record so a lot of people are indifferent coz they just have to choose between two devils.

Osinbajo have that clean record, he is intelligent, a Christian, and he will naturally get more vote than Buhari in the SS especially if the federal might supports him in 2023 too.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by Jubriloyebamiji(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos 

https://www.independent.ng/2023-pdp-already-committed-its-presidential-ticket-to-the-north-junaid-mohammed/

Make una commot for North go pick from West or east too na una sabii, what we youth know and we're very certain about is that we won't be voting blindly like our parents did. And una no fit bribe us NEVER!!!
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by DOD88: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2020
[quote author=olumide4christ post=96373568]I have said it that Igbos need to align themselves with APGA or some other party and support their own. I was disappointed when Igbos refused to support their own Kingsley Moghalu in the 2019 elections simply because he didn't belong to the PDP, when to all intents and purposes, he had a very good vision and plan for this country given his financial and economic background from his time at the CBN. I listened to an interview of him and he blew my mind with his insights and proposals for national rebirth and rejuvenation. But alas, the love potion that PDP has given to the Igbos since 1999 is still very strong, thus, the Igbos don't seem willing to break off or deliver themselves from the love potion and slavery of PDP anytime soon.

But truth must be told, if Igbos want to be president of this country, they will not achieve it under PDP.

Let me conclude by saying that anyone who thinks any candidate from PDP or APC will right the wrongs in this country come 2023 is not serious and must be very high on some special concoction of weed. Only visionary leaders from neutral parties WHO HAVEN'T BEEN PART OF THE CAUSES OF OUR PROBLEMS (MILITARY, APC, PDP) can bring any meaningful change to the fortunes of this country! A word is enough for the wise!

I rest my case!
Beautiful premise, but your conclusive submission is unrealistic. The two parties are solidly and structurally on ground; difficult to be displaced by any newbie.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by Obec70(m): 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2020
If the foundation of a building is weak or wrong collapse is inevitable! With the way the is structured now country now without proper restructuring things will ever remain the same it doesn't matter who is at the helm of affairs. Independent candidates can only be possible when the ground is fertile for it. Are we ready for it or are we just paying lip service for it.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2020
OBUKSBAYELSA:

Broda I know Junaid Mohammed very very well incidentally he schooled in Kiev with my uncle, he was 2years his senior at the medical school in old Russian Republic. I also know him very well on the political turf through most of the Northern leaders. Don't bet on him. He just a rabble-rouser for lucre purposes.
So ur uncle feed u with all the allegations u spit in him!
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by Plusk4u: 5:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
Very good political calculation am fully in support let the North rule us again to correct Buhari bad administration.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by PHijo(m): 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
LegendHero:

Of course, in 1999 hostilities is high between the West and the North because of the issues of MKO and the North think OBJ will be a better ally than Falae who is supported mostly by AD and the West. It’s a game of politics and they supported OBJ, so how does that come into this discourse.

1999 is a contest between two Yorubas, so you can’t use that to support your argument.

Tinubu have spent money in election and have so far won more than he lost so what exactly are you talking about? Bayelsa was won fair and square and Edo people rejected APC. Do you want to count the number of elections Tinubu have won also if you’re attributing all APC losses to him?

We are talking about APC presidential primaries here. Stop equating issues that doesn’t correlate bro. SS naturally is PDP stronghold, so APC just need to get some amount of votes there to decrease PDP figure and mitigate against vote numbers like they did against Rivers in 2015. Check the vote PDP gave Jonathan in 2019 in Rivers compared to the vote count in Rivers in 2015.

Tambuwal lost both because of money and because the SE are fed up of Wike domineering attitude so they went with Atiku. I hope you heard about the $$ Atiku spent on that day. I’m not sure about Northern delegates but I’m sure they would have also rooted for Atiku.

This is a lie. People already forgot Atiku ushered in Buhari in 2015 so how can they punish Atiku because of that in 2019 election? Buhari had that figure because of federal might and the fact that he got some APC goons in the SS that tried to at least lessen the vote difference there.

Also people understood Atiku is another crook without good record so a lot of people are indifferent coz they just have to choose between two devils.

Osinbajo have that clean record, he is intelligent, a Christian, and he will naturally get more vote than Buhari in the SS especially if the federal might supports him in 2023 too.

Hahaha!!!!
Osibanjo will naturally get the votes the South West refused to give Jonathan in 2015 in 2023?

I don't want to think, till date we have not forgiven Amaechi in Rivers state. As the South West supported the North West in 2015, we will weigh our options in 2023. That will probably tilt between the North East and South East. I don't see the South West getting our votes.

The general perception is that the South West brought Buhari out of greed and bigotry and not for Nigeria's wellbeing.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by LegendHero(m): 6:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
PHijo:

Hahaha!!!!
Osibanjo will naturally get the votes the South West refused to give Jonathan in 2015 in 2023?

I don't want to think, till date we have not forgiven Amaechi in Rivers state. As the South West supported the North West in 2015, we will weigh our options in 2023. That will probably tilt between the North East and South East. I don't see the South West getting our votes.

The general perception is that the South West brought Buhari out of greed and bigotry and not for Nigeria's wellbeing.

Lol. Even the Buhari that defeated Jonathan got over 35% of the votes in the SS in 2019.

Moreso, SW voted Jonathan with majority of the votes in 2011 even with us being in ACN then. What did he paid us with? Marginalization and we responded in kind in 2015 by voting Buhari and even at that Jonathan got over 45% of the votes in the SW in 2015.

If the SS need to reciprocate what the Yorubas did in 2015 in 2023, then they should also give Osinbajo 45% of their votes in 2023.

That’s all what we need and Q.E.D.

Do you oppose the bolded?
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by Naajjii: 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2020
Amumaigwe:

Vote another cattle rearer and continue your suffering na. Unfortunately for you, Igbo man will be the last to be affected by bad governance.
We prefer the suffering than Igbo man to rule us.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: PDP Already Committed Its Presidential Ticket To The North by Rawhumper(m): 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
Bro I need to say that naija I really changing oo, our votes will soon begin to count, not gonna be business as usual.

Lets give the Igbos a try bro and see after 8years then if they did well, we vote them in again because the North ruled more than 30years and nothing to show for it but hardship and division in the country.

sylve11:

I don't think your family's votes matters here.

This country matter just tire person.sad cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Hosts Northern Christian Leaders At The State House / 2019 Election : If We Lose In The Election, We Will Go Home And Rest - Amaechi / Customs Releases Impounded Bullion Van Loaded With Smuggled Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.