Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp (38375 Views)

White Man Mistakenly Receives 60 iPhone 15 Pro Max From Apple (Video) / How To Allow Installation Of Apps From Unknown Source On Android Phone / Lady Mistakenly Buys N15k MTN Airtime Instead Of N1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by samsard(m): 3:48am On Nov 25, 2020
Nbotee:

Even if dey lock d account for 2years, d scammers have already set up d 2 step verification on and she cannot set hers until it is either reset.
That's probably not true. Someone wriggled his way out of a similar situation that way.
Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by jimmynauty: 5:36am On Nov 25, 2020
Clementz0:
He/she should report to WhatsApp they would block the account for two weeks then later they will open,but once reopen try set your two steps verification code to protect your account

GR8
Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:07am On Nov 26, 2020
LordviccoDaGuru:
Please my fellow tech engineers my friend mistakenly verified a code sent to her by an unknown source on WhatsApp and she couldn't access her account anymore it has been locked they are asking for Two-step verification code which she has never registered for it before, She uploaded it on social media.

What is the way forward??

Tell your friends to re register for WhatsApp with her number
Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Kunja2: 6:16am On Nov 26, 2020
Clementz0:
He/she should report to WhatsApp they would block the account for two weeks then later they will open,but once reopen try set your two steps verification code to protect your account
op follow this instruction.
Re: My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp by Clementz0(m): 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
samsard:
That's probably not true. Someone wriggled his way out of a similar situation that way.
after two weeks they will send a confirmation code to the number used to register before they can reactivate that particular account am talking from experience bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Microsoft Reveals Nokia 215 You Dont Have To Charge For A MONTH / Nokia 4.2 Unboxing And Review + Price (photos) / NTEL Number Reservation Available Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.