Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,110 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest (2127 Views)

Half Salary: ASUU Declares One-Day Nationwide Protest Rally / Strike: Labour To Embark On Nationwide Protest / International Student's Day: NANS Mobilises Students On Nationwide Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 24, 2020
ASUU STRIKE: TEMPORAL SUSPENSION OF NATIONWIDE PROTEST

Greatest Nigerian students, it is imperative that I convey the hope of full academic resumption in all our university campuses across the country following the latest agreements reached between the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU and the Federal Government of Nigeria.

I must commend the commitment of the FG and the considerations of ASUU which has yielded to the hopeful resumption expected after ASUU’s reach out to her various chapters on Friday the 27th November 2020.

Nigerians will recall that the NANS leadership under my watch declared a nationwide protest scheduled to commence on Tuesday the 24th of November, 2020 following the expiration of the 14 days ultimatum issued to both parties with other demands over the lingering 8months ASUU strike.

Our demands included:
1. The immediate termination of the ASUU strike and the re-opening of our campuses.

2. Two sessions’ school fees waiver for Nigerian students to ameliorate covid-19 economic impact on Nigerian students to avert massive drop out of students in line with most institutions NO SCHOOL FEE NO EXAM POLICY.

3. NYSC age limit reduction for 2018/2019 final year students and

4. Reversal of the new price of PMS amongst others.

We appreciate the FG’s decision to shift grounds on numerous issues which has led to ASUU’s considerations to suspend strike, most critically the FG’s decision to pay salary arrears with the old payment method and the subsequent addition of #15bn for the University revitalization fund.

In as much as we want to register our displeasures, we are also patriotic, therefore our leadership hereby announces the temporal suspension of our well planned nationwide mass protest billed to commence on the 24th November 2020 across the 36 states and the FCT till Friday the 27th November 2020.

With the ASUU and the FG agreement, ASUU shall have their salaries and allowances both arrears and present paid, government appointees in charge of labour and education too shall have non of their emoluments denied for the period the strike action has lasted.

Who will pay for Nigerian students’ time wasted? Who will pay for the extended house/hostel rent and most painfully who will make up for the life plan of students distorted by the strike?

We thus, appeal on a strong note to the FG to consider other demands of ours, so that Nigerian student won't be the losers again as usual.

We shall only return to the street only if our passionate appeals are not granted because Nigerian students have become wiser.

Dare to struggle, dare to win!

Comr. Chidi Ilogebe
NANS President.

#NANS
#ASUU
#campuscatchng

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by flyingpig: 6:32am On Nov 24, 2020
Toothless crocodiles. Why are you embarking on protest on last week of November?

You have been out of school for 9 solid months. That's one full session. Something tells me you knew of the impending ceasefire, hence declared protest in order to fall in line and be regarded as though you were influential.

Moneybag men.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by lindareep: 6:32am On Nov 24, 2020
NANS just woke up grin

Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 24, 2020
Cc: lalasticala, mynd44, Dominique
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by lkillbrokehoes: 7:00am On Nov 24, 2020
Those boys can't do nothing, no be Nigeria again
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by illicit(m): 7:04am On Nov 24, 2020
Idiot

Useless sycophants

dimwits

ne'erdowells

Useless Association....

Anybody that takes NANS serious is a nincompoop!
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 24, 2020
All this nans people gan.... Corrupt youths up and down... Anyway thank God for answering my prayers.... God bless Ekiti State University

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 24, 2020
Doradorwa:
All this nans people gan.... Corrupt youths up and down... Anyway thank God for answering my prayers.... God bless Ekiti State University
You don dey school..
I dey ado o make we hook up
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Obajemu(m): 7:26am On Nov 24, 2020
Abi, please can you find out for me about their Msc in Economics department, thanks. Flash this number 08032722484 I will call back

Thanks

Doradorwa:
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 24, 2020
Obajemu:

Abi, please can you find out for me about their Msc in Economics department, thanks. Flash this number 08032722484 I will call back

Thanks

What would you like to know?. The fees and post graduate levy... Pls be precise smiley smiley
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 24, 2020
Haryoife:

You don dey school..
I dey ado o make we hook up
I still dey house o baba
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by paulolee(m): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2020
toothless bull dogs and members filled up with no balls inbetween thier legs...during GEJ regime any union or body is free to protest even without any notice for small or baseless reason BT now you all are scared bcox of d outcome of the just concluded endsars protest..
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Obajemu(m): 8:31am On Nov 24, 2020
The fees, the Msc programs in Economics department and everything

Doradorwa:
What would you like to know?. The fees and post graduate levy... Pls be precise smiley smiley
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 24, 2020
Doradorwa:
I still dey house o baba
Ehn nothing spoil... Check your mail jhor
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by nerd004: 9:09am On Nov 24, 2020
I told you guys that these toothless Bulldogs were going to suspend the strike....The NANS president was my colleague then,...o boy dat guy steal money ....NANS has been bastardized
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by cynthia500(f): 9:21am On Nov 24, 2020
“Dream beautiful dreams, and then work to make those dreams come true. Be the change you want to see in the world. Believe you can and you will. Do the right thing even when no one is looking. Make today the day you learn something new Be silly, be honest, be kind
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Jahzrockballer(m): 9:24am On Nov 24, 2020
It seems I'm missing a piece here....where and when did the protest take place
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 24, 2020
Jahzrockballer:
It seems I'm missing a piece here....where and when did the protest take place
Lol boss no protest o
Dem don suspend am

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Jahzrockballer(m): 9:34am On Nov 24, 2020
Haryoife:

Lol boss no protest o
Dem don suspend am
Okay no qualms...Have a fulfilled day
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Progressful: 10:41am On Nov 24, 2020
Ayam not understanding, Has the strike been called off?
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 24, 2020
Progressful:
Ayam not understanding, Has the strike been called off?
No yeye NANS suspend strike
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by osamz007: 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2020
HE'S JUST LIKE HIS FATHER IN LABOR COWARDS THEY'VE HID THE PRICKS BETWEEN THEIR LEGS

Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
osamz007:
HE'S JUST LIKE HIS FATHER IN LABOR COWARDS THEY'VE HID THE PRICKS BETWEEN THEIR LEGS
grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Temporal Suspension Of Nationwide Protest by Grateful02(m): 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2020
This one is 101% happy. Let's take it easy before ASUU change mind o
Doradorwa:

(1) (Reply)

Study Medicine In The Carribean (very Affordable) / University Of Ibadan: Schedule Of Fees For The 2007/2008 Session / How Can I Check My Result?i Lost Both My Slip And The Scratch Card , Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.