Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Gov. Loan Scheme: "Heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gov. Loan Scheme: "Heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves" (148 Views)

Why Social Media Marketers Should Help Themselves / Sterling Bank Unveils Auto Loan Scheme For Smes / Jamil Abubakar Helps His Wife, Fatima Dangote Adjust Her Shoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Loan Scheme: "Heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves" by ayodayg(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2020
"Heaven helps those who help themselves".

It is with great concern and open mind that I pen this piece which I think should be a call to responsibility and lay to rest a long-term belief that loans given out by the Government are not to be repaid.

The Nigerian Government recently is trying every possible thing to revitalise the economy, ensure business sustainability and improve standard of living by introduction of some intervention schemes, exempt taxation on some businesses and key more into human resources development. These are established facts.

Having been an individual with close intimate with Government loan disbursement/empowerment organ, facts over the years have shown that an average Nigerian is a "bad debtor!"

Why is this so?

When an average Nigerian is profiled/selected to benefit from a loan intervention package, he/she believes right from the outset that the loan is a share of the National cake (especially if the loan is meager).

Some experiences with prospective loanees show lack of preparedness, unwilling to document, no feasible business layout and history of credit unworthiness (to mention a few) would make you wonder if Nigeria could ever be great again.

The only way out is to change our mindset and attitude towards the Government. (Yes, the Government has failed us severally but we need to realise that We are the Government).

Finally, I want to implore us all either seeking loan or not, to be responsible and responsive to Government Interventions be it monetary, trainings or in other forms it may be because "heaven helps only those who help themselves".

Omitogun A. A.
REPO I.
National Directorate of Employment (NDE).

(1) (Reply)

Graphics Designer / Benefits Of Online Taxi Dispatch And Fleet Management Software / Up-your-game And Earn On Auto-pilot!!! Get A Landing Page For #10,000 Naira Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.