Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,658 members, 7,840,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

God's Direction: How Sensible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Direction: How Sensible? (170 Views)

She Was Murdered Because She Tried To Correct Her School Mates To Be Sensible;;; / Seek God's Direction Always / In Search Of Direction - How to get the direction you need from God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God's Direction: How Sensible? by kpakpandoN(m): 10:25am On Nov 24, 2020
God’s directions may not always make sense to us, because as humans, we are too short-sighted to see what He does and too dull to think as He (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Gideon experienced the seeming logicality of God’s directions firsthand. He thought he had been mistaken for someone else when the angel of God called him a man of valour. Gideon was cowardly but God had decided to use him to lead His people to victory over their enemy. Even when Gideon eventually accepted to lead the Israelites in battle, God still went ahead to prune his army of thirty-two thousand soldiers down to just three hundred! Three hundred men against an army! Although it looked like an impossible mission, at the end of the day, Gideon was victorious. No matter how unreasonable an instruction from God may be, as long as it is from Him, it will surely end in victory. Isaiah 30:21 says:
“And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying. This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.”

We were preparing for a crusade in Benin many years ago. Everything had been set when I thought to talk to God about it. He told me we should go to Ede instead. We had just concluded a crusade in Ilesha (very close to Ede), and so I felt that anyone who wanted to come from Ede should have been at that crusade. However, since I have learnt never to disobey God, I told my people “God said we are going to Ede.” We went to Ede and when it was time for the monarch of the town to greet the people during the crusade, he said he did not have money, but offered us land – in any quantity we desired. After the crusade, I called my people together and we decided to ask for the fifty acres of land. That seems like a lot, but when I went back to ask God, He said we should ask for five hundred hectares. This did not make any sense at all because the developed part of Ede was not that large, but I asked anyway. We got the land and today, the Mission School of the RCCG as well as the Redeemer’s University are sited on that land.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Forced Conversion In America!? / Who Is A Sinner? / Fake Prophecies- 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.