Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,216 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

10 Important Tips For Writing A Blog Post That Actually Ranks On Google - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Important Tips For Writing A Blog Post That Actually Ranks On Google (243 Views)

What's A Little Thing That Actually Tells You A Lot About Someone? / 10 Important Things To Pay Attention To In Your 20s / University Of Ilorin & Abuja Ranks Biggest Universities In Nigeria By Landmass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Important Tips For Writing A Blog Post That Actually Ranks On Google by abayomitheblog(m): 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2020
You can drastically increase your blog traffic just by writing a search engine optimized blog post. This means your blog post ranks on search engines like Google. Although ranking on Google takes time but writing a blog post worthy of ranking can reduce the time it takes to get traffic from Google.

Ranking on search engine takes time and it requires patience. So if you are a new blogger, you might not get on Google in your first year of blogging and that is fine

However, your blog posts or articles can rank high on Google faster when you follow these tips for writing a blog post that is search engine optimized.

So, let’s get into it

#1. Research topic before writing
Hey, it is time to let go that “expert/know it all” hat. Doing research is very important because you want your blog post to be full of value. You want to include everything your audience need to know.

This will not only present you as an expert to your readers but also present your blog as a credible one to search engines.

When I am making research, I ask myself

Is this a topic my readers would want to read?
Are there other people searching for this topic and what are they searching for?
What are the top guys in my industry saying or have said about this topic?
These questions will help you create blog posts that Google considers worthy.

#2. Do keyword research

Research topic is not enough, you need to research keywords when writing a search engine optimized blog post.

Keyword research will tell you,

What your audience are searching for on Google and other search engines
How many people are searching (search volume)
You will do keyword research better if you understand your audience, their fears and struggles, their pain and pleasure.

There are different tools that makes keyword research very easy but I use Neil Patel’s Ubersuggest.

All you need to do is input a keyword and Ubersuggest shows you the search volume, how difficult/easy it is to rank for that keyword and suggestions for keywords.

It also show websites that rank for that particular keyword so that you can pick from them.

The higher the search volume, the more difficult it will be for your blog post to rank high on search engines.

And this bring me to my next tip.

#3. Go for long-tail keywords
Long-tail keywords are keywords with more than one or two words. They are generic keywords and that is why you need to avoid them.

You want to go for specific keywords which are also called long-tail keywords.

Did I confuse you?

Can you guess the number of people who go on Google to search for words like game, music, movies, blog, etc. If I were you, I won’t guess because it is too vague. Too many people search for it.

These are keywords you want to avoid instead focus on specific keywords, long-tail keywords like what game to buy, best action games, best blues music, must watch action movies, starting a blog.

I hope you get the gist now? Okay, see number 4.

#4. Input keywords in your post, don’t over do
Now that you have your keywords, it is time to start writing. The long-tail keywords are to be added to your blog post.

Some important places to add your keywords,

Headlines
Introduction
Body of your post
Meta description
It is important to not also over do your keywords. Don’t keep pasting them all over your blog posts.

#5. Use the structure of a blog post
Don’t be surprised. Yes, there’s a structure for writing blog posts although it is a flexible one.

Many high ranking posts on Google follow this structure. In fact, every post on Google’s first page follows this structure.

And since the goal is to get you to that first page, you have to follow it too.

Here’s the structure of a blog post.

Headline
Introduction
Lead in
Main point
Conclusion
Call to action
Related posts

Read five more tips and complete article using the link below
[url]https://ambitiouswarrior.com/2020/11/22/10-powerful-tips-for-writing-a-search-engine-optimized-blog-post/
[/url]

Re: 10 Important Tips For Writing A Blog Post That Actually Ranks On Google by ajasay3030(m): 11:43am On May 25, 2023
To write a blog post that ranks, it's important to know how ma y keywords to have in a blog. Check this: https://writeseoblogs.com/how-many-keywords-per-blog-post-for-seo/

(1) (Reply)

The Pleasure Of Unprotected Sex,is It Worth The Risk? / Your Sales Will Increase 10x If You Know This Truth / Benson Jakpa: The Automobile Scammer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.