Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Must The Womb Be Removed During Surgery To Prevent Another Fibroid Growth? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Must The Womb Be Removed During Surgery To Prevent Another Fibroid Growth? (209 Views)

Osun Woman Refuses Free Surgery To Remove Her Goitre; Asks For 300,000 Instead. / Anesther Egede Dies After Doctors Left Cotton Wool In Her Belly During Surgery / Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must The Womb Be Removed During Surgery To Prevent Another Fibroid Growth? by Live3388: 6:12pm On Nov 24, 2020
Hello my people. I am a regular NL member but I have to create a new account to maintain anonymity.

Let me go straight to the point. I have sister who is supposed to have fibroid surgery soon. I was talking to her when she told me they informed her that it is best she remove her womb to curtail future fibroid in her stomach in few years to come. She is done with childbirth and she is contemplating on having her womb removed so as to be sure she is done with this once and for all. My questions is, is it true that the removal of the womb will curtail another fibroid growth in her stomach? Is it necessary to remove her womb to prevent another fibroid?. I just want to make sure someone is not trying to sell my sister's womb or something like that.

I will appreciate your responses. Thank you.
Re: Must The Womb Be Removed During Surgery To Prevent Another Fibroid Growth? by kolafolabi(m): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
Taking out the uterus is the only cure for uterine fibroids. But it's not a good choice if you want to have children. You can't get pregnant after your uterus is taken out. Both types of surgery have short-term risks, such as blood loss and infection.
Re: Must The Womb Be Removed During Surgery To Prevent Another Fibroid Growth? by Live3388: 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
kolafolabi:
Taking out the uterus is the only cure for uterine fibroids. But it's not a good choice if you want to have children. You can't get pregnant after your uterus is taken out. Both types of surgery have short-term risks, such as blood loss and infection.
Got it. Thanks
Re: Must The Womb Be Removed During Surgery To Prevent Another Fibroid Growth? by Backcheck: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
Live3388:
Hello my people. I am a regular NL member but I have to create a new account to maintain anonymity.

Let me go straight to the point. I have sister who is supposed to have fibroid surgery soon. I was talking to her when she told me they informed her that it is best she remove her womb to curtail future fibroid in her stomach in few years to come. She is done with childbirth and she is contemplating on having her womb removed so as to be sure she is done with this once and for all. My questions is, is it true that the removal of the womb will curtail another fibroid growth in her stomach? Is it necessary to remove her womb to prevent another fibroid?. I just want to make sure someone is not trying to sell my sister's womb or something like that.

I will appreciate your responses. Thank you.

Most doctors advise to remove it also, even along with the ovaries. You can request for the removed members if you want to (I know this for sure)
But please and please go to a very good hospital, as things could go wrong even after a successful surgery, mostly internal bleeding, which can lead to pulmonary embolism if not properly handled. I am not speculating, I know this for sure.
Re: Must The Womb Be Removed During Surgery To Prevent Another Fibroid Growth? by Live3388: 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
Backcheck:

Most doctors advise to remove it also, even along with the ovaries. You can request for the removed members if you want to (I know this for sure)
But please and please go to a very good hospital, as things could go wrong even after a successful surgery, mostly internal bleeding, which can lead to pulmonary embolism if not properly handled. I am not speculating, I know this for sure.
I understand. Thank you
Re: Must The Womb Be Removed During Surgery To Prevent Another Fibroid Growth? by Emary(f): 4:29am On Nov 25, 2020
It does not necessarily have to be taken out. The gynaecologist will determine if it is necessary based on several factors including how many fibroids there are, their locations on the uterine body, severity of symptoms and how the blood supply will be affected. Your age and whether you have children will also be considered. There is also a possibility that it will have to be taken out if they cannot stop the bleeding during the surgery. The surgery may also be done as an open surgery or laparoscopic one (minimally invasive) depending on the findings and what you can afford.

You have to go for an assessment first and if you're not satisfied, you are entitled to as many opinions as you like till you are comfortable with your choice of doctor or procedure.

(1) (Reply)

Fake Covid-19 Test Results Go On Sale In Nigeria / 9 Common Foods That Have Anti-ageing Properties / Covid-19 : Lichfield Cathedral Turned Into Vaccination Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.