Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category (24515 Views)

Ayra Starr, Davido, Olamide, Burna Boy, Asake Nominated For Grammy 2024 / Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category / Burna Boy’s ‘Twice As Tall’ Nominated For 2021 BRIT Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by IamPlato(m): 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2020
before a song will be nominated it must first be submitted to a board. davido and some others no de submit their own else davido will get nominated too

1 Like

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by ideylaff: 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2020
Bawofss:
pls can someone tell me why MIL and Better time not selected....ayam not understanding

There is a cut off date for albums released to be available for selection

August 31
To allow sufficient time for preparation, the cutoff date for eligible recordings will move from September 30 to August 31. This change means the eligibility period for the 2020 awards is eleven months (October 1, 2019 – August 31, 2020), a month shorter than usual.

1 Like

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Reussite: 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2020
Wizkid & Davido got nothing on Burna but Wizkid FC will remain in denial tongue tongue
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by lkillbrokehoes: 9:36pm On Nov 24, 2020
He's going to bag this
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by lkillbrokehoes: 9:39pm On Nov 24, 2020
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You know wetin you go do? Wetin you go do be say, you go fast for 50days and 50nights for inside wilderness, after that one, you go come go mountain for go fast for another 50days and night, come still go cry for blessed sacrament, then maybe him fit win am grin
Get out of here
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by mariahAngel(f): 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2020
lkillbrokehoes:
Get out of here

...and then the bitter soul comes along

Ode oshi!
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Coldie(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2020
2cribz:
To hell with all u monkey ass pop artists. Burna can burn in hell . He aint winning shiiiit...grammy no be beans, no ,no no be takeaway.
The guy might win it, when he got nominated for grammy he hadn't released twice as tall and with how lit twice as tall is I no sure say anybody for that him category go near.

One of the reason he lost last year's own was that the person they both were nominated in same category he copyrighted her song, the lady that they bought competed in the grammy was the original singer of anybody by burna boy
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by PaulH07: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2020
jefff455:
Burnaboys album has been nominated for a Grammy.

Field 15 – Global Music
Best Global Music Album
“Fu Chronicles” — Antibalas

"Twice As Tall” — Burna Boy"

“Agora” — Bebel Gilberto

“Love Letters” — Anoushka Shankar

“Amadjar” — Tinariwen

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/2021-grammys-nominations-list-1234838878/

To be honest, as Angelica Kudjo no dey this one, na Burna go win am...
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Jaqenhghar: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You know wetin you go do? Wetin you go do be say, you go fast for 50days and 50nights for inside wilderness, after that one, you go come go mountain for go fast for another 50days and night, come still go cry for blessed sacrament, then maybe him fit win am grin
You funny sha
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Jaqenhghar: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
IamPlato:
before a song will be nominated it must first be submitted to a board. davido and some others no de submit their own else davido will get nominated too
...and I assime one also has to pay money along with the submission
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by IamPlato(m): 10:48pm On Nov 24, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

...and I assime one also has to pay money along with the submission
probably but I Know It A Stressful Process. In Some Awards You Have To Also Campaign

1 Like

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by SlyCharlie(m): 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
EbukaHades10:
23 on e own na grove, aje
23 Na Classic Stoner Special. lool
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by WhoIBe: 11:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
which kind music dey the category sef?
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Jaqenhghar: 11:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
IamPlato:
probably but I Know It A Stressful Process. In Some Awards You Have To Also Campaign
Interesting.
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by EbukaHades10(m): 12:06am On Nov 25, 2020
SlyCharlie:
23 Na Classic Stoner Special. lool

1 Like

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 25, 2020
IamPlato:
davido rubbish kpangolo music no even worth that rubbish headies award talkess of grammy.... u think grammy na for “ i get fans wey dey para gan....aaaaaahhhnn ahhhhn make una tell am to call me” .... and other useless gibberish?? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by sunboy(m): 12:49am On Nov 25, 2020
DREAMZZZ:
davido rubbish kpangolo music no even worth that rubbish headies award talkess of grammy.... u think grammy na for “ i get fans wey dey para gan....aaaaaahhhnn ahhhhn make una tell am to call me” .... and other useless gibberish?? undecided

Preach it bro! Soro soke jor!

1 Like

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by sunboy(m): 12:51am On Nov 25, 2020
PaulH07:

To be honest, as Angelica Kudjo no dey this one, na Burna go win am...

Lol not that easy.

Some of those people on that list have won Grammy before and some have been nominated more than 5 times.

I don’t care if he wins or not, the recognition for that nomination for his work speaks enough volume.
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by sunboy(m): 12:55am On Nov 25, 2020
Amarisco:

As innnnnn!!

But if he doesn’t win again then Grammys don cast be dat angry

Naija mentality.

Some people on that same list have been nominated more than 5 times, and some already won the award in the past. So calm down.
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Amarisco(f): 1:23am On Nov 25, 2020
sunboy:

Naija mentality.

Some people on that same list have been nominated more than 5 times, and some already won the award in the past. So calm down.

You may be right about my 9ja mentality.

But have you considered the market of those peers? Angelique Kidjo sells out concerts across the globe with majority white audiences.

Burna does not.

You cannot ignore the white bias that there is to the perception of African music. They are the gatekeepers at the end of the day and believe it or not, they love ‘pop’. Or you don’t remember when even African Americans were pushing #boycottgrammys? Sorry no calming down wink
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by sunboy(m): 1:33am On Nov 25, 2020
Amarisco:

But have you considered the market of those peers? Angelique Kidjo sells out concerts across the globe with majority white audiences.

Burna does not.

You cannot ignore the white bias that there is to the perception of African music. They are the gatekeepers at the end of the day and believe it or not, they love ‘pop’. Or you don’t remember when even African Americans were pushing #boycottgrammys? Sorry no calming down wink

Bro, Grammy is just an award but arguably the greatest music award. For that, winning is no big deal, nomination is enough recognition.

There’s an Afro beat band on that same list who have been single Fela style of song and they are based in NY, and there are white and black in their band.

Anyways, my point being that. I don’t care if he wins or not, being nominated twice back to back for your own work is enough for him.

The likes of Femi who’s been nominated Atleast 4-5 times but never won any... Burna have proven to be one of the best artist out of Naija, no my baby my baby, pangolo song.

And this will humble naija artist to work harder cos Burna has raised that bar twice. They have to do catching up and still singing my baby my baby, or para fans whatever.

I’m hoping to see Brymo on the world scene too, Asa too, and maybe Simi. The rest are just making noice with no substance.

1 Like

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by sunboy(m): 1:36am On Nov 25, 2020
Amarisco:

Burna does not.

... also remember Lizzo came from no where and shattered glasses, and won Grammys in no time. Her songs wasn’t for the white folks.
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by dammydoo(m): 2:40am On Nov 25, 2020
JoeEeL:
Burna Boy's top 10 most insane, dopest tracks (and features):

1. Giddem (produced by Chopstix)
2. On the Low
3. Gimme dat (Ice Prince ft. Yung L, Burna, Olamide) produced by Chopstix
4. Rock your body
5. Way too Big
6. PH city vibration
7. 23
8. Time Flies (Burna ft Sauti Sol)
9. Afrikan star (Sauti Sol ft Burna)

10 Insert yours...

Heavens Gate ft Lily Allen
Arguably Burna's hardest song

1 Like

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 25, 2020
fatymore:
Paid......

Illiterate
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by lighthousearc: 2:42am On Nov 25, 2020
It’s quite funny a lot of Nigerians keeps comparing artist. Each artist have a goal and work hard to it. Burnaboy wants a Grammy so bad that’s why he released his album to be eligible. Wizkid, davido and the rest don’t seem to really care about the Grammys that’s why they’re not eligible. And to those mentioning Wizkid’s nomination, Wizkid wasn’t nominated.

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Nobody: 2:43am On Nov 25, 2020
JoeEeL:

1. Giddem (produced by Chopstix)
2. On the Low
4. Rock your body
5. Way too Big
6. PH city vibration
7. 23

10 Insert yours...

Ye
Destiny
Twice as tall
Own it
Real life
Time flies
Way too big
Monsters you made
On the low

1 Like

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Amarisco(f): 2:44am On Nov 25, 2020
sunboy:

Bro, Grammy is just an award but arguably the greatest music award. For that, winning is no big deal, nomination is enough recognition.

There’s an Afro beat band on that same list who have been single Fela style of song and they are based in NY, and there are white and black in their band.

Anyways, my point being that. I don’t care if he wins or not, being nominated twice back to back for your own work is enough for him.

The likes of Femi who’s been nominated Atleast 4-5 times but never won any... Burna have proven to be one of the best artist out of Naija, no my baby my baby, pangolo song.

And this will humble naija artist to work harder cos Burna has raised that bar twice. They have to do catching up and still singing my baby my baby, or para fans whatever.

I’m hoping to see Brymo on the world scene too, Asa too, and maybe Simi. The rest are just making noice with no substance.

grin grin cheesy grin grin grin ‘my baby my baby’.

Yes yes I agree with you really, but it’s one thing to be one of many to be nominated, and one of much fewer to win.

I’m not saying explicitly that these gatekeepers look at race, but they do look at the culture. Let’s be real, Cardi B won a grammy - trendy. Childish Gambino - trendy. Lizzo - trendy.

You cannot tell me as a somebody who understands music, as I sense you do, that any of these artists are in your top 3 rankings for their own respective genres.

But Burna’s music has depth, identity and longevity. As in timeless longevity. The type that u tell people to shotop when your fav song still comes on how many years later. He’s a virtuoso in his own genre.

So we cannot be settling for ‘nominations nominations’ and think that’s good enough, because some all white board of white men ‘feel like’ our artists haven’t exceeded the target. Which target again. That Fela was nominated severally without winning is telling us something, I think. They have a pattern of behaviour.

My guy, just let him not win. Hm. Everywhere go scatter finish. Sorry.
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Amarisco(f): 2:54am On Nov 25, 2020
JoeEeL:

[s]1. Giddem (produced by Chopstix)
2. On the Low
4. Rock your body
5. Way too Big
6. PH city vibration
7. 23
[/s]

10 Insert yours...

1. Soke
2. Ye
3. African Giant
4. Tonight
5. Wetin Dey Sup
6. Comma
7. Bank On It
8. More Life
9. Anybody
10. Koni Baje

(11. Comment Tu T’Appelle)

1 Like

Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by JoeEeL(m): 4:05am On Nov 25, 2020
Amarisco:

1. Soke
2. Ye
3. African Giant
4. Tonight
5. Wetin Dey Sup
6. Comma
7. Bank On It
8. More Life
9. Anybody
10. Koni Baje

(11. Comment Tu T’Appelle)

Tonight, ye and soke, I agree. I doubt the rest can get into.
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by JoeEeL(m): 4:05am On Nov 25, 2020
dammydoo:

Heavens Gate ft Lily Allen
Arguably Burna's hardest song

Heaven's Gate.

Truth.
Re: Burnaboys Twice As Tall Nominated For Grammy In Best Global Music Album Category by Amarisco(f): 4:18am On Nov 25, 2020
JoeEeL:

Tonight, ye and soke, I agree. I doubt the rest can get into.

Seems like you prefer more of his older songs smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Drop Your Foreign Interesting Old Songs / Three 6 Mafia Are Devil Worshippers! / May D - Gat Me High [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.