Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold (11096 Views)

Mercedes Benz E320 / Which Is Better Benz E320 And C180 / Help Needed Lexus Es330 Vs Benz E320 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by searchng4love: 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
nurey:

My micra deathtrap is faster grin
Fixed.

1 Like

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
searchng4love:

Fixed.

Be nice.

nurey:

My micra cardboard carton is faster grin

re fixed

5 Likes

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by 9icetoo(m): 4:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
skj1377:
Am thinking of a v8 Benz with 2 turbo next. Am sure I will snap pix at 255kph on the flat screen or is it LCD display sef.
We are waiting.
Make it a video. 5 seconds is enough.
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by kingreign(m): 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2021
skj1377:
Let me check for pix on my old phone. "I don't buy v8 Benz for nothing" If I Dont find i will snap new pic the next time I have the road available in front of me and I remember.
You asserted a V6 turbo diesel had that engine speed at a certain speed.

Even a V8 Na will rev higher than that at 250km/h.

No de feed us with lies, alot of us drive cars for a living and also for the fun of it. Besides, this is a public forum. Easy pls.
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by searchng4love: 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2021
kingreign:

You asserted a V6 turbo diesel had that engine speed at a certain speed.

Even a V8 Na will rev higher than that at 250km/h.

No de feed us with lies Your assertion is offmark, you may want to reconfirm, alot of us drive cars for a living and also for the fun of it. Besides, this is a public forum. Easy reconfirm pls.
Fixed. The year is still young!
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by skj1377(m): 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2021
9icetoo:

We are waiting.
Make it a video. 5 seconds is enough.

The pix and video I have is 200kmph on Gombe Bauchi road in 2016, the video is 6 mins but I don't know how to upload. The Gombe road was bad at the time besides the car had an airflow meter problem reducing the acceleration of the car. I fixed the airflow meter issue with a new spare from the US. I have many such videos but can't find them at the moment. At 250kph the only thing you notice is the pointer at 250km no vibration nothing. The markings on the road will be fast and if your using GPS Ulysses speedometer that may be showing 245kmph. If you travel say from Jigawa to Potiskum or Potiskum to Bauchi with the car you could be at top speed for 10mins at a stretch and a trip of 2 hours could be as short as 40mins or less. Besides on a very long trip like Adamawa to Lagos instead of sleeping on the road you can be in Lagos by 8 pm the same day if you left Yola at 5 am. I don't face oncoming cars and trailers or overtake in bends I only drive excessively fast and that is my major motivation for buying large displacement engines.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by skj1377(m): 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Q2n6mgvR8

Just uploaded the video I recorded on 2nd February 2016 on my phone but was transferred to some hard disk at the end of the useful life of the phone. As I said the road was not good and the car had airflow meter issues affecting the acceleration and top speed of the car. Please drive carefully life has no duplicate just for entertainment purposes. My first youtube video grin happy viewing

3 Likes

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by kingreign(m): 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
skj1377:
Use a star scanner to remove the 210km electronic limiter. That way you can drive to 250km. I noticed your RPM was above 4000 @ 210kmh that means your car probably is not a 7 speed gear box or some issue not making it shift. With my car at cruising speed ( not accelerating) the rpm is less than 2800 at close to 250kph. No engine noise no vibration I call it no "drama"
kingreign:

With all due respect, you're not saying the truth.

No offense meant pls.

I'm vindicated!

1 Like

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by Torontoraptors: 11:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
skj1377:

Just uploaded the video I recorded on 2nd February 2016 on my phone but was transferred to some hard disk at the end of the useful life of the phone. As I said the road was not good and the car had airflow meter issues affecting the acceleration and top speed of the car. Please drive carefully life has no duplicate just for entertainment purposes. My first youtube video grin happy viewing

Is this the Back road or shortcut from Alkaleri in Bauchi to Futuk, kashere in Gombe? If it is, the road is half graded, very bad and prone to attacks. Long stretch, lonely with many fulani settlements along the road. We once came under Boko Haram attack on that road in 2015 just a few kilometres from that Kilishi joint in Alkaleri on my way to Yola from Jos. Doing 200 km/hr on that road has every shades of danger.strayed Animals ,farmers and Traders. enter the road at will. Well i guess you have mastered it. Please be calming and slowing down. Hankali fa baba na

5 Likes

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:15am On Jan 04, 2021
Torontoraptors:

Is this the Back road or shortcut from Alkaleri in Bauchi to Futuk, kashere in Gombe? If it is, the road is half graded, very bad and prone to attacks. Long stretch, lonely with many fulani settlements along the road. We once came under Boko Haram attack on that road in 2015 just a few kilometres from that Kilishi joint in Alkaleri on my way to Yola from Jos. Doing 200 km/hr on that road has every shades of danger.strayed Animals ,farmers and Traders. enter the road at will. Well i guess you have mastered it. Please be calming and slowing down. Hankali fa baba na

In the 10years I lived in the north, I did Bauchi Lagos over 50times by road and mostly all thru the night. Very pleasurable trips back then.

You seem to know your NE roads very well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:17am On Jan 04, 2021
skj1377:

The pix and video I have is 200kmph on Gombe Bauchi road in 2016, the video is 6 mins but I don't know how to upload. The Gombe road was bad at the time besides the car had an airflow meter problem reducing the acceleration of the car. I fixed the airflow meter issue with a new spare from the US. I have many such videos but can't find them at the moment. At 250kph the only thing you notice is the pointer at 250km no vibration nothing. The markings on the road will be fast and if your using GPS Ulysses speedometer that may be showing 245kmph. If you travel say from Jigawa to Potiskum or Potiskum to Bauchi with the car you could be at top speed for 10mins at a stretch and a trip of 2 hours could be as short as 40mins or less. Besides on a very long trip like Adamawa to Lagos instead of sleeping on the road you can be in Lagos by 8 pm the same day if you left Yola at 5 am. I don't face oncoming cars and trailers or overtake in bends I only drive excessively fast and that is my major motivation for buying large displacement engines.

The only thing that can kill you on those roads is stray livestock grin

Silk smooth roads unending for hundreds of KMS. I used to visit Borno back in the days to visit gf in unimaid

4 Likes

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by Torontoraptors: 4:18am On Jan 04, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

In the 10years I lived in the north, I did Bauchi Lagos over 50times by road and mostly all thru the night. Very pleasurable trips back then.

You seem to know your NE roads very well.

Yes boss. I was all over the North east, west and North Central for over 10 years before i left.

While back Home, Bauchi used to have some of the most tempting roads in the North. So smooth you will not realize you are over-speeding. We used to race Bauchi -Jos back then early Saturday mornings. Another madly tempting road was Jos - Manchok- Kafancha. Where the road passed in between rocks/ mountain. Then once you do kafancha - kwoi- kagarko and come out at Jere junction, you can kill your self until you get to Lokoja on your way to Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by dgitrader(m): 5:59am On Jan 04, 2021
Torontoraptors:

Yes boss. I was all over the North east, west and North Central for over 10 years before i left.

While back Home, Bauchi used to have some of the most tempting roads in the North. So smooth you will not realize you are over-speeding. We used to race Bauchi -Jos back then early Saturday mornings. Another madly tempting road was Jos - Manchok- Kafancha. Where the road passed in between rocks/ mountain. Then once you do kafancha - kwoi- kagarko and come out at Jere junction, you can kill your self until you get to Lokoja on your way to Lagos.

Chai! I know that feeling

Unfortunately, the roads mentioned are in bad shape presently in comparison.

1 Like

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by Diffpussies(m): 7:01am On Jan 04, 2021
Golf3 for sale
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:17am On Jan 04, 2021

1 Like

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On Jan 04, 2021
Torontoraptors:

Za good old days cry
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by diportivo: 7:32am On Jan 04, 2021
Diffpussies:
Golf3 for sale

2 Likes

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by 9icetoo(m): 8:53am On Jan 04, 2021
skj1377:

I saw the speed but I didn't see the rpm. We needed the video to confirm your claim of 2kish rpm at 250km. It's not all about engine displacement, it's also about gearing.

1 Like

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by 9icetoo(m): 8:58am On Jan 04, 2021
skj1377:
Use a star scanner to remove the 210km electronic limiter. That way you can drive to 250km. I noticed your RPM was above 4000 @ 210kmh that means your car probably is not a 7 speed gear box or some issue not making it shift. With my car at cruising speed ( not accelerating) the rpm is less than 2800 at close to 250kph. No engine noise no vibration I call it no "drama"
I just watched your video. Even below 190km/hr, you were already at 3500rpm.
Yet you claim your car cruises at 250km/hr at less than 2800rpm.
Bugatti will struggle to make such a claim.
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by id4sho(m): 9:06am On Jan 04, 2021
who has driven on Potiskum-Damaturu .
That road is smoother, straight, zero potholes, no animals than all this roads you guys are mentioning.
Just back from Christmas holiday
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:43am On Jan 04, 2021
id4sho:
That road is smoother, straight, zero potholes, no animals than all this roads you guys are mentioning.

1 Share

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by Torontoraptors: 10:37am On Jan 04, 2021
Mr Gazzuzz, how do you intend to take care of your New baby with bluetec Engine considering there are Adulterated diesel everywhere in Nigeria? I have got a couple of experiences buying fake diesel for Generators back then. Over here we have diesel for V powered engines and regular engines. But you can be sure you will buy top grade products.
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:46am On Jan 04, 2021
Torontoraptors:
Mr Gazzuzz, how do you intend to take care of your New baby with bluetec Engine considering there are Adulterated diesel everywhere in Nigeria? I have got a couple of experiences buying fake diesel for Generators back then. Over here we have diesel for V powered engines and regular engines. But you can be sure you will buy top grade products.

First let me correct the notion about my vehicle being the bluetech series, It is NOT.

Also fuel filters are replaced at every oil change, and I am a mechanic so it's easy to maintain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by Piyke: 11:02am On Jan 04, 2021
Reminds me of my days of driving Gombe to Enugu! Used the Jos, makurdi route a couple times. Also did the Adamawa, Taraba route once. This was before all the herdsmen madness started.
That said, the best road I've driven on in Nigeria is Warri to Patani (I think). This was the road built by Ibori. Okowa in power, long after Ibori had gone, yet it had no pot holes. Had some very good straights as well. Almost like airport runway tarmac lol. The foreign firm did a darn good job on the road.

2 Likes

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by Torontoraptors: 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

First let me correct the notion about my vehicle being the bluetech series, It is NOT.

Also fuel filters are replaced at every oil change, and I am a mechanic so it's easy to maintain.

Thanks for pointing that out boss. Knowledge they say is power. I had always thought they are the same. Just looked it up, and all i could find is a difference in the exhaust system which has to do with reduced pollution. Being the expert here. Do you care to shed more lights on the differences in layman language
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by Ogbuu101: 1:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
Torontoraptors:

You truly know those areas well.
Bauchi has most of the tempting roads in Nigeria especially from Bauchi town heading to Maiduguri.
Bauchi to Soro(grains market) to Darazo to Kari to Potiskum(Yobe state).
Used to ply that road twice monthly for the whole of 2013.
Flat,straight road.You could see 10km ahead.
B4 you know it you're on 190km/hr.

2 Likes

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by Ogbuu101: 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2021
id4sho:
Used to run it regularly in 2013.
Worked briefly in Fika, but based in DTR.
Potiskum-Damagum-Ngelzerma -DTR
Is d dualization of that road complete?
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by Ogbuu101: 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Happy birthday baba G.
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2021
Torontoraptors:

Thanks for pointing that out boss. Knowledge they say is power. I had always thought they are the same. Just looked it up, and all i could find is a difference in the exhaust system which has to do with reduced pollution. Being the expert here. Do you care to shed more lights on the differences in layman language

BlueTec is Mercedes’ brand name for its system of selective catalytic reduction (SCR) or, in English, treating the exhaust gas of a diesel engine to reduce its emissions. BlueTec basically squirts a spray of AdBlue solution into the exhaust, which dramatically reduces the emissions of nitrogen oxide or NOx, the nasty lung-disease-causing gas that’s been at the heart of the recent debate over diesel air quality. So, a BlueTec car has the spray system, and a non-BlueTec car does’t. The good news is that a BlueTec car is therefore cleaner and better for both the environment and public health, but it does mean keeping the AdBlue tank topped up.

https://www.carzone.ie/ask-carzone/difference-in-bluetec-mercedes/6447

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by id4sho(m): 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2021
Ogbuu101:
Used to run it regularly in 2013. Worked briefly in Fika, but based in DTR. Potiskum-Damagum-Ngelzerma -DTR Is d dualization of that road complete?
Yes
Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by skj1377(m): 8:22pm On Jan 05, 2021
[Qquote author=GAZZUZZ post=97697451]

The only thing that can kill you on those roads is stray livestock grin

Silk smooth roads unending for hundreds of KMS. I used to visit Borno back in the days to visit gf in unimaid
[/quote].

Yes but also many other issues . I once had an accident because we were traveling in a Hilux on a clean road going but coming some funny trailer spilt a layer of gravel on the road. The Hilux lost control and left the road at high speed. Fortunately was a flat farm land with no trees. The car went like 1km into the farm. The Hilux was brand new and only 2 weeks with me then. The second incident was burst rear tyre at high speed on my Nissan maxima 2004 model on Damaturu Portiskum road . I think like 160kmph, honestly I had a panic attack. On the same trip from kano I decided to drive at 100kmph or less but slept off and actually entered a farmland. 3 Road safety officials somersaulted in front of my car when they sped into gravel on the road but no fatalities it was like an action film; 2 of the occupants thrown out as the car was rolling. Finally I was actually involved in an accident when a car hit our Hilux at an angle. The Hilux somersaulted like 3 times fortunately I was on seat belt so no injuries, the driver had a broken rib and fractured collar bone.

2 Likes

Re: Sold My Latest Acquisition 2008 Mercedes-benz E320 CDI Turbo Diesel sold by skj1377(m): 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2021
9icetoo:

I just watched your video. Even below 190km/hr, you were already at 3500rpm.
Yet you claim your car cruises at 250km/hr at less than 2800rpm.
Bugatti will struggle to make such a claim.
I was accelerating so that was probably the 5th gear, with 2 additional gears after that. The 6th gear will engage probably at 220km and drop the rev counter from say like 5500rpm to less than 3000rpm then at a stable 250kmph the 7th gear will engage and drop the rev counter down again to below 2700rpm. You can continue at that speed without any high engine rev or rpm induced vibration. Beside the fuel consumption is minimal at such speeds.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? / Common Car Purchase 'traps' In Nigeria / Advice Needed For A Sienna: 2gr Engine Or 3mz Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.