Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development (2440 Views)

We’ve Interest In Nigeria Because It Determines Africa’s Development - US / Xenophobia: Ekweremadu Tells FG To Suspend Diplomatic Ties With South Africa / Atiku Abubakar Meets With South-East And South-South Governors In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2020

1 Share

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by HandmadeD: 7:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
Yes. But without looting and election rigging and their praise singers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2020
HandmadeD:
Yes. But without looting and election rigging
That has been going on for the last 60 years. When does development begin?

1 Like

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Banmeallday: 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2020
The Nigger Area is not designed to be great....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2020
I don't know about now, but last time I checked, Nigeria was above South Africa economically...
But the only place we can boast of as looking a bit like a megacity is some parts of Lagos

Few parts of Lagos..
Very few.
Even Abuja is wack

1 Like

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Sammy07: 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nairalandian:
I don't know about now, but last time I checked, Nigeria was above South Africa economically...
But the only place we can boast of as looking a bit like a megacity is some parts of Lagos

Few parts of Lagos..
Very few.
Even Abuja is wack

If Abuja is wack, then Lagos is worst.

both combined can't stand Cape Town

6 Likes

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
Sammy07:

There is no city in Nigeria that can compete with any South African city, truth be told.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2020
Banmeallday:
The Nigger Area is not designed to be great....
Never say never.

1 Like

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2020
Sammy07:

I know

Johannesburg
Pretoria
Capetown
And many parts of SA fine pass the both..
But the finest parts of Lagos is much more finer than the finest parts of Abuja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nairalandian:

I know

Johannesburg
Pretoria
Capetown
The areas of Lagos that are nice are only a small portion of the metropolis. Abuja is better planned than Lagos and that is what make it better. It is the first city in Nigeria that was actually built according to the city masterplan.

3 Likes

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
IronGalaxy,TMKsouth
Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by blowjob: 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2020
SOUTH AFRICAN BLACK SLAVES ,TAKING CREDIT FOR WHITE PEOPLE VISION

LAZY CLOWN

SOUTH AFRICA MY BALLS angry

3 Likes

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
helinues,NGpatriot,LegendHero,TecM0...your support of failed and corrupt leaders is why we may not catch up with South Africa in a 100 years.

1 Like

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by tartar9(m): 7:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
All thanks to the whites grin
Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Sammy07: 7:57pm On Nov 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

The areas of Lagos that are nice are only a small portion of the metropolis. Abuja is better planned than Lagos and that is what make it better. It is the first city in Nigeria that was actually built according to the city masterplan.

Completely agreed with this.
With Lagos populations, if she can work on inner roads (planned one) , and drainage (closed one). it would be okay.

1 Like

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Sammy07: 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nairalandian:

I know

Johannesburg
Pretoria
Capetown

Well you might be right but Lagos don't beat Abuja with roads.

1 Like

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2020
Mouth Gig:
SOUTH AFRICAN BLACK SLAVES ,TAKING CREDIT FOR WHITE PEOPLE VISION

LAZY CLOWN

SOUTH AFRICA MY BALLS angry
The black leadership since 1994 when apartheid ended, have maintained and built on the infrastructures that was inherited. For example before the 2010 FIFA World Cup, South Africa embarked on massive infrastructural developments.

3 Likes

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by crackhaus: 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2020
With the rate at which Nigerian politicians celebrate the construction of roads and bridges, it will definitely take a while to catch up.

7 Likes

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

I know Abuja is a planned city..
What I'm saying is that the finest parts of Lagos beats Abujas finest parts hands down

You don see sweet skyscrapers wey dey Lag Island?
Apart from CBN and maybe a FEW others, which other skyscraper exists in Abuja

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2020
crackhaus:
With the rate at which Nigerian politicians celebrate the construction of roads and bridges, it will definitely take a while to catch up.
100...just one flyover and a 2km road network that is built at an inflated cost is what they celebrate.
Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nairalandian:

I know Abuja is a planned city..
What I'm saying is that the finest parts of Lagos beats Abujas finest parts hands down

You don see sweet skyscrapers wey dey Lag Island?
Apart from CBN and maybe a FEW others, which other skyscraper exists in Abuja
Development of a city is not measured by the number of skyscrapers. Abuja is far more developed and organized than Lagos will ever be.

4 Likes

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Bizibi(m): 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nairalandian:

Few parts of Lagos..
Very few.
Even Abuja is wack
Abuja is well planned....South Africa has been way ahead of Nigeria,this should not be a debate.

3 Likes

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
crackhaus:
I dey tell you..
If dem wan commission one ancient of days railway or road, all the top politicians will attend as if it's a big deal.
If you watch Chinese documentaries on CGTN
You go throway salute give china
See infrastructures

2 Likes

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
There's no River in Jozi. That's a photoshopped pics
Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
There's no River in Jozi. That's a photoshopped pics
Made the correction, thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2020
tartar9:
All thanks to the whites grin
Blacks have been ruling since 1994, give them some credit. And it was their labour that was used to build those cities.
Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by theenchanter: 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nairalandian:

Few parts of Lagos..
Very few.
Even Abuja is wack
Nigeria is not above South Africa economically.
Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2020
theenchanter:
I said "last time I checked" and "I don't know of now" undecided

1 Like

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by theenchanter: 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nairalandian:

I said "last time I checked" and "I don't know of now" undecided
there was never a time Nigeria was ever above economically,never!! maybe the last time u saw that was in ur dream.

Note: gdp is not all about economy.
Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by crackhaus: 8:37pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nairalandian:

I dey tell you..
If dem wan commission one ancient of days railway or road, all the top politicians will attend as if it's a big deal.
If you watch Chinese documentaries on CGTN
You go throway salute give china
See infrastructures
RuudVanNisteroy:

100...just one flyover and a 2km road network that is built at an inflated cost is what they celebrate.
The thing is really annoying... They simply don't care about real 21st century development.

3 Likes

Re: Videos & Pictures: Can Nigeria Ever Catch Up With South Africa's Development by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2020
theenchanter:
South Africa annual budget is in the range of $100- $110 billion dollars. While Nigeria's annual budget is $25-35 billion dollars.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Can’t Get You Out Of Prison, Britain Dashes Hope Of Nnamdi Kanu / FLASHBACK: How Fela Kuti Lamented Over Biafra / No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.