Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,935 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? (2435 Views)

If Nigeria Breaks, Can Your State Survive Without Monthly Allocation From Abuja? / Alakija: Raising VAT Will Hurt Entrepreneurs / 7.2% VAT Will Dampen Nigerians’ Purchasing Power, Say Financial Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 6:08am On Sep 28, 2021
Will your state survive if every states collects VAT because there will be different VAT for different states assuming each States collects its own VAT

States like IMO, Kebbi, Zamfara, Osun will need to have 1000% increase to break-even, meaning despite this, they won't still make profile from tax, while the most viable state like Bayelsa will have at least 200% increase to break-even, it is not rocket science to know that at least 30 states will go bankrupt.

States like Lagos, Rivers and Oyo will have people coming into the states daily in numbers due to massive inflation in their respective states which will lead to overpopulation in Rivers and Lagos(already overpopulated), only 3 States will keep progressing geometrically while the rest states will have a massive decline in commerce and trade.

Me, I no go like Almajiri and Ipob in Rivers state o, we never deal with cultism problem finish

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 6:08am On Sep 28, 2021
Typing
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 6:29am On Sep 28, 2021
I don't think any state will survive it, Poverty in Nigeria is something else, a lot of touts and Yahoo boys go full my state, I no want them biko, let's just go our separate ways instead of this VAT thing.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by extol1(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2021
kogi, capital NO

1 Like

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Lawlab249: 6:50am On Sep 28, 2021
Yeah
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by triple996(m): 6:52am On Sep 28, 2021
Yes!!!!
Kaduna no b joke grin

1 Like

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by psucc(m): 7:14am On Sep 28, 2021
It may surprise you that some of these states will wake up to their responsibilities. Within one to two fiscal year, there'll be a tremendous increase (positive) in VAT generation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Brimstone77: 7:22am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
Will your state survive if every states collects VAT because there will be different VAT for different states assuming each States collects its own VAT

States like IMO, Kebbi, Zamfara, Osun will need to have 1000% increase to keep up, while the most viable state like Bayelsa will have at least 200% increase to keep up, it is not rocket science to know that at least 30 states will go bankrupt.

States like Lagos, Rivers and Oyo will have people coming into the states daily in numbers due to massive inflation in their respective states which will lead to overpopulation in Rivers and Lagos(already overpopulated), only 3 States will keep progressing geometrically while the rest states will have a massive decline in commerce and trade.

Me, I no go like Almajiri and Ipob in Rivers state o, we never deal with cultism problem finish
this is my main reason of viewing this thread and I'm not disappointed...

A day without zombies mentioning ipob or Igbo is like a day wasted.... kiss kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 7:28am On Sep 28, 2021
Brimstone77:

A day without zombies mentioning ipob or Igbo is like a day wasted.... kiss kiss
my home state, Rivers state was mentioned 3 times.
Cultism in Rivers was mentioned one time.
Two northern states were mentioned.
3 southwest states was mentioned
Two SS states was mentioned in my writeup

but ur problem is the one SE state (Imo) that I mentioned?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 7:35am On Sep 28, 2021
psucc:
It may surprise you that some of these states will wake up to their responsibilities. Within one to two fiscal year, there'll be a tremendous increase (positive) in VAT generation.
that can never happen, the states will take at least a decade to get back on their feet cos people will run away from the states when inflation bites

3 Likes

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Brimstone77: 7:36am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
my home state, Rivers state was mentioned 3 times.
Cultism in Rivers was mentioned one time.
Two northern states were mentioned.
3 southwest states was mentioned
Two SS states was mentioned in my writeup

but ur problem is the one SE state (Imo) that I mentioned?
you can mention those states hundred times I don't care...

You should just stop involving ndi Igbo in your rubbish,we are not Nigerians please..

2 Likes

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 7:41am On Sep 28, 2021
Brimstone77:
you can mention those states hundred times I don't care...

You should just stop involving ndi Igbo in your rubbish,we are not Nigerians please..
do u use Naira? Does any of ur credentials have Biafra nationality?
What makes u think u aren't Nigerian?

Anyways I don't want to turn the thread into something else.
When I created the thread, I didn't even think of tribal sentiments, how u were able to drag igbo into this thread is overwhelmingly astonishing.

10 Likes

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by CertyAgroAllied: 7:43am On Sep 28, 2021
On God
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 7:43am On Sep 28, 2021
Lawlab249:
Yeah
what state?
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 7:44am On Sep 28, 2021
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by CertyAgroAllied: 7:45am On Sep 28, 2021
My State of mind would though cheesy
richmond500:
grin
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Brimstone77: 7:46am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
do u use Naira? Does any of ur credentials have Biafra nationality?
What makes u think u aren't Nigerian?

Anyways I don't want to turn the thread into something else.
When I created the thread, I didn't even think of tribal sentiments, how u were able to drag igbo into this thread is overwhelmingly astonishing.
at the bolded...

I no you will surely ask this,it have become a national anthem to you one nigerianists..

You use dollars does that make you an American citizen??

For documents with Nigerian nationality well I have burnt them all because it's of no use...

Including my passport...so chill.

2 Likes

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by theTranscriber: 7:46am On Sep 28, 2021
Brimstone77:

you are not even ashamed

imo generates 2 billion and collects 25 billion

that's a disgrace
even small Osun does better

regionalism is the way to go

Brimstone77:
hello!!

Are you talking to me??
e shock you?

n'di deveropers didn't even generate up to a quarter of what you receive

yet na you dey shout pass

I sorry for you

5 Likes

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 7:46am On Sep 28, 2021
extol1:
kogi, capital NO
Lolz, God go airpus grin
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Brimstone77: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2021
theTranscriber:

you are not even ashamed

imo generates 2 billion and collects 25 billion

that's a disgrace
even small Osun does better
hello!!

Are you talking to me??
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by udemzyudex(m): 7:50am On Sep 28, 2021
The reason why lagos generate more is because everything is tax, even if you hawk gala in the market, you will be tax.

A woman selling pepper soup in her truck inside the market pays more than #600 tax to 3 different people.

So If this happens, states will tax the citizens more to generate more income,any organisation boycotting tax payment won't be overlooked.

1 Like

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 7:51am On Sep 28, 2021
CertyAgroAllied:
My State of mind would though cheesy
grin grin Abi o, We don already see enough just by living in Nigeria, nothing surprises local man at this point

Nothing apostolic church no go see for uncompleted building

1 Like

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 7:57am On Sep 28, 2021
udemzyudex:
The reason why lagos generate more is because everything is tax, even if you hawk gala in the market, you will be tax.

A woman selling pepper soup in her truck inside the market pays more than #600 tax to 3 different people.

So If this happens, states will tax the citizens more to generate more income,any organisation boycotting tax payment won't be overlooked.
some states are economically more viable than others, and therefore could generate massive tax easily even if VAT price is very low. Others states doesn't have this advantage and to keep up with their spending, taxation will be disproportionately increased, this will also affect inter-state commerce with different tax values, some states will definitely go bankrupt, despite the states not economically viable, the tax will be massive.

I stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by nabiz(m): 8:07am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:

States like IMO, Kebbi, Zamfara, Osun will need to have 1000% increase to break-even, meaning despite this, they won't still make profile from tax, while the most viable state like Bayelsa will have at least 200% increase to break-even, it is not rocket science to know that at least 30 states will go bankrupt.

the allocation is little fair. But it is not about surviving it. It is about doing the right thing. Every state need to work. We have to discourage this feeding bottle system. Necessity is the mother of invention. All state in Nigeria have what it takes to survive. They need to go to work

1 Like

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
that can never happen, the states will take at least a decade to get back on their feet cos people will run away from the states when inflation bites
You're wrong about all this. Well, is just your opinion.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 8:09am On Sep 28, 2021
Brimstone77:
at the bolded...

I no you will surely ask this,it have become a national anthem to you one nigerianists..
Am I suppose to ask ur body count?

You use dollars does that make you an American citizen??
We dont use dollar in Nigeria, we use Naira, were u living under a rock?

For documents with Nigerian nationality well I have burnt them all because it's of no use...

Including my passport...so chill.
liar
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 28, 2021
udemzyudex:

Yes you're right.

Only states like Borno state dealing with insecurity issue go really struggle.

The rest will adjust.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
some states are economically more viable than others, and therefore could generate massive tax easily even if VAT price is very low. Others states doesn't have this advantage and to keep up with their spending, taxation will be disproportionately increased, this will also affect inter-state commerce with different tax values, some states will definitely go bankrupt, despite the states not economically viable, the tax will be massive.

I stand to be corrected

What of the income shared from oil money Nigeria earns from sale of crude oil, taxes from companies, stamp duty income etc etc?
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 8:14am On Sep 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Yes you're right.

Only states like Borno state dealing with insecurity issue go really struggle.

The rest will adjust.
before that adjustment, people will run away from the state due to massive inflation, whether they are ready to come back or not is a different story.

Now its not about adjustment, its about competing with states like Lagos and Rivers in VAT because u can't just wake up and sign VAT bill but a VAT that can favour inter state commerce

1 Like

Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by richmond500: 8:17am On Sep 28, 2021
kmcutez:

What of the income shared from oil money Nigeria earns from sale of crude oil, taxes from companies, stamp duty income etc etc?
VAT is not a production tax, but terminal tax which is paid by the ultimate consumer.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 28, 2021
richmond500:
before that adjustment, people will run away from the state due to massive inflation, whether they are ready to come back or not is a different story.

Now its not about adjustment, its about competing with states like Lagos and Rivers in VAT because u can't just wake up and sign VAT bill but a VAT that can favour inter state commerce
Why will a state like Osun be competing with Lagos in VAT without considering the purchasing power of the people of Osun state? Is so foolish to think states will increase there VATs rate In a ridiculous way. That of the FG own is about 7.6%, Lagos own is not up to 7%, that of Rivers state is about 7.5%, Ogun state is about to pass their own VAT bill, and I can assure you that it won't be more than 7.6%. there are even some things like fertilizer that are exempted from VAT payment.
Re: No be to shout VAT! VAT!! Will your state survive VAT? by Lastmankc(m): 8:20am On Sep 28, 2021
Behold your poverty

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North React To Tinubu Saga / Monday Sit-at-home: Soludo Meets IPOB Leadership / Nigeria Labour Congress Issues Warning To Inec(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.