Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 (18428 Views)

Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions / Fashola: APC Will Win 2023 Election / 2023: There Is No Zoning Agreement In APC – Yahaya Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by shegra58: 9:47am On Nov 25, 2020
Yenefer:
Please equity demands that South Eastern Nigeria should be given a chance.
South East want Biafra not presidency kiss
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by Sleekfingers: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2020
Bendeco2020:
These S.west politicians are really greedy o...... 2023 presidential ticket is coming to S.east whether they like it or not.

i dont bloody care where the next president is from......

My question is ,under which political party? Because i am darn sure Apc wont give the southeast the ticket.......pdp is just toying with the southeast......i think southeast got a better chance in pdp....

My problem with the southeast is they dont know exactly what they really want......they need to really work on their politics......they got zero knowledge about politics.......the only politics they seems to understand is sentiments

2 Likes

Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by QuotaSystem: 10:05am On Nov 25, 2020
Limitless72:

The Igbos don't hate the APC
They hate Buhari
There's a difference

The Northerners and SW in APC don't hate Igbos.

They hate Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB and his piglets who have done nothing but hate and attack them. That's why they'll never be allowed near power under any guise.

There's a difference.
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by Naajjii: 10:36am On Nov 25, 2020
TGM2015:

Rochas actually contested for the fun of contesting and to proof to his people that APC is not a Muslim and Fulani party. He didn't even campaign or lobby. He just collected the form, fill it, submitted it and went to bed.
Then a northerner will also contest in 2023 for fun and to show people that APC is not a southern neither is it a party for Igbo and yoruba people

1 Like

Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by Limitless72(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2020
QuotaSystem:

They hate Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB and his piglets who have done nothing but hate and attack them. That's why they'll never be allowed near power under any guise.

There's a difference.

K
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by mrugly: 10:45am On Nov 25, 2020
mannyiyke:

How many votes did the Yorubas give the PDP, yet Obasanjo became the president in the PDP?

Ekwueme played a pivotal role in the founding and sustenance of the PDP in 1999, but Obasanjo came right from prison and became the president.

Yorubas hated the PDP, yet Obasanjo was made president by the PDP.

You Yorubas are extremely greedy, and that's your undoing!

In 1999, everybody had a clean hand, because, democracy was about returning to Nigeria after 29years, so new political parties were formed (as at then, nobody knows who, which region will follow).

2. Then, there was an agreed consensus then, that the president must come from the yorubas (this was done to compensate the yorubas for the June 12 election cancellation) meanwhile in the case of APC, when it was newly formed, everybody too has a clean hand to join the APC but you refused and tagged those Ibos who joined APC as not the true sons of Ibo land and in the 2015 election, you gave APC a vote that is less than 200,000 in the whole eastern region(Abia gave him a total votes of 13, 394, Anambra gave him a total votes of 17,926, Ebonyi gave him 19,518, Enugu gave him a total votes of 14,157 and Imo gave him a total votes of 133,253) and while in the 2019 election, despite the president's promise to you people that if you vote for him, the next man to run for the presidency in APC will be an Ibo man, you people still refused to vote for him. Common you people are now expecting them to give you the presidential ticket. Have you forgotten the adage? You will reap what you sow in both APC and PDP. You have a good chance in PDP and you a bad chance in APC

1 Like

Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by NSK4U(m): 12:31pm On Nov 25, 2020
thatsleepboy1:
I'll say it over and over again.
2023 is not for the Igbos to occupy that seat which will cause political tension and heighten the threat of secession even from the elites.

I completely agree with you �%

Let power return to the North since no other region is eligible and ready for it in 2023
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by NSK4U(m): 12:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
QuotaSystem:

There's a difference.

Thank you my brother, let's all support northern president come 2023.
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by Dijita: 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
mannyiyke:

Ekwueme was one of the key founders of the PDP. In fact, he was the major founder of the PDP from the South. Equity demanded that he should have been made president by the PDP, yet a man straight from the prison called Obasanjo was handed the presidential ticket. Where was equity in that? How many votes or supports did the Yorubas give the PDP for this?

Okorocha, Amaechi, Ngige and Ogbonnia Onu played key roles in the formation of the APC. In fact, Okorocha gave the party the name it bears, yet you believe that the Igbos shouldn't be given the chance in the APC.

I can see that you Yorubas are extremely greedy.

No there was no equity in giving Obasanjo the PDP ticket when he was not part of the founder.

This is the problem with some of you guys from the SE you keep abusing other tribe when you are having discussion. How did calling Yorubas extremely greedy add value to your discussion?

1 Like

Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by akdjr(m): 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
Very true just like an Ibo can never become Nigeria president.
ggood:
Tinubu can never be president
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by mannyiyke: 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
Dijita:
[/b]

How did calling Yorubas extremely greedy add value to your discussion?

Why do you Yorubas want the post of the president again if you people are not greedy?
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by mannyiyke: 2:22pm On Nov 25, 2020
mrugly:

In 1999, everybody had a clean hand, because, democracy was about returning to Nigeria after 29years, so new political parties were formed (as at then, nobody knows who, which region will follow).

2. Then, there was an agreed consensus then, that the president must come from the yorubas (this was done to compensate the yorubas for the June 12 election cancellation) meanwhile in the case of APC, when it was newly formed, everybody too has a clean hand to join the APC but you refused and tagged those Ibos who joined APC as not the true sons of Ibo land and in the 2015 election, you gave APC a vote that is less than 200,000 in the whole eastern region(Abia gave him a total votes of 13, 394, Anambra gave him a total votes of 17,926, Ebonyi gave him 19,518, Enugu gave him a total votes of 14,157 and Imo gave him a total votes of 133,253) and while in the 2019 election, despite the president's promise to you people that if you vote for him, the next man to run for the presidency in APC will be an Ibo man, you people still refused to vote for him. Common you people are now expecting them to give you the presidential ticket. Have you forgotten the adage? You will reap what you sow in both APC and PDP. You have a good chance in PDP and you a bad chance in APC

How many votes did Yorubas give the PDP in 1999, since in your warped narrative, everybody had clean hands in 1999? Name the key Yoruba personalities that helped to found the PDP?

You're untruthful to believe that everyone must vote for Buhari even when he didn't perform? Is that how democracy is run? Even most Yorubas didn't vote for him in 2019.

If it's by the votes cast, Obasanjo couldn't have been president in the PDP, because few Yorubas voted for the PDP in 1999. In fact, all the South Western governors in 1999 were from the AD, unlike what happened in 2015 when the APC produced a governor in the South East. So, you just rendered an unreasonable analysis here.

Juxtapose the votes garnered by the PDP in the South West in 1999 and that scored by the APC in the South East in 2015, and then tell me which was more?

The important thing is that important Igbo sons were among the people that formed the APC. Tinubu didn't form it alone. So, whether Igbos voted for the party in 2015 is meaningless, since Igbo sons were among the key founders of the APC, and the APC got votes in the South East courtesy of the Igbo sons in the APC, just as the PDP got few votes in the South West in 1999 courtesy of Yoruba sons in the PDP then.

You even listed the votes got by the APC in Igboland in 2015. No matter how small the votes were, the important thing is that some Igbos voted for him. It's still the same way few North Westerners voted for Jonathan then.

Moreover, more Igbos joined the APC after 2015 just as more Yorubas joined the PDP after 1999.
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by Olisehinnocent: 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2020
marsman:
Fashola no suppose shaleye too much, the North won't keep the power, they need the country together,The power won't go to the east, They are too small and tiny to even be noticed.
Don't underestimate South East. They are like rope holding Nigeria. The worst mistake the North can do is zoning the presidency to another geopolitical zone. That will be the end of Nigeria. Even the northerners know that.
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by Ori12: 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
No Igbo man hates BIAFRA republic unless we want to.lie.
Interprete d rest by urselves
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by NSK4U(m): 4:03pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sleekfingers:

i dont bloody care where the next president is from......

My question is ,under which political party? Because i am darn sure Apc wont give the southeast the ticket.......pdp is just toying with the southeast......i think southeast got a better chance in pdp....

My problem with the southeast is they dont know exactly what they really want......they need to really work on their politics......they got zero knowledge about politics.......the only politics they seems to understand is sentiments

I agree with you

The North understands politics, the south is better with Western education and business, therefore let each tribe focus on what they know how to do best, so I think the north should retain power in 2023
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by QuotaSystem: 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2020
NSK4U:

Thank you my brother, let's all support northern president come 2023.

Lol that's definitely not your decision to make.
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 25, 2020
It has always been 'a deal'. Democracy is non-existent in 9ja.
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by djon78(m): 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
mannyiyke:

What did they work for? Amaechi, Okorocha, Ngige and Ogbonnia Onu worked for the enthronement of Buhari. It wasn't Tinubu alone that did it.

Ekwueme and other Igbos worked hard for the PDP in 1999, but Obasanjo came straight from prison and became the president, even when he received a zero support from the South West.

No mind this people
There eyes go clear by 2022
Chances of getting the president in 2023 goes according to this progression

1st chance North: they own and understand Nigerian politics more than any other region.

2nd chance: South East. They may be compensated for 2023 with the likes of Governor Umahi a tested and accepted performer

3rd chance: South South the likes of Rotimi Amechi, GEJ have chance to be considered

The South West don't even have any chance in 2023. They have utilised 8 years presidency and vice presidency
So they have no chance.
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by Dijita: 4:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
mannyiyke:

Why do you Yorubas want the post of the president again if you people are not greedy?

First and foremost I personally don't care who is Nigeria president. I care more about good governance. Yoruba president is not going to change the quality of my life but good governance will.
Secondly you seems to be concern about what the Yoruba want and forget to think strategically
Finally, do you really think calling Yorubas name is going to help the Igbos achieve their desire to win the presidency?
Do you really think if PDP zone the presidency to the North and the APC zone the presidency to the SE APC will win the election? There are two scenario that I see for the SE to win 2023 presidency.
A. Both party candidate come from the SE
B. APC zone the presidency to the north and PDP produce a SE candidate. The SW most likely will vote PDP in protest. However you guys are jeopardizing that scenario by calling Yoruba and other tribe names and abusing them. Politics is a game of number you cannot win by making permanent enemies of the other two major tribes in Nigeria.
When Yaradua died and the north wanted to rog shot over Jonathan the SW voted for him because people know what is fair is fair. You can't be insulting people and expect people to vote for your candidate
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by marsman: 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2020
Olisehinnocent:

Don't underestimate South East. They are like rope holding Nigeria. The worst mistake the North can do is zoning the presidency to another geopolitical zone. That will be the end of Nigeria. Even the northerners know that.
Actually that is the south west. The south east has being trying to break from this One Naija from time immemorial. God bless you
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by TinubuGoQuench(f): 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2020
tamdun:
Some people just realised that there's a party called apc after voting pdp all their lives, these people are not even fighting for ticket in PDP but they want apc to give them what they don't deserve

WILL YOU SHUT UP THERE!!!

TINUBU IS A CRIMINAL
SANWO OLU IS A USELESS PUPPET
FASHOLA IS A STUPID IDIOT
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by eeetuk(m): 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2020

"There was a deal to shift power to S/West after Buhari – Chieftain
"

I disagree.
A deal to shift power from one geopolitical zone to another is not consistent with democracy practice anywhere on earth.

Power shift is determined by voters through ballots boxes.

So anyone who wants to become the president of Nigeria should speak to voters
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by shiwex: 7:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
Any one that leaves his house to go and vote for either PDP or APC is really a fool........
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by mrugly: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2020
mannyiyke:

How many votes did Yorubas give the PDP in 1999, since in your warped narrative, everybody had clean hands in 1999? Name the key Yoruba personalities that helped to found the PDP?

Democracy returned afresh in 1999 and at that time, nobody can be certain of who will win the election and the party must present candidates and the two parties presented yorubas(how will PDP know before hand that the southwest will vote for AD?) Since they are newly formed.

Bros you have common sense, use it.

mannyiyke:

You're untruthful to believe that everyone must vote for Buhari even when he didn't perform? Is that how democracy is run? Even most Yorubas didn't vote for him in 2019.

How of the six states in southwest, APC won 4 states. So where did you see most yorubas didn't vote for APC?

At the end of the day, you sha want the APC to give you the presidential ticket? You can have it and see what will happen in the election
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by Salvador1: 11:28pm On Nov 25, 2020
Gentile man agreement kee u there.
Greedy set of people.
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by NSK4U(m): 8:34am On Nov 26, 2020
QuotaSystem:

Lol that's definitely not your decision to make.

I have decided already and I hope you save this post to remember it after 2023.
South East president
or
Northern president in 2023 is non negotiable.
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by mannyiyke: 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2020
mrugly:

Democracy returned afresh in 1999 and at that time, nobody can be certain of who will win the election and the party must present candidates and the two parties presented yorubas(how will PDP know before hand that the southwest will vote for AD?) Since they are newly formed.

Bros you have common sense, use it.

How of the six states in southwest, APC won 4 states. So where did you see most yorubas didn't vote for APC?

At the end of the day, you sha want the APC to give you the presidential ticket? You can have it and see what will happen in the election

You just blabbed. The South West preferred the AD to the PDP. Ekwueme sacrificed his ambition to see that Obasanjo became the standard bearer of the PDP despite the fact that the South West preferred the AD.

Use common sense.

2019 presidential election was rigged. Most Yorubas didn't vote for Buhari in 2019. The same scenario played out in Lagos where Tinubu used thugs to disenfranchise Igbo voters.
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by mannyiyke: 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dijita:

First and foremost I personally don't care who is Nigeria president. I care more about good governance. Yoruba president is not going to change the quality of my life but good governance will.
Secondly you seems to be concern about what the Yoruba want and forget to think strategically
Finally, do you really think calling Yorubas name is going to help the Igbos achieve their desire to win the presidency?
Do you really think if PDP zone the presidency to the North and the APC zone the presidency to the SE APC will win the election? There are two scenario that I see for the SE to win 2023 presidency.
A. Both party candidate come from the SE
B. APC zone the presidency to the north and PDP produce a SE candidate. The SW most likely will vote PDP in protest. However you guys are jeopardizing that scenario by calling Yoruba and other tribe names and abusing them. Politics is a game of number you cannot win by making permanent enemies of the other two major tribes in Nigeria.
When Yaradua died and the north wanted to rog shot over Jonathan the SW voted for him because people know what is fair is fair. You can't be insulting people and expect people to vote for your candidate

An Igbo son, Ekwueme, was instrumental in Obasanjo becoming the president. Igbos also voted overwhelmingly for him. Now, you people have begun to covet the post even when the SE hasn't had its turn. That's greed. There's no insult in that. That's just the truth.
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by mrugly: 9:30am On Nov 30, 2020
mannyiyke:

You just blabbed. The South West preferred the AD to the PDP. Ekwueme sacrificed his ambition to see that Obasanjo became the standard bearer of the PDP despite the fact that the South West preferred the AD.

Use common sense.

2019 presidential election was rigged. Most Yorubas didn't vote for Buhari in 2019. The same scenario played out in Lagos where Tinubu used thugs to disenfranchise Igbo voters.

Thunder fire you if you quote me again
Re: Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 by AsawanaDgreat: 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2020
Instead of facing our security challenges,you useless politicians are talking about zoning. God will judge you all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Took Over Nigeria Railway’s Land –wike / Boko Haram Likely To Attack Lagos & Ibadan - AOKOYA / IGP Says Police Is The Least Corrupt Of All Nigerian Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.