Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions (28290 Views)

President Tinubu Appeals To Apc Senators-elect To Abide By APC Zoning / El-Rufai Kicks Against Zoning Of Leadership Positions, Says 'It's Absurd' / PDP Adopts Plan B, Plans To Hijack Incoming NASS Leadership, Nabena (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by ijustdey: 4:54pm On May 10, 2023
* Makes case for North-Central, North-East

Governor of Ondo State and chairman of South-West Governors’ Forum, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, has faulted the zoning arrangement of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for the offices presiding officers of the 10th National Assembly, describing it as a “skewed arrangement that reinforces injustice and enhances inequity.

Akeredolu, in a statement personally issued in Akure, the Ondo State capital on Wednesday, noted that the intentions and motives of the zoning formula represent early signs of steps aimed at attempts to cabin the hard-earned Presidency for our Leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by a few individuals with eyes on Aso Rock Power Buttons.”

The governor disclosed that it is trite to aver, that, it stands logic on the head that one geo-political zone, Northwest in this regard, will be favoured with two presiding officers positions out of four while North Central suffers the consequences for its innocence and shrewd loyalty by having none.”

According to Akeredolu, “the move to zone the National Assembly leadership positions on the behest of interested personalities with perceived closeness to the President-elect manifesting, lays the dangerous foundation of distrust, needless suspicion even as it structures nothing but a combination of booby traps. We must avoid all these.”

While saying that it was an insidious permutation that North-East will be deprived in the face of the unsavory generosity dispensed through two slots to a particular geo-political zone, Akeredolu noted that it is also self-repudiating for one to argue, therefore, that the Speaker of the House of Representatives cannot also emerge from the North-East.

Let the North play a stronger, more robust, and all-inclusive role in the emergence of the positions zoned to the region, especially the Speakership.

“Furthermore, it strikes a huge ingratitude that the role of the Progressive Governors Forum appears unimportant. As leaders of the Party in their respective States, there cannot be a greater disservice to them that a consensus was yet to be reached when the NWC hurriedly released a dangerous tool for the opposition in the guise of a zoning formula. To me, even on this note, it’s unacceptable.

“Does it not also exude a serious discomfort that the aspirants to the Speakership were not consulted, approached, and effectively engaged before the purported zoning formula? It does, and so.

“It is in this regard that I salute the courage of the Speakership aspirants for their show of solidarity, companionship, and applaudable love for the Party in their rejection, resentment, and objection to the brazenly teleguided zoning arrangement that is skewed and targeted against some zones and identified individuals.

“Their action is commendable just as they are urged to ensure they pursue this to a logical conclusion. This is an unworkable arrangement that reinforces injustice and enhances inequity, and I join them in rejecting this zoning formula.

I call on the NWC of our great Party to follow the path of purity and Justice. It is perhaps expedient that Mr. President-elect interrogates this skewed arrangement and gives direction that reflects our collective commitment to equality and fairness.

“In this particular case, and to avoid a repeat of untoward situations, it is advised that the APC NWC immediately summons the National Executive Committee (NEC)after robust National Caucus/Stakeholders parley to agree on terms that would strengthen our great Party,” the governor stated.

https://leadership.ng/just-in-akeredolu-rubbishes-apc-zoning-of-10th-nass-leadership-positions/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by silvoclaira: 4:55pm On May 10, 2023
I still commend the 8th Senate

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by dgmoni123(m): 4:57pm On May 10, 2023
What's this one saying cool

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Exc2000: 5:02pm On May 10, 2023
cool

Aketi now fighting for NorthCentral and NorthWest

Wawuuu

Politics !!!

In other for NorthCentral, Nassrawa to keep APC Chairmanship , and Gov Solomon Lalong of Platuea eyeing SGF

Abdullahi Adamu APC chairman must zone;

South South must get Senate Presidency
NorthWest must get Speakership

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Acekidc4(m): 5:05pm On May 10, 2023
Aketi is fighting for his Personal Interest.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Jennymine(f): 5:09pm On May 10, 2023
Wow
Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Shalommy(f): 5:13pm On May 10, 2023
And will all these shits stop the zoning? Shey na only Afon...,ja dey naija. Go@t!. Chaii undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Melagros(m): 5:26pm On May 10, 2023
When his so called godfather 'the drug niggarr' is a beneficiary of zoning
Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by slivertongue: 5:36pm On May 10, 2023
the move to zone the National Assembly leadership positions on the behest of interested personalities with perceived closeness to the President-elect manifesting, lays the dangerous foundation of distrust, needless suspicion even as it structures nothing but a combination of booby traps. We must avoid all these.”

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Krublog(m): 7:09pm On May 10, 2023
grin
Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by 001Lagos: 7:09pm On May 10, 2023
Even the yorubas don't agree among themselves

Tinubu supporters will call this man betrayer or Igbo now
Just watch

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by nepapole(m): 7:11pm On May 10, 2023
Politics is shit
Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Kingsize4eva(m): 7:11pm On May 10, 2023
All of una na the same
Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Exc2000: 7:11pm On May 10, 2023
001Lagos:

Just watch

Aketi's Imo State wife wrote this unbehalf of arakunrin aketi

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by magoo10(m): 7:11pm On May 10, 2023
This is not democracy
the same people that couldn't choose a presidential candidate for apc primaries and stand by it want to choose house leadership that will represent Nigerians.

Why should a party be zoning offices of national assembly members made up of various political parties.

Are they saying the house members are not capable of choosing leaders who reflect the will of the Nigerian people.

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Bunnatex(m): 7:12pm On May 10, 2023
Anything that prevents the likes of Orji Uzo Kalu and Dave Umahi from taking the Senate president position.
Please note I'm Igbo but I hate it when this selfish politicians play the tribal card for their own selfish desires.
Orji Uzo Kalu once said that Muslim Muslim ticket is good for Presidency but for his own selfish desires he'd faulting a Muslim senate president.
Same as Dave Umahi who was calling for competency and not zoning for Presidency only to start playing tribal card to achieve his selfish desire if being Senate president.

I'm Obedient and I await fervently on the recovery of our mandate, however, I refuse to allow myself to be clouded by the petty sentiments sold by these old men. I don't care if the president, vice and senate president are all Muslims, Christians or traditional believers. I don't care if all of them comes from the same state, geopolitical zone or tribe.
All I want is a working nation where there's social justice, equity and ample opportunities for all.

Had APC choose Osibanjo as their candidate, I'd have voted for him.
Had even Tinubu contested maybe 10 years ago, maybe I'll vote for him...

That being said, God bless Nigeria as we hope to elope one day

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by success2me(f): 7:12pm On May 10, 2023
dgmoni123:
What's this one saying cool
😁😁😁😁😁
Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Atarakpa: 7:12pm On May 10, 2023
Time will tell
Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by meum: 7:12pm On May 10, 2023
When E no favour dem dem go rubbish am.

As much as I feel the legislature should be independent, if the members of the senate & House of Representatives want the leaders selected for them so be it!

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:13pm On May 10, 2023
Obi will recover his mandate and send all these slowpoke.s winning.

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by OAFMods: 7:13pm On May 10, 2023
Obi Pandora the looting saint over to your band dimwit you call followers

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Penguin2: 7:15pm On May 10, 2023
OAFMods:
Obi Pandora the looting saint over to your band dimwit you call followers

Lol

Is everything alright with you sir?

Because this news is about Akeredolu (APC) criticizing APC. What brought Obi to it?

Abi you dey see Obi for dream?

6 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 10, 2023
Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by tiswell(m): 7:18pm On May 10, 2023
Aketi is one of the few reasonable yoruba leaders alive

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by diplomat058(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2023
001Lagos:

Just watch

Yoruba live rent free in your ipob brain

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by IpobAntidote: 7:20pm On May 10, 2023
K

21 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Rubbishes APC Zoning Of 10th NASS Leadership Positions by Patrioticman007(m): 7:20pm On May 10, 2023
Judas Iscariot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IBB Returns Home After 7-week Medical Trip / Buhari’s Video Attacking Shagari Resurfaces / No Igbo Man Can Win Presidency In 2023: Orji Kalu Writes Off Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.