Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,690 members, 7,955,593 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:05 AM

Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths (17762 Views)

First Nigerian-Made Ventilator To Be Unveiled By Ogbonnaya Onu, Today / Aregbesola: American Prisoners Earn Higher Than Nigerian Workers / Why Does Ogbonnaya Onu Wear The Same Attire To Public Events? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Islie: 8:33am On Nov 25, 2020
The Minister of Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, has observed that crude oil and other natural resources are valued more than the lives and potentials of Nigerian youths.

Dr Onu made this divulgence on Tuesday at the book launch of the former Minister of Education, Professor Tunde Adeniran, titled: “Africa’s Security Challenges In The 21st Century; Power, Principles and Praxis in Global Politics”.

According to the Minister: ‘Nigeria is endowed with very intelligent youths. They are a national asset rather than a curse and this asset needs to be converted for the economic benefits of the country.

‘Unfortunately, today, natural resources such as crude oil and minerals, are more appreciated and valued than our youths. These resources do not add up to the value which the youths can bring. Our youths have tremendous potentials that need to be encouraged.’

Dr Onu added that science, technology and innovation have the capacity to educate and provide youths with the skills they need to bring out their potentials, while describing the author, Prof. Adeniran, as ‘a star that guides people to shine.’

Speaking at the event, the Chairman of Tertiary Education Trust Fund, Alhaji Kashim Ibrahim-Imam, lamented over the increasing number of insecurity cases in the country, describing the situation as ‘a tragic story to tell and a nightmare.’

Also speaking at the event, the former Governor of Ekiti State, Chief Olusegun Adebayo, acknowledged insecurity as a threat to governance, while he appeals to the government to handle it more seriously.

‘Insecurity is a disaster to any government, including Nigeria, but if we commit more time and strategies to it, we will bring it to submission.’

However, the book reviewer, Professor Jideofor Adibe, a publisher of professional journals, noted that the book deserves to have a place in every library.

He said: ‘I see it as a reference source and not just a book. Another point is that it is a very detailed examination of the sources and drivers of security concerns in Africa with contextual and historical discussions on each driver,’ adding that ‘the book approaches history from a strictly African perspective.’

In his closing remarks, the President of the Nigerian Folklore Society (NFS), Dr Bukar Usman, spoke passionately about the unity of Nigeria, insisting that the government and all citizens must do all they can to endure that the country does not break up.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/crude-oil-others-more-valued-than-nigerian-youths-minister/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by techmo(m): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2020
cool

This one sef one contest 2023 APC primaries... They are now releasing nonsense epistle

Well he isn't a bad candidate, highly cerebral, he has been with ANPP since 1999, and a founding member of APC

To his assertion , youth can only be valuable to the economy when Electricity is 100% everywhere even in rural areas, when Ajaokuta steel complex turn Nigeria to a steel based economy

I have marveled at Bola Ahmed Tinubu's colloquium speeches and how he understands Nigeria's problem and complexity, I have always loved Professor Osinbajo's depth on the real issues battling Nigeria when he speaks, I have heard Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, Nasir Elrufai speak , I listened to Uche Ogah too and I can tell you this men have the solution to Nigerian pyramid of complex problems

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Yenefer(f): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2020
Welcome to capitalism

3 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 25, 2020
noted
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Sammy07: 8:40am On Nov 25, 2020
Lol.

I wanted to blast this man straight judging with the topic.

but I read the content, then restrain my blasting.

And BTW, as a minister of science and technology what has his ministry done to improve science and technology ni Nigeria
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by HandmadeD: 8:43am On Nov 25, 2020
I wake of each morning asking God what crime I have committed to be a Nigerian

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by donbachi(m): 8:43am On Nov 25, 2020
"Crude oil"...cow is even valued more than the youths.

42 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by 9jayes: 9:19am On Nov 25, 2020
See finishing,

God I don't want to blame you for making a Nigerian all I'm asking for is to pick my call let me be a Elon Musk of my time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Standing5(m): 9:19am On Nov 25, 2020
Somebody beat me to the cow comparison. They have more value than humans generally in the eyes of our ancestors in power.

In economics of serious nation, they depend on the youth and their work to add value to raw mineral before they export it. Good example is cocoa being turned to chocolate and candy or crude into petrol & diesel.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Oblongata: 9:20am On Nov 25, 2020
See this man?

COWS are more valuable than Nigerian youths!

11 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by pickatyou2: 9:20am On Nov 25, 2020
Let me read to understand first

You have a point but I smell political undertone.

I know say calculations and permutations for 2023 don commence already.

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Tonyspecial(m): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2020
Do Nigerian youths value themselves?

2 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by joinpreneur(m): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2020
Everyone's at will to hope, that's not a crime or wrong. The moment you start to believe all hope is right to hope is the biggest mistake ever. Hoping Nigeria will be better under the formation of these old fools sincerely is complete waste of time. The sad of it all, some Nigerians will still vote and rig them in outrightly come 2023.
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by nairaman66(m): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2020
Crude oil, minerals and cows!

Useless government

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by dejiolaniyan(m): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2020
Must bloggers come up with confusing headlines all the time? You prioritize your click more than stability of your country? The nation is heated up already and everybody is pissed RN.

6 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by IamFINESSE: 9:21am On Nov 25, 2020
grin
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by naijadrivablog: 9:22am On Nov 25, 2020
Too bad!
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Starboytwo(m): 9:22am On Nov 25, 2020
Before nko?

However, why he be say na only for "event" "book launch" etc Dem dey talk better something, as in something wey get sense, but if Dem reach their office na only scam and allowance Dem Sabi... All na wash, all na to sell book... Wahray people..

8 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by paulolee(m): 9:22am On Nov 25, 2020
chaaaai.....dts wat we all know n noo need to remind us...come dis 2023 jus gather the crude oil n minerals to vote for u guys since dey gat more value than d youths..
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by crossfm: 9:22am On Nov 25, 2020
Oga we are still waiting for the pencil you promised us.Don't think we have forgotten.

We are not surprised, you can't give what you don't have.

7 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by omenka(m): 9:22am On Nov 25, 2020
Some headlines ehn!

He says:

‘Unfortunately, today, natural resources such as crude oil and minerals, are more appreciated and valued than our youths. These resources do not add up to the value which the youths can bring. Our youths have tremendous potentials that need to be encouraged.’

Now, the paper could have used any of the portions in bold for the headline, but no, they wont, that wouldn't attract the clicks they desire from potential readers. So they had to use the other portion which is very misleading on the surface, looking as though THAT IS WHAT HE FEELS ABOUT NIGERIAN YOUTHS.

Little wonder some of these papers never make it beyond the shores of the country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by IJOBA2: 9:22am On Nov 25, 2020
techmo:
cool

This one sef one contest 2023 APC primaries... They are now releasing nonsense epistle

Well he isn't a bad candidate, he has been with ANPP since 1999, and a founding member of APC

To his assertion , youth can only be valuable to the economy when Electricity is 100% everywhere even in rural areas, when Ajaokuta steel complex turn Nigeria to a steel based economy

IS HE MAKING ANY SENSE undecided
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by jojofola: 9:23am On Nov 25, 2020
Like you are not part of the people who brought this present Admin into power!

U sef dey find clout??

1 Like

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by SoftP(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2020
Ram,
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Karleb(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2020
Actually, Cattles and palliatives are valued more than an average Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 25, 2020
HandmadeD:
I wake of each morning asking God what crime I have committed to be a Nigerian

because, u r sinner in ur previous life. Nigeria is hell on earth . this is my revelation to you
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Liposure: 9:23am On Nov 25, 2020
where did we get it all wrong
Re: Ogbonnaya Onu: Crude Oil & Minerals Are Valued More Than Nigerian Youths by Sonnobax15(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2020
shocked. Not surprised one bit.....

An average Nigerian is a potential thief once he's given any mantle to be above others....No misgiving on the fact that our leaders have so much placed values on things that wouldn't matter on their death bed.......

But lemme tell us something-"karma is gonna dish out meals to every single man depending on how well he served his purpose here on earth....you and I can't and won't escape it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: We Must Unite PDP First Before Uniting Nigeria - Atiku / This Is Not Big Brother Naija: INEC, APC, Tinubu Oppose Live Proceedings / Bandits Now “fighting For Allah” Like Boko Haram – Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.