Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,058 members, 7,866,985 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

What Should I Do To Prevent Diabetes Mellitus? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Should I Do To Prevent Diabetes Mellitus? (143 Views)

Stop Taking Too Much Of This Food To Prevent Diabetes / Alpha Meta Cures Diabetes Mellitus, Cancer And Stroke. / 12 Signs Of Diabetes Mellitus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do To Prevent Diabetes Mellitus? by doksblog(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2020
Diabetes Mellitus is a disease that is endemic in so many countries around the world. What was previously a disease of the developed world has made its way through the small towns and villages of our country.

This can be attributed to improved standards of living, access to food coupled with changes in lifestyle in terms choice of food/physical activities as we have become more developed.

Diabetes Mellitus is defined as a fasting glucose level of ≥126 mg/dl, random glucose of ≥200mg/dl or hba1c of ≥6.5. Prediabetes is defined as fasting glucose 100-125mg/dl or hba1c of 5.7 to 6.4.

The constant presence of high glucose levels leads to inflammation and thus induces changes in blood vessels both large and microscopic ones.

This predisposes to heart attacks, strokes, circulatory problems in legs, kidney, neuropathy and retinal complications.

These complications of diabetes start at prediabetic stage. It is hence important to prevent diabetes by identification of prediabetes also and start aggressive lifestyle changes.

Hence, the diagnosis of prediabetes is a very important one, although it is ignored by patients/medical practitioners alike. Women with gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy) and Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) are at increased risk of developing diabetes.

What Should I Do To Prevent Diabetes Mellitus?......

https://doksblog.com/what-should-i-do-to-prevent-diabetes-mellitus/

(1) (Reply)

How To Nurse Your Body After Suffering From Prostatitis Suddenly? / Lets Service Your Body / Battling With Acne, Acne Dark Spots And Other Skin Problems?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.