Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Have You Ever Been Involved In Jungle Justice? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Involved In Jungle Justice? (367 Views)

Police Declared 'Ikanda' Wanted, N1Million Reward Involved.Photos / (video) Jungle-justice. Two Women Burnt To Death For Kidnapping / Jungle Justice On Armed Robbers Caught In Anambra State (Graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Involved In Jungle Justice? by elRamani(m): 2:16pm On Nov 25, 2020
How do you feel when a person accused of stealing or caught in any other crime is getting brutalized right in your presence, do you join them or watch from a safe distance or simply walk away?

My friend and I were driving around town today and we drove past a NIMC registration centre, it happened to be the place we registered for our National ID five years ago, surprisingly what came to his mind first was the scene we watched right in front of the compound where an alleged thief was beaten to death, coincidentally, we have both been traumatized by that horrible experience of watching a fellow human die in such horrible manner, I have never and would never partake in dishing out jungle justice to anyone, even if i was affected directly by such crime allegedly committed, i don't even have the courage to stand and watch anymore since that day.

So tell us if you have ever dished out jungle justice to anyone, or you cheered the mob on, or you interceded for the alleged criminal, or if there is any justification for jungle justice which often times result in death
Re: Have You Ever Been Involved In Jungle Justice? by Authoreety: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2020
Since I cnt create life.., then, why would I?
Re: Have You Ever Been Involved In Jungle Justice? by Buziness101: 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
I had the experience Last year December... I hope sharing it here will add to the help in fighting the trauma...

27th dec 2019 my cousin came to the house and told me he's expecting money from someone in lybia... So he asked that I should Help receive the money with my account so that the transfer will be made on this note...

Fast forward I agreed... 100k sent... I saw the alert went to bank... But on my way back... I branched to bet house and lost all the money while trying to make more...

Summoned courage to go home still even at the cost of knowing what night happen to me... When I got home... It was a long story.. but short of it was that I told the waiting crowd the truth but because my enemies where there... They turned it against me and even when I pleaded that I will pay back the money the next day... They insisted on beating me...

They beat the living day light out of me on the grounds that I stole the money... But in all I was pleased I still managed to come back home that day and face my challenges.

Next morning someone helped me and sent 100k to pay back the money wch I did and before 8am the guy got his money back.

I lost my phone dt night... Hd bruises all over my body... Got injured in the eye... But healed now.
In all I still thank God I was not killed dt night by the enemies of my family .

If u read this please don't ever do the mistake of using someone else's money to play bet... The risk is high and may result to something u never wished for ever in your life. If u must play bet play with your money.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Involved In Jungle Justice? by OnyeOhuu: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2020
No, but I have received general beating 2 times.

It's the worst thing you'll ever experience, you will try to give up your life but can't, you will wish to just die immediately or disappear but can't.

When I was very young, we used to play one particular type of football with my friends, the game is... if someone plays the ball and it passes between your legs, you have to run and touch one particular tree or wall to free yourself from beating by many people, if you don't make it and someone grabs you, then you're finished for that day, they will beat you until you pass out.

The game was so bad that it caused many troubles and they banned it.
Re: Have You Ever Been Involved In Jungle Justice? by Greatzeus(m): 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
No I haven't and never will. I believe criminals should pay for the choices they made to go into crime,but only after they have been declared by the court of law as guilty, having had opportunity to defend themselves.
Re: Have You Ever Been Involved In Jungle Justice? by Praxis758: 6:37am On Nov 26, 2020
God forbid. I'll never stoop so low to engage in such.

Bitterness of heart, lack of trust in the legal system and failure on the path of the security agents and ignorance are the catalysts of jungle justice.
Re: Have You Ever Been Involved In Jungle Justice? by Aladdin1(m): 7:38am On Nov 26, 2020
[quote author=Buziness101 post=96432387]I had the experience Last year December... I hope sharing it here will add to the help in fighting the trauma...

27th dec 2019 my cousin came to the house and told me he's expecting money from someone in lybia... So he asked that I should Help receive the money with my account so that the transfer will be made on this note...

Fast forward I agreed... 100k sent... I saw the alert went to bank... But on my way back... I branched to bet house and lost all the money while trying to make more...

Summoned courage to go home still even at the cost of knowing what night happen to me... When I got home... It was a long story.. but short of it was that I told the waiting crowd the truth but because my enemies where there... They turned it against me and even when I pleaded that I will pay back the money the next day... They insisted on beating me...

Oga your is not jungle justice but justice deserved.

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Lecturer’s Wife For Allegedly Killing Husband In Bayelsa Read Mor / Teenager Fakes Own Kidnap With Lover, Demands N30m From Family / Self Acclaimed Pastor, Timothy Ngwu Impregnates 20 Members Of His Church In Enug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.