Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo (475 Views)

My Defection To APC Is Not Finance-Related - Femi Fani-Kayode To Seun Okinbaloye / Umahi: Fani-Kayode Is A Liar, He Played No Role In My Defection To APC / How Tinubu, Oshiomhole And Balarabe Musa Stopped My Defection - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo by deantimes(m): 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2020
Elisha Abbo, senator representing Adamawa North senatorial district has defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressive Congress (APC).

His defection was announced at the floor of the Nigerian Senate today during plenary. Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, read the letter wherein Mr Abbo notified of his colleagues of his decision to join the ruling party.

“Thus, in living up to the expectation of the good people of Adamawa North Senatorial District, I hereby defect from the PDP to the APC with effect from today being Wednesday, the 25th day of November, 2020,” part of the statement read.

The lawmaker, when asked why he left the opposition party, said his ambition to become governor and the internal crisis in the party whom he accused the state governor, Ahmadu Fintri, of causing, necessitated his decision.

“If there is no crisis, how do you have another party in the PDP? There is a crisis in the party in Adamawa State and the governor is the cause of the crisis. He is insecure,” Abbo, who made headline last year for assaulting a lady in Abuja, told journalist after plenary.

“I cannot be overwhelmed because I know how hard I fought to bring Governor Fintiri to power. Go and check the record, I am not boasting. I am the main man that fought to bring Fintiri to power.

“My local government, Mubi North, is the second most populous in the state. The outgoing governor of Adamawa State is from Mubi North. I am the PDP there. Every PDP steward is from Mubi North, yet they couldn’t defeat me. I defeated all of them because I moved with the grassroots.

“If anyone is saying he is more powerful than me, then let 2023 come, we will meet them there. One thing about elections is that today, people are becoming wiser and wiser.

“So, to answer you, the governor did not defeat me. The governor did not chase me out. I actually gave way so that I will go and take his seat from him,” he said.

His defection comes weeks after the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) High Court in Maitama ordered him to pay N50 million as compensation to Osimibibra Warmate, the lady he assaulted in 2019.

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/my-governorship-ambition-reason-for-my-defection-from-pdp-to-apc-senator-abbo/
Re: My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo by deantimes(m): 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nigerian politicians are known for political prostitution.
Re: My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo by SadiqBabaSani: 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
How Popular is Elijah Abbo
Re: My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo by kolafolabi(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2020
Political prostitutes are rampant in Nigeria. He dare not try that in the United State of America
Re: My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo by deantimes(m): 7:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
lalasticlala
Re: My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo by Ifesinachi22(m): 7:52pm On Nov 25, 2020
This sadist will lose woefully
Re: My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo by Noblechykk(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2020
His reason is more honorable than that of Umahi.
Re: My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo by etrouble: 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
A gay wants to rule Adamawa,

A woman beater wants to be governor
Re: My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2020
Good reasons for leaving
Re: My Governorship Ambition Reason For My Defection From PDP To APC: Senator Abbo by Emyzoloye5(m): 8:56pm On Nov 25, 2020
see somebody atiku picked from the gutters and installed him as a Senator....

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Status Of Buhari's Siemen's Electricity Deal? / Insecurity: Nigeria Is In Serious Trouble– Tony Momoh / No Difference Between OPC And Eastern Security Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.