Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:16 AM

Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? (3338 Views)

Invest In This Marwa Shared Business In Lagos / Investing On Land Or Buying A Car For Uber: Which Is The Better? / Mini Buses & Marwa Hire purchase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by gnss(m): 7:36pm On Nov 25, 2020
Hello Everyone ,Please I need an Advise ,I Lost my Job and during my working days I already saved my money by investing on Land ,Right now I want to sell some of the Land to Raise fund and invest in Transport Business ,I intend driving it myself on a very smooth Road in my Area ,Which of it is better ,Suzuki Mini Bus called Korope or Marwa ? is anyone in the Business ? Please Comment
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by 2special(m): 7:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
korope is better
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by Slimfeez(m): 7:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
gnss:
Hello Everyone ,Please I need an Advise ,I Lost my Job and during my working days I already saved my money by investing on Land ,Right now I want to sell some of the Land to Raise fund and invest in Transport Business ,I intend driving it myself on a very smooth Road in my Area ,Which of it is better ,Suzuki Mini Bus called Korope or Marwa ? is anyone in the Business ? Please Comment
.... Same mindset man, I will advise you go for korope, 7/8 passengers, kindly chat me on zero eight zero 69150847, let relate man
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by gnss(m): 7:53pm On Nov 25, 2020
Slimfeez:
.... Same mindset man, I will advise you go for korope, 7/8 passengers, kindly chat me on zero eight zero 69150847, let relate man
. Okay ...
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by gnss(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2020
2special:
korope is better
Thanks so much ...

1 Like

Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by tosbobby(m): 5:45am On Nov 26, 2020
Mini importantion is also a good business bro
You might not even need to sell your land before starting
gnss:
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by gnss(m): 6:46am On Nov 26, 2020
tosbobby:
Mini importantion is also a good business bro
You might not even need to sell your land before starting
.Hello Sir ,Can you Tell me more ,I am sending you a pm here on Nairaland .Thanks .
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by Succhris: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2020
gnss:

Korope is better. You could as well look into forex trading and get 8-10% monthly
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by Wickedfact: 7:24am On Nov 26, 2020
Succhris:

Korope is better. You could as well look into forex trading and get 8-10% monthly

You mean he should give his money to these scammers running ponzi schemes and calling it forex.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by Succhris: 7:41am On Nov 26, 2020
Wickedfact:

You mean he should give his money to these scammers running ponzi schemes and calling it forex.

Technically, forex is not a ponzi scheme. Ask real traders
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by Wickedfact: 7:44am On Nov 26, 2020
Succhris:

Real traders don't offer 8-10% per month. Anyone who offers you 10% per month and claims it is forex is a scammer.

4 Likes

Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by seproperties(m): 7:49am On Nov 26, 2020
gnss:
. The Decision to buy Korope and use it for Transportation is not a Bad Idea sir , Be careful of going into A Business that you won't be in Control of ,The Mini Importation requires Placing orders ,Waiting for your Goods to Arrive ,Doing Marketing to sell ,Bla bla bla ,All these Forex forex thing whereby you will entrust your money to someone to Trade for you and you will begin to rely on them to give you Positive feed backs of Profit returns ,How about if it goes Sour ? You are not in Charge .There is no Business without a Risk though but this Korope Transport Business gives you the right to be yourself CEO ,You are the Accountant , Maintainance is done by you ,You are not doing any Marketing ,there is already Customers waiting which are Passengers ,Most Importantly you have even chosen a good and smooth Road ,that would make your Korope to Last Long .Oga Selling ones Property to get money is a very hard Decision ,so the money should not be used Gambling at all .Do a business that you are in Charge fully .Finnaly You must have the Attitude of Saving Money Daily ,Maintainance money as well ,Avoid Extravagant Life and be Disciplined ,Not a rough driver .Withing short time ,U go Laugh even buy another one ....Cheers

8 Likes

Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by deewhydoski(m): 7:56am On Nov 26, 2020
gnss:
.Hello Sir ,Can you Tell me more ,I am sending you a pm here on Nairaland .Thanks .
Bro, seproperties has spoken well please follow his advice.. Just focus on ur Korope transport business since u are d one to drive it.. No mini importation no forex, just focus on ur transport business. I will wish u best of luck bro

5 Likes

Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by nitoriolohun(m): 10:16am On Nov 26, 2020
I will advise none as long as you want to keep ur sanity. Let me ask you few question,
Are u married ? What are your expectations on returns driving the said korope ? How long do you actually intend driving the korope if you settle for one ? If you can answer this I think I can help you with first hand experience.
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by gnss(m): 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
nitoriolohun:
I will advise none as long as you want to keep ur sanity. Let me ask you few question,
Are u married ? What are your expectations on returns driving the said korope ? How long do you actually intend driving the korope if you settle for one ? If you can answer this I think I can help you with first hand experience.
. Thanks so much for your Question .A man that intend to go for the Work of a Football Refferee knows that he has to use a whistle ,Has the Ability to run from Goal Post to another and engage the Players as well .In every working Environment either Public or Private ,You deal with People ,Large or Few ,One does not have to work as a Transporter before loosing one Sanity ,Even as a Trader in a very Popular Market if you are not Careful and enduring ,You loose your Sanity ,A Bank Cashier ,A Customer Relation officer dealing with all manners of People both Crazy/ mad ,Ill-mannered and Well behaved people is a human being too ...The work of relating with Passengers ,Enter with Ur Change shouting yet some will still enter ,Men in Uniform refusing to Pay ,Some enter and want to short pay ,The Agberos Money Factor ,Some would enter and start begging U there is no money to pay scenario etc ...Police Harrasments are well Known ,I have been a Passenger myself for many years and I know how a Well mentally stable man can have His Sanity Affected somehow .Secondly I wouldn't know how the Area of been Married would affect this , On expectations on Driving ,I am not Anticipating any Greedy Magic from it ,In every Venture ,There are Cost of Running ,Expenses/ Expenditures Returns / Profits ....I do not think at the end of the day after Paying Agberos/ Parks Money ,buy Fuel and other Miscellaneous ,I won't be able able to have some Monies Left for saving ...I don't think so ...I do not Womanize ,I don't drink ,I don't Patronise beer Parlours ,I don't Klub ,I am not an expensive Fashion Freak ,I do not belong to any Social Gathering that requires Buying of Owanbe clothes etc and my wife does fine in her Business ,Very Understanding .Well I have seen two or three guys riding Marwa not even Korope ,Marwa with just 4 Passengers ,Korope is 7 passengers ,They are doing well and Fine ,Two even bought extra one each to give out .Tell me of one business that does not have one or two Discouraging Experience ? I have talked to different people privately from the Forum and they have been Helpful .Done feasibility studies as well and still Learning .I already have a house of my own so I am not running Helter Skelter to build House ,My wife has a Car of her Own . Soonest I shall be completing a Course on a Skill which I will start to make a Production from ,Even the Apartment to.make such Productions is owned by me Thanks .

2 Likes

Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by nitoriolohun(m): 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2020
gnss:
. Thanks so much for your Question .A man that intend to go for the Work of a Football Refferee knows that he has to use a whistle ,Has the Ability to run from Goal Post to another and engage the Players as well .In every working Environment either Public or Private ,You deal with People ,Large or Few ,One does not have to work as a Transporter before loosing one Sanity ,Even as a Trader in a very Popular Market if you are not Careful and enduring ,You loose your Sanity ,A Bank Cashier ,A Customer Relation officer dealing with all manners of People both Crazy/ mad ,Ill-mannered and Well behaved people is a human being too ...The work of relating with Passengers ,Enter with Ur Change shouting yet some will still enter ,Men in Uniform refusing to Pay ,Some enter and want to short pay ,The Agberos Money Factor ,Some would enter and start begging U there is no money to pay scenario etc ...Police Harrasments are well Known ,I have been a Passenger myself for many years and I know how a Well mentally stable man can have His Sanity Affected somehow .Secondly I wouldn't know how the Area of been Married would affect this , On expectations on Driving ,I am not Anticipating any Greedy Magic from it ,In every Venture ,There are Cost of Running ,Expenses/ Expenditures Returns / Profits ....I do not think at the end of the day after Paying Agberos/ Parks Money ,buy Fuel and other Miscellaneous ,I won't be able able to have some Monies Left for saving ...I don't think so ...I do not Womanize ,I don't drink ,I don't Patronise beer Parlours ,I don't Klub ,I am not an expensive Fashion Freak ,I do not belong to any Social Gathering that requires Buying of Owanbe clothes etc and my wife does fine in her Business ,Very Understanding .Well I have seen two or three guys riding Marwa not even Korope ,Marwa with just 4 Passengers ,Korope is 7 passengers ,They are doing well and Fine ,Two even bought extra one each to give out .Tell me of one business that does not have one or two Discouraging Experience ? I have talked to different people privately from the Forum and they have been Helpful .Done feasibility studies as well and still Learning .I already have a house of my own so I am not running Helter Skelter to build House ,My wife has a Car of her Own . Soonest I shall be completing a Course on a Skill which I will start to make a Production from ,Even the Apartment to.make such Productions is owned by me Thanks .
Smiles . I love your analysis abt being a referee and how prepared one ought to be.
I expected you to allow me explain better to you but I see someone who is determined and ready to concur so I wish you luck
It's nice knowing you own personal properties but I blive you will understand me later. Cheers and I wish you success in your new hustle !!!
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by seproperties(m): 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
nitoriolohun:

Smiles . I love your analysis abt being a referee and how prepared one ought to be.
I expected you to allow me explain better to you but I see someone who is determined and ready to concur so I wish you luck
It's nice knowing you own personal properties but I blive you will understand me later. Cheers and I wish you success in your new hustle !!!
. Sir , can you explain better ,The Op is not the only one on here ,there are others that want to Learn what we don't know , Probably you have had some Unpleasant Experience that others could learn from ... Knowledge they say has no Limit ...There are others too who is having such interest and could learn from you .
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by dan761(m): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
gnss:
. @ op the main purpose of your thread is to know which one ,Korope or Marwa is Better to buy for Transportation .To me I will advise you go for Mini Bus called Korope ...That Aside ...Bear in Mind that there is no Business full of bed of Roses ,No single Business in the World ,No matter how Attractive ,Easy ,Profit it could be ...Every business comes with a Risk and Challenges ,Do not be deceived by anyone ,Risk and Challenges can be different .Even the Man sitting in the Comfort of His Air-conditioned office just using only Pen has His own Administrative Challenges .I have seen some People Goes onto Transportation Business ,Drives Korope or Marwa themselves and made good savings ,Even built a House ,I have as well seen some spend money on Runs Girl ,Patronises bear Parlours and live Irresponsible Lives no Savings ...The Key word is remain Focused ,Thank God You said you are Setting something up for your Skill meaning you may not spend so many Years in the Transport Business .Good- Luck .
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by dan761(m): 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
nitoriolohun:

. God Bless U sir ...I humbly ask as well to tell us the things that the op is likely to Understand later .It would Help others just as it's mentioned above.
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by nitoriolohun(m): 4:55pm On Nov 26, 2020
dan761:
. God Bless U sir ...I humbly ask as well to tell us the things that the op is likely to Understand later .It would Help others just as it's mentioned above.

Let me buttress my view about this korope/Marwa stuffs, I walked the lane and I understand everything about it to default because I own a mini bus (korope) myself.

To be honest the idea sounds nice but not like a place in Lagos anymore. Nurtw people are doing more harm and no good with their levies , imagine paying about 3500 daily to those agberos aside the one seat payment on every trip.
More people are coming into it because they see it as a very fast way to make money and hence there's congestion and everyone will av to share passengers
The rate at which traffic is occurring now is scary and as a result of this how many trips can u make a day to cover agbero, fuel and save for maintenance and your ROI(Return on investment).
Dnt also forget buying tokunbo motor is luck . If you dnt know anything about korope those guys will sweet talk you into buying automatic turbo and that will be the genesis of the wahala
Not every mechanic is good at it but they won't tell you and you will get frustrated when korope start it's wahala.
You will see money but you will later realized the energy you invest and the resources is more than the money you are realizing.
To mention fuel is now 170 per liter and u will be trapped in the traffic and the passenger will ginger you to take one way creating menace so you can meet up for other trips and realize money but the day ur village people will grace the occasion is the day you will jam taskforce.

Let me dnt even go to where you start finding it difficult to feed after you must have been drained by those monsters and the stress will definitely tell on you.

Driving is stressful with korope because you carry few people ,if you are thinking of those 20 plus passenger it's a cool deal if you can make just two trips and get ur time involved with something else

Korope is abt 1.2 million now and that's a huge money so not think of other business or skill that can give you cool returns witout all the headaches the mini bus will give
I still make use of my korope(smiles) mostly weekends for chatter for owambe things and I take it to work anyday I feel I'm strong enough to battle hold up and I pick passengers to and fro.
If you have any area you want more information abt and I didn't mention or not so clear hit me I will be more than ready to share . Shalom !!!

3 Likes

Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by dan761(m): 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
@ nitoriolorun ... You are a Man with good heart at least for sharing an experience so others could Learn ...Actually when I saw the thread I decided to Learn as well because I have a Junior one too who have been Unemployed for so long ,Manages a Teaching Job with a very Low Income...and I have been Contemplating on venturing into that as well .He can drive well and he has been using my Car during weekends to Hustle .Back to some Points U made ....1 : Traffic : How about Plying a well Tared Road Routes with Very Low Traffic Tendencies....2: Automatic Turbo ...What do you mean by this ? I found out that Manual are more Expensive than Automatic why is this so ,Automatic Vehicles should be more Expensive but in the case of Korope it seems not to be so . Probably Automatic are not as strong as Manual ,My thought though ....3: Good Mechanic : Are there Special Mechanic For Korope ? I anticipate your further brotherly Advise
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by nitoriolohun(m): 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
dan761:
@ nitoriolorun ... You are a Man with good heart at least for sharing an experience so others could Learn ...Actually when I saw the thread I decided to Learn as well because I have a Junior one too who have been Unemployed for so long ,Manages a Teaching Job with a very Low Income...and I have been Contemplating on venturing into that as well .He can drive well and he has been using my Car during weekends to Hustle .Back to some Points U made ....1 : Traffic : How about Plying a well Tared Road Routes with Very Low Traffic Tendencies....2: Automatic Turbo ...What do you mean by this ? I found out that Manual are more Expensive than Automatic why is this so ,Automatic Vehicles should be more Expensive but in the case of Korope it seems not to be so . Probably Automatic are not as strong as Manual ,My thought though ....3: Good Mechanic : Are there Special Mechanic For Korope ? I anticipate your further brotherly Advise

Smiles only God is good we are only trying to watch each others back
TBH, hustling with car is better (Uber ) when I was into the business full time I actually wanted to get a car and start the Uber stuffs atlst to cut away the agbero people but damn I was just fed up with the driving thing.

Yes manual is more expensive and I will advise anyone who want to venture into such to go for manual because auto gives headache. Turbo is a kind of engine and it runs faster than the normal belt or chain engine. Turbo has speed but it makes the bus smoke faster and hence different problems

Yes there are mechanics who are so specialised in fixing korope as well as rewires . Those bad ones really dealt with me but thank God he came to my rescue .

My take, driving korope is not a too good idea and for your brother you can help him get a skill and with time he will be making money frm it with peace of mind .

That was my escape route I learnt a skill and I'm picking up and I av peace of mind. Sincerely I still use the korope to work but it's just for chatter or I drive it to work and pick passengers early in the morning and late in the evening and I still make some token .
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by Sicilyjoe: 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
If u can get good mini bus is fine, but keke is new
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by dan761(m): 9:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
nitoriolohun:

Smiles only God is good we are only trying to watch each others back
TBH, hustling with car is better (Uber ) when I was into the business full time I actually wanted to get a car and start the Uber stuffs atlst to cut away the agbero people but damn I was just fed up with the driving thing.

Yes manual is more expensive and I will advise anyone who want to venture into such to go for manual because auto gives headache. Turbo is a kind of engine and it runs faster than the normal belt or chain engine. Turbo has speed but it makes the bus smoke faster and hence different problems

Yes there are mechanics who are so specialised in fixing korope as well as rewires . Those bad ones really dealt with me but thank God he came to my rescue .

My take, driving korope is not a too good idea and for your brother you can help him get a skill and with time he will be making money frm it with peace of mind .

That was my escape route I learnt a skill and I'm picking up and I av peace of mind. Sincerely I still use the korope to work but it's just for chatter or I drive it to work and pick passengers early in the morning and late in the evening and I still make some token .
. Thanks ,My brother I will go for the Mini Korope Bus .He has Already learnt 2 Skills All na story ...Naija is not easy ...Thanks for your Advise though .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by Exoclassic: 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2020
Are you scared of being scammed, goods lost, uncompleted goods etc, we are ready to buy for you from China top notched online mobile market; Alibaba, Aliexpress, 1688 and Taobao.

Be rest assured of constant customers feedback and good attention when you transact with us. All your questions/inquiries shall be perfectly answered. We don't ignore our customers, instead we give them prompt feedback about their goods till it gets to Nigeria. Contact with us and you shall forever want to transact more.

Call/Chat/WhatsApp us https:///message/XB6PA2KFI5M3I1 telegram@/link4889
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by Maggiespecial(f): 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
nitoriolohun:

Let me buttress my view about this korope/Marwa stuffs, I walked the lane and I understand everything about it to default because I own a mini bus (korope) myself.

To be honest the idea sounds nice but not like a place in Lagos anymore. Nurtw people are doing more harm and no good with their levies , imagine paying about 3500 daily to those agberos aside the one seat payment on every trip.
More people are coming into it because they see it as a very fast way to make money and hence there's congestion and everyone will av to share passengers
The rate at which traffic is occurring now is scary and as a result of this how many trips can u make a day to cover agbero, fuel and save for maintenance and your ROI(Return on investment).
Dnt also forget buying tokunbo motor is luck . If you dnt know anything about korope those guys will sweet talk you into buying automatic turbo and that will be the genesis of the wahala
Not every mechanic is good at it but they won't tell you and you will get frustrated when korope start it's wahala.
You will see money but you will later realized the energy you invest and the resources is more than the money you are realizing.
To mention fuel is now 170 per liter and u will be trapped in the traffic and the passenger will ginger you to take one way creating menace so you can meet up for other trips and realize money but the day ur village people will grace the occasion is the day you will jam taskforce.

Let me dnt even go to where you start finding it difficult to feed after you must have been drained by those monsters and the stress will definitely tell on you.

Driving is stressful with korope because you carry few people ,if you are thinking of those 20 plus passenger it's a cool deal if you can make just two trips and get ur time involved with something else

Korope is abt 1.2 million now and that's a huge money so not think of other business or skill that can give you cool returns witout all the headaches the mini bus will give
I still make use of my korope(smiles) mostly weekends for chatter for owambe things and I take it to work anyday I feel I'm strong enough to battle hold up and I pick passengers to and fro.
If you have any area you want more information abt and I didn't mention or not so clear hit me I will be more than ready to share . Shalom !!!

Sorry to disturb you
I want to go into that business, so which one do you advise I buy
Automatic or Manual or which other type do you know that won't give me any issue atleast in the first 2 years
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by house10s: 3:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
Succhris:

technically 90% of them are scammers cause dey just eating d money n claiming market is down.

best he put him hand into something physical.
n also alot claiming forex trader dont even know what its bout, dey collect money from u.

oyo
Re: Buying A Suzuki Mini Bus Called Korope Or Marwa? by Gkemz: 7:27am On Nov 16, 2021
Maggiespecial:

Sorry to disturb you
I want to go into that business, so which one do you advise I buy
Automatic or Manual or which other type do you know that won't give me any issue atleast in the first 2 years

If you can operate manual gear, go for manual for full control and less fuel consumption... Daihatsu hijet preferably.
Most people complain that traffic congestion makes manual driving difficult. But it's not true once you get used to it. The only challenge of manual is having to stop and move hunting for passengers but you'd soon get used to it.
Automatic drive was made for the disabled or for private car users who seek for comfort. But in this field of transportation, there's no room for comfort.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stop wasting data. Get paid by Facebook / Achieve Financial Freedom Within 3 Months. (serious Minded Investors Only) / Start Making #20,000 - #30,000 Weekly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.