Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years (1053 Views)

Tafari Campbell: Body Of Barack Obama's Missing Personal Chef Found In A Pond / Michelle Obama Describes Her Family's Daily Routine During Coronavirus Lockdown / Barack & Michelle Obama Buy Martha's Vineyard Mansion For $11.75 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2020
Early Days

The former POTUS and FLOTUS first met in 1989, while they worked together at a Chicago-based law firm. Michelle, who was also a Harvard Law alumna, was assigned to be his mentor.

3 Likes

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2020
Power Couple
Their first date consisted of a long walk, the Chicago Art Institute and, of course, ice cream. Obama said in a 20th anniversary video, "I offered to buy her ice cream. And then bought her some chocolate ice cream. And I think that is what put her over the top. That’s where she said, 'This guy knows how to treat a woman.' That was our first kiss!" The pair have been #CoupleGoals ever since.

1 Like

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2020
Saying 'I Do'
After getting engaged in 1991, the pair wed in Chicago on Oct. 3, 1992.

1 Like

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2020
Forever Kind of Love
Michelle wrote of her husband and their wedding day on Instagram, "You can’t tell it from this photo, but Barack woke up on our wedding day in October, 1992 with a nasty head cold. Somehow, by the time I met him at the altar, it had miraculously disappeared and we ended up dancing almost all night. Twenty five years later, we’re still having fun, while also doing the hard work to build our partnership and support each other as individuals. I can’t imagine going on this wild ride with anybody else." Michelle Obama

2 Likes

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
Finishing Touches
Even senators need a hand every now and then! In 2004, Michelle fixed her husband's tie before he gave a keynote address in Chicago. Charles Ommanney/Getty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
True Love's Kiss
According to Michelle, "Barack didn’t pledge riches, only a life that would be interesting. On that promise he delivered."

1 Like

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
She's Got His Back
In 2008, when he was still just a presidential hopeful, a proud Michelle hugged her husband on the campaign trail.

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:44pm On Nov 25, 2020
Say Cheese!
These two even manage to make campaigning look fun! Joe Raedle

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by adadike(f): 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sweetest couple of all time
Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by dawnomike(m): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
She has always been in the picture...
Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
Team Players
The couple fist bumped in 2008 at a campaign rally after Barack became the official nominee for the Democratic party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
The First Couple
The pair had their first dance as President and First Lady when Barack Obama was inaugurated in 2009.

1 Like

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
He Only Has Eyes for Her
After the 2009 Inaugural Ball, the Obamas look the elevator straight to Cloud Nine, and this photo is proof!

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
Roll Out
Needless to say, the pair rolled into their next eight years in style

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
P.D.A.: Presidential Display of Affection
In 2009, Barack hugged his wife while in the Red Room of the White House — which is also where they gave their last interview to PEOPLE as POTUS and FLOTUS in 2016.

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2020
Taking a Spin
The pair danced together at their second Inaugural Ball in 2013, smiling like two kids in love. Chip S

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:53pm On Nov 25, 2020
Lots of Laughs
Barack told Marie Claire in 2008 about his wife's best qualities. "Anybody who knows her well knows she's got the best sense of humor of anyone you'd ever want to meet," he said of Michelle. "She's the most quintessentially American person I know ... She's just a wonderfully normal, levelheaded person. Any American woman who meets her would immediately identify her as a fellow traveler."

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2020
Always There
Even the leader of the free world needs a helping hand every now and then.

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:55pm On Nov 25, 2020
The Look of Love
Get someone who looks at you the way that Barack looks at Michelle

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:56pm On Nov 25, 2020
Hype Man
Even as the President of the United States, Barack knows that his wife is always the star! "There's no doubt I'm a better man having spent time with Michelle," he told Vogue in 2013, "I would never say that Michelle's a better woman, but I will say she's a little more patient." Chip

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:58pm On Nov 25, 2020
Saying Goodbye
Barack gave his wife a kiss as they left the White House in January 2017.

2 Likes

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Mercisharelove(f): 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
Rock Solid
After leaving the White House, the pair went on a vacation to Joshua Tree, and "pushed" around this big boulder. Fitting, considering Barack has called Michelle his rock. He told Oprah Winfrey in 2011, "Obviously I couldn't have done anything that I've done without Michelle. Not only has she been a great first lady, she is just my rock. I count on her in so many ways every single day."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Rugaria: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nice photos... So?
Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by dollytino4real(f): 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
they look more like brother and sister
Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by decatalyst(m): 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2020
dollytino4real:
they look more like brother and sister

The care, respect for each other and the love is genuine.

Michelle has always supported her man and never wanted to steal the attention from him.
Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Okoroawusa: 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
Wow!

Now I am jealous
Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Lordswazz(m): 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
They seem quite close.
Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by josh123(m): 10:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
O lord I need a woman that will understand me and have the same vision like me. A good woman is hard to find in nigeria, most of them na gossip, urgent 2k, money, slaying, snapping pictures, and bleaching full their brain. You will hardly find girls who is willing to start at the foundation with u
Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2020
BARRACK OBAMA HAS BECOME A GOD TO ME THESE PAST MONTHS. I LITERALLY WORSHIP HIM.

Mercisharelove are you Jewish? You look like Obama's wife.
Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by bjtinz: 11:05pm On Nov 25, 2020
Sweet couple.
Re: The Sweetest Photos Of Barack And Michelle Obama Through The Years by dollytino4real(f): 11:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
decatalyst:

The care, respect for each other and the love is genuine.

Michelle has always supported her man and never wanted to steal the attention from him.
yes o! they look like dis movie actress and actor ' London has falling'

(1) (Reply)

How Russian President Putin Survived Assassination Attempt / Ukraine: Abandoned Russian Pantsir S-1anti-aircraft Gun Worth About $13 Million / Olympics Girl Is London 'riot Mascot"! Unthinkable!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.