Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' (30558 Views)

Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe / I Am Alive - Yakubu Gowon denies death rumours / Afenifere Never Issued Us Query Of Allegation, Says Suspended Spokesperson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Godbless3(m): 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
What i can say is that Nigerians will put decency to a man they love and criminalise the one they hate.
As far as coup and counter coup was the onus in this country, then decency has no place in their names.
Nigeria is a fail nation. Just like Abacha loot is still stack somewhere, so as every previous/current leaders.
I can't say Gowon didn't loot or he looted but i can say none of them holy.

1 Like

Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by rossniti: 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2020
SavageResponse:

Trump is covered by Immunity while he's president. When he leaves office he can be sued if he knowingly lied against anyone and the person feels aggrieved enough to take legal action against him.

You're defending someone who opened his dirty buccal cavity to tell the world that Nigeria's problem is not how to make money but how to spend it!

Between you and I who is truly in slavery?!

Gowon has a lot of money and can afford to hire a Queen's Counsel grade lawyer in the UK - Let him sue if feels aggrieved.

I can swear with the last Kobo in my account that he will never sue, he will just do the initial gra gra corrupt African leaders are known for then wait for the whole matter to die down.

In the unlikely event that he sues dem go open him nyash so tey even you go stand for middle of Ikorodu Road swear for am for helping to plunder the resources of the country.

Donkey, does it occur to you that they could falsify evidence against him if he sues, just to keep themselves in the right?

How hard can it be to claim such and such billions passed through his account to the Cayman Islands or something?

No use una brain. It's there for decoration.
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by techstack: 2:24pm On Nov 26, 2020
seunmsg:

The greed and ego of Ojukwu led to the civil war and the consequential deaths. War is not a tea party, it’s an act of bloody violence. Don’t declare war if you don’t want death. Enough said.

War is raw, its not child's play
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by bendike: 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
uptimum123:
He's one of the most honest and responsible elder statesman in Nigeria.

The member of the parliament in UK who said he stole half of CBN is just chasing clout and relevancy in the Nigerian space and only the ipob people will give him that.
What does he stand to gain? Clout?
As usual una must join igbo. If you guys don't mention ipob or igbo 1ce a day it's like your prick wount stand.
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by LoveLead044: 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
uptimum123:

Keep up with your rascality

Is there no transformer in your area? Try sniper with yogurt
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Ventrue: 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
YES GOWON IS RIGHT THE ACCUSATION IS RUBISH. LOOTING IN NIGERIA STARTED DURING OBASANJO REGIME AFTER THIS TWO TIMES PRESIDENT REPLACED MURITOLA MOHAMMED. OBASANJO AND DANJUMA INTRODUCED ASTRONOMIC LOOTING IN NIGERIA TAKEN TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL BY GEN. BABANGIDA AND GEN ABACHA.
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by dan761(m): 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
Godbless3:
What i can say is that Nigerians will put decency to a man they love and criminalise the one they hate.
As far as coup and counter coup was the onus in this country, then decency has no place in their names.
Nigeria is a fail nation. Just like Abacha loot is still stack somewhere, so as every previous/current leaders.
I can't say Gowon didn't loot or he looted but i can say none of them holy.
. U deserve a Medal
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by InvertedHammer: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
/
grin

Gowon: Yes. I stole half of the money in CBN.

Do people really expect this response? He said exactly what is expected of him. The fund cannot be gotten back even if he did.

/
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Kaymaxine(m): 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
uptimum123:
He's one of the most honest and responsible elder statesman in Nigeria.

The member of the parliament in UK who said he stole half of CBN is just chasing clout and relevancy in the Nigerian space and only the ipob people will give him that.
That what they know how to do best...PRETENCE!!!
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by bigtt76(f): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
The MP was talking in the nonsense cheesy

benjackugo:
"What The MP Said Is Rubbish"- Gowon Denies Fleeing Nigeria With ''Half of Central Bank"

https://www.thecable.ng/its-rubbish-gowon-reacts-to-accusation-of-looting-half-of-central-bank

Watch the viral controversial video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP1WhuRAkoA
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Shattuck(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
tot:
Foolish Nigerians will soon come and defend their politicians - yet 1960 till date, very little development - bad roads, bad healthcare, falling standards.
Hungry people aka BMC defending those that have fed fat on their commonwealth. Senselessness at its peak.

Same way Cameron the former Prime Minister referred to Nigerians as fantastically corrupt. You think they make such statements for talking sake? These guys know the depth of corruption in Nigeria even more than Nigerians.
while I may doubt the half of CBN claim, no doubt he also stole from the nation just like the rest of em, he can't claim to be man of integrity.
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by uptimum123(m): 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
LoveLead044:

Is there no transformer in your area? Try sniper with yogurt

Keep up with your diabolism

1 Like

Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by TIMSY111(m): 2:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
Despite the fact that I always support Biafra secession but blaming Gowon for ur greed & failure is baseless and totally rubish. I think is time for u guys to start looking for d betrayers within ipob.
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by tot(f): 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
Shattuck:
while I may doubt the half of CBN claim, no doubt he also stole from the nation just like the rest of em, he can't claim to be man of integrity.

Exactly. Past and present Nig politicians, very little difference.

1 Like

Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by colestephan86: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
benjackugo:
"What The MP Said Is Rubbish"- Gowon Denies Fleeing Nigeria With ''Half of Central Bank"

https://www.thecable.ng/its-rubbish-gowon-reacts-to-accusation-of-looting-half-of-central-bank

General Gowon ones said Nigeria is so rich that the only problem we have is how to spend the money.
He actually milked Nigeria, sadly we still have people sucking us dry today
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by colestephan86: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
benjackugo:

No Nigerian leader enjoyed Nigerian wealth like Gowon did
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Number1benue: 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2020
Samsimple:
But is it possible to loot half of CBN

check my signature

On the eve of the invasion of Iraq by USA to forcefully remove Sadam usain his brother stole if not all the raw cash in their central bank..........almost a billion dollars........

1 Like

Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
mariahAngel:
Gowon still is a handsome man. cheesy
so you like handsome men hmm
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Ezmans: 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2020
benjackugo:

they have been looting since 1960
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Number1benue: 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2020
stagger:

Go back and read my response and stop the "I know he wouldn't answer" talk. I am not the type to shy away from such challenges. I was already a child in the 70s when Gowon was in power so I know a lot about Nigeria's history from practical experience and not from story books or the grapevine.

There is nothing anybody can teach me or tell me about Nigeria's history that I do not know. Fact!

As for the other fool who was referring to me, I have no time for him. He is empty and has nothing to offer here in terms of intellectual discourse.

Can you indulge me pls I want to learn from you not wiki or nairaland
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Nigeriabiafra80: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2020
TimeManager:

Fact is ranting and gossip to Igbos who believed ojukwu had a building of food store from where he fed his soldiers during the war.

kiss the truth!
People fighting for survival and extermination ain’t thinking about food
Everything is not good ,indomie generation!!
So we should fold our hands and watch you kill igbos because of hatred then when we retaliate you start yarning okoto meow
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 26, 2020
Sylvaxxl1:
It's not possible for anyone to loot half of CBN. This goes to show how easy it is to deceive us
What about Robert Mugabe that looted Zimbabwe to such extent and sent away white farmers to reclaim indigenous land that crippled their economy?
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
Number1benue:

On the eve of the invasion of Iraq by USA to forcefully remove Sadam usain his brother stole if not all the raw cash in their central bank..........almost a billion dollars........
Abeg forget some nairalanders, Mugabe alone built an investment (it is a building of some sort of business) worth 2 billion dollars while his own country lack good health care and crippled economy.
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Reasoning(m): 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
sodiqapril:
What's with Nigerians and defending wicked leaders, ten years from now,you'll people will describe buhari as a legend and of the best things that happened to Nigeria. Under Gowon's command, a Red Cross plane carrying powdered milk & dry fish for starving children was shot down in 1969.

He perpetrated a blockade that condemned over a million Igbo children to death by starvation & you put "decency" in the same sentence with him?
This crude & blatant revisionism of history has to stop biko

Gowon is a war criminal, he didn't stop at victory, he sought humiliation, he had no rules of engagement, he was an extremely cruel man. No sugarcoating it.

Secession may be a crime but the punishment is not genocide
How can some people even support Gowon on this issue? Gowon might Left power with nothing but he is a USEEEE. After the war he gave the Igbo 20 pounds each to start all over again, where did the rest of the Igbo money went to? shocked if the Igbos could be This rich today with 20 pounds each to start all over again in the 70s, how rich would they have been during the 60s before the war started? Gowon is a war criminal!!! But a USEEEE. Before his eyes could open to see that he was used against his fellow Christians brothers (Igbos) he was overthrown with nothing as an ex military head of state. Now the UK is saying Gowon stole half of CBN money during his reign and some people are surprised. No Wanda Nigeria government scrap History in their Schools cool grin During Gowon he was used to turned some Missionaries schools into government schools. Today, some of those schools hardly a Christian becomes a Principal there. Thank God that he Spears Gowons life to see his folly then, and those that used him are now portrait as Saint. Because on this Case, surrogate Buhari and Abacha own na play.
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2020
You guys are funny.You think uk is Nigeria records just disappear or get destroyed.I dear Hime to file law suit against the guy.Did he not operate bank account then and made transfers.And you think they didn't see or have access to the record.Then his spending then when he was there and properties he acquired later..Why is common sense no longer common
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by brain54(m): 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Understand what is going on,
Gowon has played his part in keeping the British creation called Nigeria, (with a lot of bloodshed) he has surpassed his usefulness, during the Civil War, he was on every BBC interview, described as charismatic, even rode with their queen, they convinced him and fellow zombies that leaving a fictional country called Nigeria is enough to genocide whoever tries it, now, he is just another corrupt thieving Nigerian politician, the lowest of the lows that steals his nation's money and brings it to his colonial masters,
Think about it, how did Gowon and #Endsars tally? It was a deliberate mention but u have to be smart to understand,

Any lessons to be learnt here?
no!!! how does this relate to the question and allegation of did he steal half of cbn or not? seems yöu are having trouble with simple comprehension...
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by bizzibodi(m): 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
He meant to say IBB....I knew Gowon dnt like money.
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by streetsoldier1(m): 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
why the silence if British government isn't benefitting from the corruption
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
brain54:

no!!!

Lol understandable
You grew up with the name Gowon hammered into your head, it used to be part of the damn curriculum!
If a sitting president can look into our eyes and say Abacha never stole a dime, what silly questions are you asking? If he didn't steal, we should be able to see his projects tallying the country's income, that's the easiest way to tell corrupt government,
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by StaffofOrayan(m): 3:33pm On Nov 26, 2020
streetsoldier1:
why the silence if British government isn't benefitting from the corruption

Nigeria was created by them for that exact purpose, why asking naive questions?
Re: Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' by es144000: 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
sodiqapril:
What's with Nigerians and defending wicked leaders, ten years from now,you'll people will describe buhari as a legend and of the best things that happened to Nigeria. Under Gowon's command, a Red Cross plane carrying powdered milk & dry fish for starving children was shot down in 1969.

He perpetrated a blockade that condemned over a million Igbo children to death by starvation & you put "decency" in the same sentence with him?
This crude & blatant revisionism of history has to stop biko

Gowon is a war criminal, he didn't stop at victory, he sought humiliation, he had no rules of engagement, he was an extremely cruel man. No sugarcoating it.

Secession may be a crime but the punishment is not genocide
They are not talking about Biafra here and what he did or did not do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal / I’m Sad Adeleke Won On PDP Platform – Saraki / Orji Kalu Meets President Maduro Of Venezuela, The President tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.