Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria (44316 Views)

LASG Explains Parking Fees, Lady Who Accused Government Apologizes / Wike Donates N500 Million To Sokoto To Support Rebuilding Of Central Market / UK Parliament Accuse Gowon Of Looting CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
Agricaddict:

Nigerian politicians have been looting before the word "Looting" was formed
U are one of the few sane fellows out their

2 Likes

Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Let's not be emotional about this. Yakubu Gowon was in Ethiopia attending a meeting when he was overthrown. So how did he then move half of CBN? Did he come back to Nigeria to tell the new military govt to give him half of the CBN treasury? Impossible. Bring up your own "superior" logic.
The guy said the man LEFT NIGERIA with half of CBN money. Actually, Gowon went to the UK FROM ETHIOPIA after he learned of his ouster. So it doesn't add up.

MODIFIED: For all of you quoting me misunderstanding my logic, it's the lawmaker who didn't use the right words. He said Yakubu 'left Nigeria with half of CBN' meaning the looting was after he was overthrown and was done at once. He should have said "Yakubu stole half of the CBN while he was the head of state".

Na their language nah
We just dey borrow am
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by MJluv(f): 1:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
Kaiser20:

Delusions is when you believe anybody who's not a Nigerian has a fact.
Ask yourself in which country in the world have the corrupt Nigerian leaders deposited their large looted funds since 1960 the same UK.
You should be wondering: What does this British MP stand to gain by besmirching the name of a former Nigerian head of state? What does it profit him in putting himself on the line like this?

Unlike most of our so-called leaders here, the Europeans are very conscious of human rights. This man will not place himself on the line of fire without having unequivocal proof of his assertions because statements like the one he made can give rise to so many things, one of which is lawsuit for defamation of character or character assassination.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by Agricaddict(m): 1:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
tot:
Same way Cameron referred to Nigerians as fantastically corrupt. You think they make such statements for talking sake? These guys know the depth of corruption in Nigeria even more than Nigerians.

Even you who are talking are capable of looting the treasury if you had the chance
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by Mayng01(m): 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Let's not be emotional about this. Yakubu Gowon was in Ethiopia attending a meeting when he was overthrown. So how did he then move half of CBN? Did he come back to Nigeria to tell the new military govt to give him half of the CBN treasury? Impossible. Bring up your own "superior" logic.
The guy said the man LEFT NIGERIA with half of CBN money. Actually, Gowon went to the UK FROM ETHIOPIA after he learned of his ouster. So it doesn't add up.

MODIFIED: For all of you quoting me misunderstanding my logic, it's the lawmaker who didn't use the right words. He said Yakubu 'left Nigeria with half of CBN' meaning the looting was after he was overthrown and was done at once. He should have said "Yakubu stole half of the CBN while he was the head of state".
Ezmans is right
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by rossniti: 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
MJluv:
You should be wondering: What does this British MP stand to gain by besmirching the name of a former Nigerian head of state? What does it profit him in putting himself on the line like this?

Unlike most of our so-called leaders here, the Europeans are very conscious of human rights. This man will not place himself on the line of fire without having unequivocal proof of his assertions because statements like the one he made can give rise to so many things, one of which is lawsuit for defamation of character or character assassination.

Come on shut your dumb lips. Mumu.

Vouching for someone you've never heard of in your life merely because of their skin colour makes you an absolute DONKEY.

You're an utter disgrace to whoever gave birth to a donkey like you.

Look at a whole educated adult Nigerian saying "oh he must have all his facts right because he's a European."

Tufiakwa. Who did this to you people?
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by tot(f): 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
Agricaddict:

Even you who are talking are capable of looting the treasury if you had the chance

Yen yen yen. You can change your moniker to Lootingaddict if you want and then speak for yourself.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by Agricaddict(m): 1:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
tot:

Yen yen yen. You can change your moniker to Lootingaddict if you want and then speak for yourself.

We all know you who criticize looters, you only criticize them because you don't get your fair share, it's not like there is any difference between you and them
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by tot(f): 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
[s]
Agricaddict:

We all know you who criticize looters, you only criticize them because you don't get your fair share, it's not like there is any difference between you and them
[/s]
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by Okuda(m): 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
Coldie:

Yes

Are u

you are Igbo but you did not know why Ojukwu fought war with his people against Nigeria. because if you did, you would not tag him a war lord. If you care to know more about your history, I can send you some links so as to educate you, maybe, you can have a change or mind on why it was necessary to leave Nigeria. Dont be deceived, the war was brought to Biafra, Ojukwu did not instigate any war. he was defending his people.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by MJluv(f): 1:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
rossniti:

Come on shut your dumb lips. Mumu.

Vouching for someone you've never heard of in your life merely because of their skin colour makes you an absolute DONKEY.

You're an utter disgrace to whoever gave birth to a donkey like you.

Somebody in a position of authority has just told you to hold your fantastically corrupt politicians accountable for their financial misappropriations. Instead of you to call out the culprit, you're here foaming around the mouth like the rabid dog you are. keep it up. anuofia.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by Coldie(m): 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
Okuda:

you are Igbo but you did not know why Ojukwu fought war with his people against Nigeria. because if you did, you would not tag him a war lord. If you care to know more about your history, I can send you some links so as to educate you, maybe, you can have a change or mind on why it was necessary to leave Nigeria. Dont be deceived, the war was brought to Biafra, Ojukwu did not instigate any war. he was defending his people.
I know more about the war than u do, if I decide to say something it would seem as if we are washing our dirty linens outside
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by rossniti: 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
MJluv:
Somebody in a position of authority has just told you to hold your fantastically corrupt politicians accountable for their financial misappropriations. Instead of you to call out the culprit, you're here foaming around the mount like the rabid dog you are. keep it up. anuofia.

Donkey, British politicians are human beings. They tell lies like other humans and other politicians the world over. Your education was useless and counterproductive if all it takes is a different skin colour to have you trusting without evidence the words of another human.

Mumu.

I'm sure if a white man appeared in your house and accused your dad of being a child rapist, you would instantly believe him without evidence. "After all he is a European" in your words.

DONKEY.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
How old was this one when this so called looting took place? Let's not get emotional our internal problems are ours only to solve.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by eagleu: 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:

Poorly educated Nigerians fighting with semantics, confusing themselves, and hoping to confuse others too.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by Okuda(m): 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2020
Coldie:

I know more about the war than u do, if I decide to say something it would seem as if we are washing our dirty linens outside

we are discussing, tell me what you know and if its fact, I would agree with you. Otherwise, I would counter it.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by jeffoe(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
That is why the former pm called Nigeria a fantastically corrupt nation. It is an open secret this people know what is on ground.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by Coldie(m): 1:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
Okuda:

we are discussing, tell me what you know and if its fact, I would agree with you. Otherwise, I would counter it.
The major point is, anything u know u have the stomach to start be ready to finish it.

East held it's coup appointed leaders to other regions, no much issue no war no disobedience.

North does a counter coup and appoints leaders to other regions, east refused to step down, that's how it can be summarized.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by ArticleBeast: 2:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:

If I said you left home with your charger, does it mean you will not return home.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by PropertyVendor(m): 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
No smoke without fire undecided
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by Babanah: 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:

Gowon was overthrown why attending the OAU summit in Kampala Uganda and not Ethiopia.

In those days member states took turns to host OAU summits.

Gowon later left for the UK to study political science at the university of Warwick. From Bsc to phd.

He was pictured queuing for food at the university cafeteria. Which drew the aire of the new government in Nigeria at that time.

So much for someone who looted the CBN.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by CID11: 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2020
tyup:
shocked

Ever since he made that statement my heart has since been praying for Lai Mohammed not to watch/hear the statement cuz Tugendhat would prolly be in a deep shit if Lai does, as we all know CNN are still yet to recover from his Dealings, many of CNN's journalist are either in Kuje now cooling off or in DSS custody. Lai would waste no time having a Battalion of Man o' war taking care of Tugendhat and the whole house of common for accepting him in the first place
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by rossniti: 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2020
jeffoe:
That is why the former pm called Nigeria a fantastically corrupt nation. It is an open secret this people know what is on ground.

And they are just as fantastically corrupt by harbouring the looted funds.

In law it's called being an Accessory After Theft, and it is a felony, just like theft itself.

You cannot be retaining looted funds and then be presenting yourself as an angel of light who "condemns corruption".

Only gullible, colonised, brainwashed Nigerians fall for these games played by the British.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by eagleu: 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2020
Babanah:

Gowan was overthrown why attending the OAU summit in Kampala Uganda and not Ethiopia.

In those days member states took turns to host OAU summits.

Gowan later left for the UK to study political science at the university of Warwick. From Bsc to phd.

He was pictured queuing for food at the university cafeteria. Which drew the aire of the new government in Nigeria at that time.

So much for someone who looted the CBN.

So, because he was overthrown while on a conference in Kenya?
Did it mean he had no money in the UK already?
Oh, he didn't have time to collect his Ghana must go full of naira in Lagos?
What a shallow and childish understand.

Corruption was one of the reasons Murtala Mohammed overthrew him.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by Awaja(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:

So he must be physically present at CBN to loot the treasury,you know bera than that .

1 Like

Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by teadrake(m): 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
A lot of people on this August platform are getting it all wrong vis-à-vis this allegations leveled against Gen. Yakubu Gowon.
The MP specifically said and hovered his eyes around when he made that statement " Some people can still remember when Gen. Gowon looted half of CBN money ". When you analyze this statement critically, you'll know that few or many of the Parliamentarian knows about it. The MP who raised such an allegations only echoed what has been known to them in the parliament. it is only new to us in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by ikenna44: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
grin you sound like you're lost at life!!! sore loser!!!
IamRichards:
I don't think you grew up with one,hence your lack of manners.Your mum,even though she's a cheap village slut, should have used contraceptives to avoid this calamity.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2020
joseph1832:
Where is his proof Gowon took half of CBN? Like what does he even mean by saying Gowon took half of CBN?

/
But you guys blame Nigerian politicians of looting. Do you have proof? They are very innocent.

/

2 Likes

Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by lordlugards: 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:

One of our problems, always defending foolishly.

1 Like

Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by fuck419: 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
God bless Tugendhat.

Please expose all of them and especially the current corps.

They have been looting us dry a long time ago. I don't know how stupid and illogical some people can be by making excuses for Gowon.

This same bastard gave out a portion of Nigeria to Cameroon.

These white guys have their facts right before making public statements.

Is it not right in our own eyes that this Government massacred the EndSars protesters and they deny with lies that even the Devil can not tell?

They've been looking us dry for long.

They should ban all our Leaders, past and present + their children and families.

Devils!!!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by fuck419: 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
When the Devil himself was appointed a Minister of Information in Nigeria.
Re: Meet Tom Tugendhat Who Accused Gowon Of Looting Half Of Central Bank Of Nigeria by Olabamiji509: 2:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
This north people sef na scammer.if gowon no say he no carry nigeria money go uk why he no file case against uk government like hir peopl@adamugarba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

E-Naira: Pictures As President Buhari Launches E-Currency In State House Abuja / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Jafaru Isa, APC Chieftain / Presidency Debunks Photo Of President Buhari Being Shared As "New Photo"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.