Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,523 members, 7,861,519 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:40 PM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 - TV/Movies (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (129340 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 8% (64 votes)
Fiction: 7% (53 votes)
Action: 19% (143 votes)
Comedy: 17% (130 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (19 votes)
Adventure: 15% (111 votes)
Mission: 5% (38 votes)
Bad Movies: 2% (16 votes)
Zombie: 0% (5 votes)
Vampire: 3% (29 votes)
Evil: 1% (9 votes)
Romance: 15% (117 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by teeluv(m): 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
@ iice nomind dem.. na naija e never comot..
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 10:53pm On Apr 26, 2012
2 Hulk movies, 2 Iron man movies, A Thor movie and a Captain America movie have all gradually led to one thing:

[size=14pt]Avengers Assemble![/size]

When Marvel started their own studio and started making the movies of their own characters themselves they must have had this as the grand plan.
The problem with bringing the concept of the Avengers to the big screen was that it could oh so easily go wrong.
I wanted this movie but I was also scared as to what I would get.

Would it be a pile of poo?
Will some characters be ignored?
Will it badly directed?
Will it be boring?
Will it be cheesy?

When they announced the Director I was pleased, he has only done one previous movie but I loved that movie and his work on the TV series Buffy was awesome and always had the feeling of being about comic book heroes. I thought it was an inspired if risky/ballsy choice.

The choice was right.

This film rocks.

I will not spoil it too much for those who haven’t watched yet as it is early days.

What was good about it?
Everyone had good screen time and it did not even seem as if anyone was being shoehorned into the scene.
The dynamic between the “heroes” is just spot on, you believe in how they react to each other, this is no Superfriends. Joss really also knows how to weave humour into what is a really action packed movie.

The heroes themselves are all very well acted and I did not really miss Ed Norton as Bruce Banner.

Who had the best bits in the movie? I have to say it is the Hulk but Iron Man shines a lot and Thor showed what it meant to be an Asgardian Prince.

The villain of the film was Loki from the Thor movie and he was equally great in this film.
The story was well written and how the team came together was well told.

Any quibbles with the film?
Yes one or two, how Hulk seemed to change his mind and started to play nice, How Coulson was treated.
But they are minor.

The action was well shot and there are some awesome battle scenes, the 3D was actually one of the better ones especially for a film that was NOT shot in 3D but converted afterwards.

If you are a fan of the comics then please wait till after the credits for a nice little surprise.

What next?
Well Marvel you should get back the rights for X-Men, Spider-man and Fantastic Four and start to build a true Marvel Movie Universe where they can crossover just like the books.

In closing where does this rank in my top superhero movies? I don’t want to make a rash judgement now while I am still buzzing from the movie.
I will rewatch it this weekend and then make the call but trust me it is definitely now in my top 5 but where? Top spot? Wait and see.

My score for this movie?

9/10

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by funnyfunmi(f): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hi.I can't wait to watch the movie.is it out or did you watch it online?
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2012
It is out in the UK today
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2012
Vieira: It is out in the UK today
They promise releasing by May.Surprisingly they released yesterday, 25th This is weird!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by pein(m): 1:44am On Apr 27, 2012
Saw it today and it was OK.Myself and Vieira have already spoken about it on a podcast wink.I just went in there to see my boy mid-credit tongue
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:43am On Apr 27, 2012
pein: Saw it today and it was OK.Myself and Vieira have already spoken about it on a podcast wink.I just went in there to see my boy mid-credit tongue
Why would they release an American movie in UK first?
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 3:53am On Apr 27, 2012
^^^^^you obviously haven't been watching much new movies lately cant wait to see this today
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 27, 2012
eghost247: ^^^^^you obviously haven't been watching much new movies lately cant wait to see this today
Where are you at? It is announced to be released in May.

Official site:http://marvel.com/movies/movie/152/marvels_the_avengers said May4.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 27, 2012
^^^bro, maybe overseas is taking over!!!! release date in the US is 4th of May while the worldwide release date is from 25th of April

the movie is NOT available online yet, although there are many virus filled fakes on torrent. i am patiently looking forward to see this flick, the trailer and reviews are very positive.

thank God i overlooked Vieira's spoiler, lol!!!!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 6:52am On Apr 27, 2012
all4naija: Why would they release an American movie in UK first?

This has been happening for like the last two years now.

We see a lot of american movis before America now.

Why? I don't know.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by pein(m): 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2012
all4naija: Why would they release an American movie in UK first?
Simple.Money.Its easier to release worldwide and still gather hype for the US market than to do it the other way around.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by iice(f): 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2012
@teeluv, sorry jare. Been sailing. Hope all is well with you.
Had to fight to get my seats. Will try to squeeze another go at it this weekend. I kinda forgot who did the film until i saw those other worldly people and it just clicked Buffy! erhh Whedon!

Well as always, Vieira knows what to say lol. By the way @ Vieira who is the red guy? We kept coming up with DC villains.

PS. I do not like Ruffalo. He was blah to me as Banner but Hulk was awesome and i ain't a hulk fan.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by pein(m): 1:06pm On Apr 27, 2012
iice: @teeluv, sorry jare. Been sailing. Hope all is well with you.
Had to fight to get my seats. Will try to squeeze another go at it this weekend. I kinda forgot who did the film until i saw those other worldly people and it just clicked Buffy! erhh Whedon!

Well as always, Vieira knows what to say lol. By the way @ Vieira who is the red guy? We kept coming up with DC villains.

PS. I do not like Ruffalo. He was blah to me as Banner but Hulk was awesome and i ain't a hulk fan.
Red guy? That's tha love-vendor himself Thanos!!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by teeluv(m): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2012
@ iice no mind dem jare.. ive been good work has killing my movie mojo.. you cant believe im just even seeing game of shadows.. dont feel like finishing it seff.. RDJ and LAw just keeps getting getter.. i hope anoder one comes out... how was sailing.?..
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2012
[size=20pt]Avengers loved it from start to finish 10/10 for me you should see it and buy the blu ray when it comes out smiley smiley[/size]

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by teeluv(m): 7:31am On Apr 28, 2012
@ topic.. game of shadows.. awesome acting by law nd junior.. hopefully we get anoder one maybe a last one..
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by iice(f): 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2012
@Pein, thanks. Maybe the lighting made him red lol or i'm getting color blind tongue

@teeluv,
No be only you. I haven't been watching anything much lately sef since i've been away. But i got great timing hehehe. . .just in time to see Avengers. I'll take off till it's time for my hubby Batman.

Sailing's awesome jare. You know anything that has to do with water gets my vote.

Did you even see Battleship? Rubbish. No character depth, camera focus on things that shouldn't really be of focus. The women! Chai. Very useless as usual. I'm just praying Skargard's is more discerning in the future.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2012
DARK TIDE with Halle Berry, set in South Africa......what a pile of CRAP this movie was.....almost an hour into the movie and i still didnt know what this flick was all about. 2/10

BLACK GOLD movie about the period when the Arabs first found Petrol and how they fought amongst themselves about it..... with Antonio Banderas. nice flick. 7/10

GOOD DEEDS Tyler Perry in a different setting.storyline was "ok"ish, I just couldnt get the feel of this movie. something was missing. 4/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 28, 2012
^^
Black Gold,a nice flick!? Are you serious? It is one of the worse films I have ever seen. 2/10.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by teeluv(m): 12:18am On Apr 29, 2012
@ iice battleship keeh?.. noo i no dey watch dat kind thing oo..
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 29, 2012
all4naija: ^^
Black Gold,a nice flick!? Are you serious? It is one of the worse films I have ever seen. 2/10.

i guess we have different taste in movies, lol! no big deal bro!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by BlackBaron: 3:49am On May 01, 2012
Saw the Avengers today and you wouldn't guess where. . . on Youtube. lol My take on it is 'critically acclaimed'

Taken down already though. Also seen lots of new releases that way too. grin

Here's what you do: Type in 'Full' into the search bar. After generating search results, scroll to 'filter' on the left hand side of the screen and choose these options - Duration: Long(20~ minutes), Categories: Film & Animation, Upload date: Today.

If you got an android phone, download an app called 'Tubemate' and you can download any movie or video on youtube - got numerous HD movies that way like Black Hawk Down, Transformers, Pirates of the Carribean, Kung Fu Panda 2 and many more

Sometimes people do put up new movies from time to time - seen a few new movies (Hunger games, Avengers et al) that way without navigating useless fake spam filled movie sites.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:52am On May 01, 2012
^^^^bro dont dull and quickly share the Youtube link here......so long as the movie was a great copy.

damn didnt see you wrote it was already taken down!!!!!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by BlackBaron: 4:04am On May 01, 2012
Was a clear copy alright. Seemed to good to be true and wouldn't dare pause or refresh till the end of the movie.

Hunch proved right, after watching all for bout 2 hour +, tried to refresh and send link to others, all I got was a copyright message bout 'channel terminated' and movie pulled down. Pisssed I forgot to download it quickly angry

Let's hope there's another one uploaded soon enough
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by BlackBaron: 4:09am On May 01, 2012
smiley
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:37am On May 01, 2012
^^^^ most copies i found online are "ok cam" at best, but such movie has to be watched at least as a screener or dvd rip..... hopefully a screener will fall from heaven very soon.

@thread
LOCKOUT bbbbbbbbbbbbboring!!!!! 4/10

MEETING EVIL insane movie with Samuel l Jackson. this guy is in about 5 different movies right now!!! 5/10

THINK LIKE A MAN feel good "comedy" for all single women out there, although a lot of truth is "revealed" about how men function. to all the single ladies always biatching about "there aint no good men out there", better go watch this movie and TAKE NOTE! 7/10

RAID REDEMPTION to all the martial art/action fans out there, this movie is a MUST SEE. 8/10..... and to think it is an Indonesian movie.

WAR HORSE hhhmmm ok, expected so much more from brotha Spielberg. at least we know where they spent the $66milla it took to shoot this flick. 6/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by BlackBaron: 10:33am On May 01, 2012
smiley
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by earthrealm(m): 10:39am On May 01, 2012
shark nite: 8/10 loved the movie though the shark jumping out of the water to eat humans isnt something i found very realistic

the darkest hour: 6/10 seemed like a cross btw current alien earth takeover movies, battle los angeles etc

waiting for battleship and prometheus and the 3 stooges
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by BlackBaron: 4:45pm On May 02, 2012
MRbrownJAY:
@Blackbaron
did the copy of THE AVENGERS you saw had the subtitles for the foreign language parts?
the problem with the movie is that the downloadable copy has no English subtitles, and there are no subs links online at the moment (at least not any genuine ones)................ and the right from the beginning of the movie (the German part where Scarlett Johansson is tied up) you cant understand shiit!

No subtitles included though seemed to have better video quality than english copies. Had to re-edit my posts cos both movies were pulled down

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (97) (Reply)

Khalifa Vanithel: Big Brother Cameroon Winner And Her Prize (Photos) / Bbtitans: Ipeleng And Lukay Have Sex In The House (video) / Daniel K Daniel Reacts To Sex Scenes In Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.