Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Problem Of Insecurity In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Problem Of Insecurity In Nigeria (312 Views)

Tony Momoh: Jonathan Never Resigned Because Of Insecurity, Buhari Won't Resign / Obasanjo Is Number One Problem Of Nigeria – Akiolu / Insecurity In North Worse Under Buhari — Northern Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Problem Of Insecurity In Nigeria by Tourshaw: 6:31pm On Nov 26, 2020
This issue of insecurity, especially these kidnappings, is becoming excruciatingly burdensome. It's becoming very sad and annoying wallahi. It's almost equal as if the Government is doing little or nothing about it. Kidnapping in the north has now grown so rampant that it's effect is now spread and felt across the country.

The kidnapping in *Kaduna* is exactly why sometimes I berate the government for not taking serious action immediately a problem is sighted. Why do we always have to wait until it becomes widespread and everyone is talking about it before we take a very serious measures to curb it. We always allow to grow into sore before looking for the treatment. We forget a little tiny single match is enough to destroy the tallest of buildings.
Yes, some serious measures were taken by the government couple of months ago regarding the kidnapping in Kaduna but when a problem persists it means it's not solved and more efforts should be employed.

The kidnapping issue in Kaduna didn't start in Kaduna. The kidnapping started in Zamfara. That was I decided not to transfer to Zamfara when I had the chance in Kano. Then it spread to Katsina and now in Kaduna-Kano and those are the ones I know o. Just like a stateman once said that if North (Kano) is not safe then nowhere is safe. If the issue was conscientiously addressed in Zamfara then it would have ended there but then we are carelessly neglecting the priorities thereby strengthening the activities of these mischief makers who will never know peace.

The most annoying part is, these kidnappers are now operating freely on Kaduna-Zaria-Kano Express road... The most delicate and dangerous spot. And they spare no one irrespective of who or where you belong. A family friend who resides in Buruku Kaduna narrated how terrible it is there and that it's more than what words could express. Those bastards will stop a travelling bus and kidnap passengers and be asking their family for a ridiculous amount of money as a ransome. The craziest thing about their activities is that when you gather the money and take it to them. They will take the money and kidnap the person that brought it without releasing their first victims. Imagine the audacity!!!

I was just being told of a poor old woman whose son was kidnapped and asked to pay 10million naira as a ransom. She doesn't even have 10 thousand naira fa. People went from a household to another, from one mosque to another to gather the money. All that was raised was close to 1.5million and they decided to take it to them in Kaduna.
Fast forward, the money was collected and the person who took the money to them was kidnapped as well and they didn't release the son of the poor woman. Now they're asking for more money. This is how insecure north is now. Was it even last week a professor of Physiology was also kidnapped in ABU. Chai!

This issue of kidnapping should be perceived by all the necessary quarters as a national threat and should be treated as one. This I believe will ensure it's not seen as another source of income for those doing it when they don't get enough harsh treatment they deserve. This is where intelligence unit will be leveraged on the armed forces. Fish them out. Kill them all. Burn them all. Get rid of those cowards in their hideout.

When a land is safe for mischief makers then it will be unsafe for the masses. (Tourshaw, 2020)

Government at all levels should work hand-in-hand to combat the insecurity across the country. People should also cooperate by giving important info to the security agents in order to ensure the battle is won. Also let's be vigilant and be conscious of our environment. If we notice anyone or anything that is somewhat strange, we should not hesitate to contact the police. Not just the government, we also have a very important role to play. It's down to us end insecurity in the country.

Thank you for your time to read the lengthy write.���

I never knew it would be this much despite the fact that I had to exclude a lot of points I wanted to make.�‍♂️

Disclaimer

This well-reseached article is my personal opinion based on traceable facts that is readily available anytime.
It, however doesn't represent any government or individual's opinion and it has no affiliation whatsoever be it political or otherwise. And I reserve the IP and rights of all my opinions at all times except if otherwise stated. Permission must be sought before publish in any national dailies except The Punch Newspaper for now. Thank you.

By:
Abdulkareem Abdulmumeen Omotosho
moomeentourshaw@gmail.com
+2348166626562

(1) (Reply)

Human Life: Cheaper Than A Pinch Of Salt In The North / Presidency Faults Killed Borno Farmers For Not Taking Military Clearance / This Is Just Pettiness" - Ag. Ebonyi APC Chair Replies Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.