Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,283 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Can I Code With My Phone - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Code With My Phone (17302 Views)

Free PHP, Node js ,Mongo db, Angular And C# Proje Source Code With Documentation / How Far Can I Code With My Phone? / Pls How Can I Code On My Android Phone? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Can I Code With My Phone by drezo(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
Quinex2:
Not everyone can afford a laptop with the current economic situation. In that case, he can code with his phone which doesn't in any way mean he's unserious.

Oga shut up, he can't code with phone. You won't make reasonable progress. There is no IDE perfect enough for that purpose.... The ones out there are either missing many libraries or one other feature, just read on your phone download apps and learn when you get a laptop practice, sometimes when you try to RUN a correct code on mobile IDE apps it won't run and you would think something is wrong... So that's the problem.

Dude just use apps to learn, some of these PDF's show you some graphical examples as you do this, you become very immersed in it, eventually when you get a lappy everything will seem like a revision until you start learning new topics you haven't seen.
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by tot(f): 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
drezo:

Oga shut up, he can't code with phone. You won't make reasonable progress. There is no IDE perfect enough for that purpose.... The ones out there are either missing many libraries or one other feature, just read on your phone download apps and learn when you get a laptop practice, sometimes when you try to RUN a correct code on mobile IDE apps it won't run and you would think something is wrong... So that's the problem.

Dude just use apps to learn, some of these PDF's show you some graphical examples as you do this, you become very immersed in it, eventually when you get a lappy everything will seem like a revision until you start learning new topics you haven't seen.

This is not necessary. Convey your point, no need for insults.

Re: Can I Code With My Phone by josh2297(m): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2020
I code very well with my phone and I have friends who do. what programming language are you into should b d first question then what aspect do u intend venturing. with these questions answered I can recommend one 4 u. I do python
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by thymm50(m): 3:00pm On Dec 01, 2020
[quote author=xyz123456 post=96621930]We built ustacky - Africa first stack learning platform -to cater for this. We know lots of Africans dont have PC, so we have an innovative code editor on mobile phones. With this code editor, you can write & run HTML, CSS, JS, PHP & Python on your mobile.
Also, the app has quality video tutorial, quizzes, & industry relevant project to aid your learning.
You can check it out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.mvp.ustacky
https://ustacky.com/[/quote
Does it work offline after downloading it, or I have to be online
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2020
drezo:

And you had to start your sentence with "Shut up"? SMH.I'm a lady anyways and not "oga". I've been learning python with my phone and when I got my laptop, there wasn't much difference. Like I said, if he's really serious and passionate about coding, he can start with his phone so he doesn't lose the interest completely cause he couldn't afford a laptop. He can still learn with his phone, temporarily maybe.

Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Karleb(m): 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2020
Quinex2:
And you had to start your sentence with "Shut up"? SMH.I'm a lady anyways and not "oga". I've been learning python with my phone and when I got my laptop, there wasn't much difference. Like I said, if he's really serious and passionate about coding, he can start with his phone so he doesn't lose the interest completely cause he couldn't afford a laptop. He can still learn with his phone, temporarily maybe.

Maybe the other guy was rude but you can't compare coding on phone with a laptop.

The difference is just too wide to even make the comparison.

When you get there you'll understand.

Phone is a very good starting point though, I mean, it's better than nothing.
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by IbotNugida(m): 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2020
I'M MAKING USE OF Dcoder, its good for coding on ur android, it runs htlml, java, php and mysql smoothly

Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
Karleb:

Maybe the other guy was rude but you can't compare coding on phone with a laptop.

The difference is just too wide to even make the comparison.

When you get there you'll understand.
All right, but for a beginner, he can start with mobile IDE while waiting to purchase a PC. Better than doing nothing, right? angry

Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Karleb(m): 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2020
Quinex2:
All right, but for a beginner, he can start with mobile IDE while waiting to purchase a PC. Better than doing nothing, right? angry

Yup!
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Agbebakun22: 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2020
zeratehk:
That's what I do for a living cool
I code with my phone 24/7. cloud Technology makes it possible.

You're very wrong here. In fact, the opposite is the case. You need to be a pro to successfully code and deploy applications with phone.

I have executed 300K job with my phone. From start to finish.
I rarely code with laptop these days.
I even code desktop/mobile apps with my phone and test run with online emulators.

Even while sleeping on my bed I'm still coding. In fact, I sleep on my phone most nights cool

Boss lemme chat u up on WhatsApp seriously need a mentor who can put me on the run I had been watching YouTube videos on how to code on python but still not getting it like that

Re: Can I Code With My Phone by odebmart(m): 3:18pm On Dec 01, 2020
I use grasshopper for my nephew.

Find it on Google play

This app runs you through the basics of coding in a fun way

Re: Can I Code With My Phone by digitalwhiz: 3:20pm On Dec 01, 2020
Telegram234:

lolz.
I am a beginner at the coding world.
I would love to learn app development.
but I don't have a laptop and I don't think i can ever get one for now in this period and lack of budget.
so pls recommend some good apps for me.
I have Acode text editor but issue is dat after writing the codes, how do I execute what I have to action?

You can run it via termux app
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Assetosky(m): 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2020
Excallibur:
it depends on which programming language you use, I use pydroid3 for python , and I known of Java n ide for Java, they are all available on playstore

And I am here thinking it is only people who studied computer science that can do all these..........
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Telegram234(m): 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2020
Charmingrascal:

That's selfishness. You created the thread to get help, let others too gain the knowledge
I am sorry bro..

Re: Can I Code With My Phone by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
drezo:

Please no need for the abuse. You can be far more enlightening without that.

Re: Can I Code With My Phone by alaboski(m): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2020
Telegram234:

I have done dat but it ended in tears.
pls recommend for me?
Try dcoder
It's on play store
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Coinbased: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2020
No
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by thatsleepboy1: 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
Prechboy:
The thing Don tire me sef. I have been thinking too much of late and I must say I'm not happy at all. After graduation I Don find work tire I nor see. Man just gat to start doing something.

I get person wey dey teach for 3k per month for NL here but the matter be say them no dey pay me on time and my phone no gbádùn. E fit go crash at any fucking time.
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by CSNg: 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2020
People are saying yes but have not given any tangible information about successful coding on phone.

If you are a serious coder, use a PC. A phone is used by amateur "waiting for JAMB result" newbies.

Phones are good for testing the apps or APIs you are working on but never good for serious coding!
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Martialb1(m): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2020
Em, I think starting with java for android app Dev will be a good choice, but as u move further I highly recommend switching to Flutter VCS of its cross platform functionality which is currently moving to windows 10
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Martialb1(m): 6:37pm On Dec 01, 2020
drezo:

God bless u bro, but the insult no necessary sha
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Telegram234(m): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2020
odebmart:
I use grasshopper for my nephew.
Find it on Google play
This app runs you through the basics of coding in a fun way
I know about grasshopper but it is a playground for JavaScript. but u have to know about JavaScript well before using it or else u go confuse.
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by NEUDUDE: 9:14pm On Dec 01, 2020
Haha bro no even waste your time trying to code with phone as a beginner, yes you fit use am learn the ropes, solve quick problems but per say building standard projects guy you must surely run into problems walahi. Jejely go get one laptop if you serious about coding. Except you wan learn the hard way like I did lol. There's my two kobo

Re: Can I Code With My Phone by allgoodlight(m): 10:02pm On Dec 01, 2020
zeratehk:

You're very wrong here. In fact, the opposite is the case. You need to be a pro to successfully code and deploy applications with phone.

I even code desktop/mobile apps with my phone and test run with online emulators.

Even while sleeping on my bed I'm still coding. In fact, I sleep on my phone most nights cool

Can I have the privilege to connect with you on Whatspp to tap from your skillful knowledge and professional experience.
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Cousin9999: 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2020
Yes. It's arguably better to do it this way. Why? You're working within strong limitations. If you can code effectively on that, you can do amazing (and very competitive) things outside of it. You also need to remember that a couple generations back, the average computer was less powerful than your phone, and that's what everyone coded on -- along with pen and paper.

However, it's going to involve real coding, so be prepared to actually work. It's also less forgiving, so you need to be careful (don't brick your phone).
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by ePrive(m): 10:59pm On Dec 01, 2020
I'm amazed nobody have mentioned SoloLearn app for learning.

Download the main app (not the mini sets) and check it out.
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Istan2020: 11:08pm On Dec 01, 2020
zeratehk:

Drop your number bro
Re: Can I Code With My Phone by Drizzle007(m): 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2020
I code with Python with my phone using pydroid. It's one of the best out there for python programming. As for resource on a beginner level. Search for MOSH on YouTube for his 6hours python tutorial.

Re: Can I Code With My Phone by PropertyBuying(f): 3:41am On Dec 02, 2020
abdulahi90:

100% you can even build app with your phone
Interestingly revelations here.

Learn Java Programming Here Easily / How To Hack Bank Account In Nigeria In 30 Minutes / Will You Choose Your Girlfriend Over Your Computer?