Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles (2358 Views)

Cheap European Used Vehicles Less Than 1m / New stock on Used Toyota Corolla Available @ Jakande Estate Isolo / Reduction Of Import Duty On Used Cars Poses Danger To The Economy – Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 2:01am On Nov 27, 2020
As a car importer, I wish to find out if the announcement on slash of customs duty on imported used vehicle by the federal government has been implemented?

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/293994/nigerian-government-to-slash-levy-on-imported-cars-to-5.html
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by NaMe4: 3:39am On Nov 27, 2020
Anyone with info should help out. The website of Nigerian Customs still displays info of 2019.
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by oliverjiad(m): 4:48am On Nov 27, 2020
Bettycars:
As a car importer, I wish to find out if the announcement on slash of customs duty on imported used vehicle by the federal government has been implemented?

https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/293994/nigerian-government-to-slash-levy-on-imported-cars-to-5.html
the info is only effective on brand new cars and other commercial vehicles like danfo and tractors

Brand new vehicles paying 35% surface duty and 35% levy,now pays 35% surface duty and 5% levy while commercial vehicles like danfo and trucks and tractors pay 10% import duty

A review on duty payable by second hand vehicle was only done which we still settle with part amount slash from the duty to the customs which is called settlement when applying for VALUATION at the customs house

Regards

Jaid

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by calculation(m): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2020
oliverjiad:
the info is only effective on brand new cars and other commercial vehicles like danfo and tractors

Brand new vehicles paying 35% surface duty and 35% levy,now pays 35% surface duty and 5% levy while commercial vehicles like danfo and trucks and tractors pay 10% import duty

A review on duty payable by second hand vehicle was only done which we still settle with part amount slash from the duty to the customs which is called settlement when applying for VALUATION at the customs house

Regards

Jaid
I appreciates your update.
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by oliverjiad(m): 9:45am On Nov 27, 2020
calculation:

I appreciates your update.
ure welcome
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 12:47am On Dec 01, 2020
oliverjiad:

Regards

Jaid

It seems you are a clearing agent. How much would you take to clear Ford Transit 2010 model
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by oliverjiad(m): 3:22am On Dec 01, 2020
Bettycars:

It seems you are a clearing agent. How much would you take to clear Ford Transit 2010 model
empty or loaded with goods,if loaded what's your content
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 6:22am On Dec 01, 2020
oliverjiad:
empty or loaded with goods,if loaded what's your content
Loaded.

Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by oliverjiad(m): 8:51am On Dec 01, 2020
Bettycars:

Loaded.
what's the shipping and what is it loaded put

Jaid
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 9:35am On Dec 01, 2020
oliverjiad:
what's the shipping and what is it loaded put

Jaid
Sallum, clothes bags shoes a few electronics, toys plates
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by oliverjiad(m): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
Bettycars:

Sallum, clothes bags shoes a few electronics, toys plates
okay 650k sir

Jaid
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2020
oliverjiad:
okay 650k sir

Jaid
Last price?
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by oliverjiad(m): 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2020
Bettycars:

Last price?
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2020
oliverjiad:
Pls I just found out that Sallaum don’t allow loaded vehicles anymore. So it would be Grimaldi
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by oliverjiad(m): 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2020
Okay 650k is good to go sir
Bettycars:

Pls I just found out that Sallaum don’t allow loaded vehicles anymore. So it would be Grimaldi
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by dongc(m): 11:38pm On Dec 01, 2020
Bettycars:

Where are you shipping from? Hamburg? Even Grimaldi stopped shipping loaded cars effectively from 08/12/2020....I got email from a shipper I often use. AFRICAN SHIPPING also known as contruck...

Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 12:51am On Dec 02, 2020
dongc:

Where are you shipping from? Hamburg? Even Grimaldi stopped shipping loaded cars effectively from 08/12/2020....I got email from a shipper I often use. AFRICAN SHIPPING also known as contruck...
I am shipping from Norway but of course would need to get the vehicle either to Hamburg or Antwerp

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 1:30am On Dec 02, 2020
This directive is so disheartening and came just on very short notice. I am very sad to hear this.
I wish all of us could boycott these shipping companies so they would reconsider their position.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by dongc(m): 4:56am On Dec 02, 2020
Bettycars:
This directive is so disheartening and came just on very short notice. I am very sad to hear this.
I wish all of us could boycott these shipping companies so they would reconsider their position.

It happened before....people tried to boycott. They changed their minds and allowed loaded cars but only small items...now again no more loading..not even extra winter tyres.
One more thing only Grimaldi plies this route with more turn arounds....sallum left hamburg years ago ..more like monopoly ..now people will go back to container shipping..
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by sats: 5:25am On Dec 02, 2020
Bettycars:

Please don't do any business with oliverjiad
He is shady

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by oliverjiad(m): 6:15am On Dec 02, 2020
sats:

He is shady
grin thank u
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 10:11am On Dec 02, 2020
dongc:

It happened before....people tried to boycott. They changed their minds and allowed loaded cars but only small items...now again no more loading..not even extra winter tyres.
One more thing only Grimaldi plies this route with more turn arounds....sallum left hamburg years ago ..more like monopoly ..now people will go back to container shipping..
It is sad. The decision caught me unaware. I wish they reverse their decision as soon as possible
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 10:13am On Dec 02, 2020
sats:

He is shady
Hmmm. Thanks for the alert. This is no time to loose money at all. Have you had a business dealing with him before?
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by calculation(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2020
Bettycars:

Hmmm. Thanks for the alert. This is no time to loose money at all. Have you had a business dealing with him before?
You are warn about an agent, you still get liver to ask questions, if he handle his dispute professionally do you think he will not recommend him again ?

EOD.

I don waka !!!

2 Likes

Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by 2cribz: 2:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
Pls where is this news at in newspaper. What page pls to hell witb oliverjad giving false info. Bastard
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by oliverjiad(m): 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
Bettycars:

bro all accusation as been settled more over the allegation was false due to what they read from the complainant but I can assure u of 100 percent delivery,I also want u to understand u can never please everyone that leads to the fact that we are all human being
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by valarinz: 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2020
oliverjiad:
bro all accusation as been settled more over the allegation was false due to what they read from the complainant but I can assure u of 100 percent delivery,I also want u to understand u can never please everyone that leads to the fact that we are all human being

Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by captainking(m): 6:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
Oliverjaid has been accused here before several.. My suggestion.. Bettycars... Do due deliligence before doing deal with him

1 Like

Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by sultaan(m): 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
Duty has been reduced in audio fashion as we all know Nigerian government strategy w hen your car reach their hand in Lagos they you go see the policy in video NA IMAX self.

As dollar don reach N500, by the time you buy a car for $4000 and they charge you 80% tax on the car $3200, you will whistle and cry at the same time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by oliverjiad(m): 8:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
captainking:
Oliverjaid has been accused here before several.. My suggestion.. Bettycars... Do due deliligence before doing deal with him
thank you sir

Jaid
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 10:59am On Dec 03, 2020
sultaan:
Duty has been reduced in audio fashion as we all know Nigerian government strategy w hen your car reach their hand in Lagos they you go see the policy in video NA IMAX self.

As dollar don reach N500, by the time you buy a car for $4000 and they charge you 80% tax on the car $3200, you will whistle and cry at the same time
My brother na real audio no be small. The dollar rate isn’t making things better.
Re: How True Is The Slash On Import Duty On Used Vehicles by Bettycars(m): 10:59am On Dec 03, 2020
captainking:
Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Distress Sale Nigeria Used Camry Tinylite Forsale 450k Last!! SOLD / Toks Ford Flex 2010 Limited *SOLD* / A Very Clean Nissan Maxima For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.