Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts (6683 Views)

Lagos CBD Removes Illegal Structures, Makeshift Shops From Roads, Walkways / Delta State Government Ban The Use Of Fireworks During Festive Season / Rotimi Amaechi Spotted On The Road In Abuja, Advises Against Drunk Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Lanrelagboi: 5:23am On Nov 27, 2020
LAGOS CBD ADVISES AGAINST SALE, USE OF FIREWORKS WITHIN BUSINESS DISTRICTS

… Assures Residents, Shoppers, Business Owners of Safety

#ForAGreaterLagos

@jidesanwoolu @lagos_cbd @Sola_Giwa https:///xeiKGeReLk

The Special Adviser to the Lagos State Governor on Central Business Districts, Mr. Olugbenga Oyerinde, has advised against the sale and use of fire crackers or any type of fireworks within business districts to prevent hazards to the people and the environment.

Oyerinde disclosed today in Lagos while speaking on the Office’s preparation for the yuletide season, urging parents and guardians to warn their wards against the use of fireworks.

He said that the law banning its use is still in force and security agencies in Lagos State will arrest those selling and using the device in the markets. The Special Adviser averred that @lagos_cbd enforcement officers and other security agencies have been mandated to ensure that fireworks should not be used by anyone, especially within the markets and residential areas.

“Fireworks have a similar sound as some guns used by criminals, as such people cannot differentiate them. Also, there is a need to protect markets against fire outbreaks.

Therefore, it is important to clamp down on the sale and usage to help secure people and valuable property, as the Christmas and New Year celebrations approach”, he said.

Similarly, the Special Adviser assured shoppers, residents and business owners within the Central Business Districts of the readiness of the Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu led administration to ensure the yuletide season is devoid of traffic gridlock and criminal activities.

He noted that the State Govt is concerned about the menace of some recalcitrant commercial bus drivers, private vehicles owners and commercial motorcycle operators on roads because they cause needless road traffic snarls & loss of man-hours on routes within the business district.

Informing that the State government has put adequate measures in place to ensure that residents, business owners and shoppers go about their activities with much ease during the festive period, the Special Adviser hinted that there will also be total enforcement of the traffic and safety laws.

“It is not enough to have safety regulations, they must be enforced and complied with to prevent avoidable loss of lives, property and injuries.

As a government which cares about the safety of lives and property, nothing short of strict adherence to safety rules will be acceptable, relevant provisions of the law will be applied against erring individuals and organisations”, he said.

Oyerinde, therefore, urged all stakeholders within the business districts to be vigilant, especially when in large gatherings such as in markets, religious programmes and carnivals, assuring that the State, especially the CBDs, remain safe and secure for people to live and do business.

He also appealed to Community Development Associations, leaders of religious organisations, members of organised trade unions and associations to work with the State government as well as security agencies to report suspicious activities that may compromise the security of lives and property.
https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1332037677965844490?s=19

1 Like

Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by dele1727: 6:27am On Nov 27, 2020
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Ladokp: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2020
O Necessary
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by ValCon888: 7:04am On Nov 27, 2020
Only business district is allowed to be safe abi?
Local man is not impressed.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Toksii: 7:04am On Nov 27, 2020
Common sense na

1 Like

Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 27, 2020
Story
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by B0bbyT: 7:04am On Nov 27, 2020
Alright. I hope they listens
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by FOREX4free(m): 7:04am On Nov 27, 2020
Noted
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Vayner: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2020
Good advice
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by vandertommy: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2020
Someone should tell him to keep quiet
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Piexel: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2020
Alright na
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Badonasty(m): 7:05am On Nov 27, 2020
lol....the rate wey people don dey bow banger you go think say we don dey december sef
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by beardedboy(m): 7:05am On Nov 27, 2020
ValCon888:
Only business district is allowed to be safe abi?
Local man is not impressed.

Do you even understand the concept of a CBD?! Obviously you don't. Because if you did and still went ahead to type this comment then...

4 Likes

Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Sonnobax15(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2020
grin. Good....

Here in ughelli,a nigga was shot dead very close to a bet9ja shop where I went to book my game....At first,I thought it was a knock out,not until I saw people running helter skelter.....na then I begin run too..

Alot of havoc had already been unleashed into our societies of late,so I think it's a nice idea because one would hardly differentiate a banger from gunshots

we know say na God dey help us but sometimes we need to dey assist God small small too..

4 Likes

Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Bheaut: 7:06am On Nov 27, 2020
Ok sir
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by November1857(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2020
vandertommy:
Someone should tell him to keep quiet
He is making sense , Mr man !

4 Likes

Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by risos(m): 7:07am On Nov 27, 2020
Then make una plan fireworks display, invite pyrotechnics to put on a good show using your bridges and tall buildings.

If not we go do our low budget show.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by chatinent: 7:07am On Nov 27, 2020
Smiles.
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Ladokp: 7:08am On Nov 27, 2020
Who this news epp
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Bornhato: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2020
Before nko.
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by ATEAMS: 7:11am On Nov 27, 2020
Nawao
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Tremple8v: 7:27am On Nov 27, 2020
I never hear one sound of banger for my area , he be like say everybody broke together this time of the year .
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:28am On Nov 27, 2020
Talking about fireworks..........

4 Likes

Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by escohido123: 7:33am On Nov 27, 2020
Calazoto:
Na wa o!

For this recession, one person go dey blow banga! grin

Meanwhile black Friday is here, I have maca root powder for s*x drive suitable for men & women
5k only! FREE DELIVERY kiss kiss kiss

#BlackFriday

For this recession u still dey sell sex drive.
Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by BREYZ: 7:34am On Nov 27, 2020
Re: Lagos CBD Advises Against Sale, Use Of Fireworks Within Business Districts by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 27, 2020
I remember year 2000... there was this type of knockout/firework/banger known as the "Millennium bomb". It was the rave that year. The explosion alone could set certain kinds of buildings quaking.

I was a kid then, but I remember walking home from church with my folks that day when one silly guy decided to do the silliest thing ever by "throwing" one round of millennium bomb into the compound of the street's power transformer. Bang!

Man, you should have seen the initial pandemonium. Left, right, centre, up, down- people running helter-skelter.

But at the end, that boy's butt really suffered! The old guys in the street gave him a serious Merry Xmas walloping.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Year: Obi Urges Nigerians To Sustain Hope In Country / Ogun Signs $400 Million MoU On Olokola FTZ And Agro Processing Zone / Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.