Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria (6681 Views)

Tension Between France & Cameroun Over Captured French Boko Haram Fighters / Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others / Presidency Orders Chevron To Provide Electricity To Delta Oil Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Mbeki: 8:25pm On Nov 25, 2010
Adamawa state government has signed an MOU with Cameroun to supply electricity to the state.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by ajani68: 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2010
Shame
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by kay177(m): 9:15pm On Nov 25, 2010
Big slap angry tongue
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Mbeki: 9:30pm On Nov 25, 2010
Now the minister of state for power said Nigerians should expect stable power supply by the year 2020.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by excanny: 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2010
where is the source of story?
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by 1025: 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2010
abeg if anyone sees where to get light from, he shld do that without looking back. the idea of generator sounds and price of fueling cars as well as generators are killing.
i will see if imo state can get a very long wire that can reach tchad or niger so that we can connect ours from there.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Mbeki: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2010
excanny:

where is the source of story?

AIT 8 pm news, am sure they'll still repeat it, so stay tuned, I commend the Adamawa State move, at least their light will be stable,  there is no point groping proudly in the dark while u can stoop low shamelessly to be given power by a less powerful neighbors.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by slap1(m): 10:35pm On Nov 25, 2010
Very soon Ghana will offer our students scholarship.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Koikoi(m): 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2010
1025:

abeg if anyone sees where to get light from, he shld do that without looking back. the idea of generator sounds and price of fueling cars as well as generators are killing.
i will see if imo state can get a very long wire that can reach tchad or niger so that we can connect ours from there.

gbam!
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by tellmemore(m): 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2010
ajani68:

Shame
shame?? It's not in our dictionary. When people can campaign for Babangida we no nothing like shame. Whenever I traval overseas and come back I feel like crying everyday for Nigerian citizens.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by ilenaira: 11:14pm On Nov 25, 2010
The shame is not in the state seeking power from Cameroon, rather it is in the fact that the so-called Giant-of-Africa (in mouth only) cannot generate enough electricity of it's own despite an abundance of natural resource and man-power. Giant cess-pit of Africa
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by bidemi12(m): 11:17pm On Nov 25, 2010
i stopped buying newspapers and novels a long time ago. All i need to keep me entertained is to keep abreast of the happenings in Nigeria. One week after the other is some obnoxious/vile but yet fantastic news from that God forsaken country. Can you imagine? Cameroun of all countries. . . . .kai cry
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by excanny: 11:39pm On Nov 25, 2010
OP, I think you need to change the title of your thread. It quite misleading.

I dont see anything wrong in this as long as it's a state project. Each state should be independent on it's economy, which also includes power generation. They can source it from wherever. Nobody gives a rat's as.s as long as there's uninterrupted supply of electricity for the power bills that's being paid.

Good move by Adamawa state.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by asha80(m): 11:57pm On Nov 25, 2010
bidemi12:

i stopped buying newspapers and novels a long time ago. All i need to keep me entertained is to keep abreast of the happenings in Nigeria. One week after the other is some obnoxious/vile but yet fantastic news from that God forsaken country. Can you imagine? Cameroun of all countries. . . . .kai cry

grin
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by HighChief4(m): 11:59pm On Nov 25, 2010
I support this move
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by shotster50(m): 12:24am On Nov 26, 2010
It is a very practical solution to the Power problem. Adamawa shares a border with Cameroun so why all the noise?
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by bidemi12(m): 12:36am On Nov 26, 2010
shotster50:

It is a very practical solution to the Power problem. Adamawa shares a border with Cameroun so why all the noise?

Holy crap!!! people just dont get it. Damn. Adamawa is doing the right thing by sourcing their power needs wherever they can get it. Problem is they ought not to if the government had their acts together considering the huge recources at our disposal. clear enough or do i have to spell it out further?
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by PhysicsQED(m): 12:37am On Nov 26, 2010
Adamawa state government are jokers. This is not a solution. What they should have been doing is trying to support or sponsor power projects from Nigerians in Nigeria.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201002160285.html

^^^^^^

Cameroon doesn't get power supply everywhere but it gets constant energy in the urban centers because of their small (comparatively) population. Just like Ghana. Now if every Northern or Middle Belt state, or even just more than 4 states asked Cameroon for power, Cameroon couldn't deliver. Leeching energy from those countries with a small enough population to handle a greater proportion of their energy demands can help one out of the 36 states but it isn't an actual long term solution. While those smaller countries meet their smaller energy challenges and actually improve their power generation capabilities, each Nigerian state getting energy from them will be completely dependent on those countries for their development and not advance their actual power generating capabilities.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by apoti(m): 12:52am On Nov 26, 2010
shotster50:

I wonder why people are shouting, As for me all I care about is to have constant power supply in my house, i don't care where it comes from, whether togo, benin or even chad. It's a good move by d governor who knows that the wait for the fulfilment of FG's power promise will never end
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by DapoBear(m): 12:53am On Nov 26, 2010
@PhysicsQED: So long as Adamawa's power is taken care of, why should those other issues be any of their concern? If this results in cheap and reliable power in Adamawa, then I don't see why they are under any obligation to find solutions that will also serve other states. That is the job of the federal gov't and those other states, not Adamawa.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by alphabet43(m): 1:23am On Nov 26, 2010
That's why we need new and young people in power and not these old illiterate farts i.e. Atiku, Babangida, Obj etc Who don't realize what 21st century means. They need to find somewhere to die instead of keeping Nigeria stagnant again. They've had their chance and they screwed up. They should keep it moving
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by mrofficial(m): 1:30am On Nov 26, 2010
We are not giant of Africa. Okay, maybe giant of Africa in failure. Who cares if the Power is being generated from Cotonou? All I need is constant power.

If you're living in Adamawa and you don't like it, you can disconnect your wire and continue with the buying of petrol if Nigeria epileptic power supply never do you strong thing.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by fredoooooo: 1:46am On Nov 26, 2010
apoti:

I wonder why people are shouting, As for me all I care about is to have constant power supply in my house, i don't care where it comes from, whether togo, benin or even chad. It's a good move by d governor who knows that the wait for the fulfilment of FG's power promise will never end

grin grin grin
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by emmke(m): 3:15am On Nov 26, 2010
Source? Quotes?
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by okeyxyz(m): 3:16am On Nov 26, 2010
na wao!
9jans(sorry o, aunty Dora) una too shout jo. what's the big deal? power is a commodity, & since we seem to be importing everything under heaven, so why not power. bet u guys would't mind if it was plantain & pineapples we were importing from cameroun. it's simple economics. period!
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27am On Nov 26, 2010
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by PurestBoy(m): 4:45am On Nov 26, 2010
1025:

There's nothing I've not heard from Nairalanders!! Chei
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by apoti(m): 5:05am On Nov 26, 2010
[If you're living in Adamawa and you don't like it, you can disconnect your wire and continue with the buying of petrol if Nigeria epileptic power supply never do you strong thing.[/color][/b]
[quote][/quote]

yes oo grin
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 6:07am On Nov 26, 2010
Speechless.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by almoner(m): 6:30am On Nov 26, 2010
What is then the role of Nigeria Govt?
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by excoba101: 6:32am On Nov 26, 2010
That's why we need new and young people in power and not these old illiterate farts i.e. Atiku, Babangida, Obj etc Who don't realize what 21st century means. They need to find somewhere to die instead of keeping Nigeria stagnant again. They've had their chance and they screwed up. They should keep it moving

What an elderly man sees sitting, a young man can not see even when on a ladder. All we need in Nigeria is organizing strong pressure groups, storm government offices, press/media and they will eventually change. But i guess Nigerians are too scared of their own governments. "People nor wan die, but dem wan go heaven".

We are not giant of Africa. Okay, maybe giant of Africa in failure. Who cares if the Power is being generated from Cotonou? All I need is constant power.

If you're living in Adamawa and you don't like it, you can disconnect your wire and continue with the buying of petrol if Nigeria epileptic power supply never do you strong thing.

America is the giant of the world but in health care result 2008 America was number 37 while little Cuba was No. 2 on the list. Nigerian young too dey shout. No coordination//Orientation.
Re: Cameroun To Supply Electricity To Nigeria by Mingler: 7:08am On Nov 26, 2010
Visit professionalinnigeria.com to meet nigerian professionals.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare - Your Silence Is Deafening! / National Summit Dialogue In Lagos - Live / Abandoned Imo Governor Owelle Rochas' Road Project In Akokwa (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.