Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine (19922 Views)

Lai Mohammed Denies Meeting Twitter Executives In The US / ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine: Nigerians Are Too Docile - Femi Okurounmu / Lai Mohammed Denies Ordering NBC To Suspend BBNaija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by hisexcellency34: 5:56am On Nov 27, 2020
Despite video evidence to the contrary, the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has denied announcing an increment in the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to N5m.

Mohammed, who on August 5, 2020, announced the decision of the National Broadcasting Commission to increase the fine for hate speech, stated on oath that he did not do so.

The minister said this in a counter-affidavit in response to an originating motion filed before a Federal High Court in Lagos by human rights lawyer, Inibehe Effiong.

Effiong is challenging the imposition of N5m fine on Nigeria Info 99.3FM, Lagos, and the threat by the National Broadcasting Commission to punish other broadcast stations in the country over alleged hate speech.

In an affidavit deposed to by a Litigation Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, Sunday Ojobo, the minister stated that he never announced the fine.

The affidavit further read, “Paragraph 19 is denied. The 2nd defendant (Mohammed) did not announce an increment in any fine for hate speech from N500,000 to N5,000,000 or any other because there is a governmental body or institution mandated to regulate and enforce the Nigerian Broadcasting Code.”

The minister stated that the constitution allowed human rights to be suspended for the sake of national interest.

Mohammed further stated that the NBC Act gave the commission the power to sanction stations that contravene its code.
https://punchng.com/lai-mohammed-recants-denies-announcing-n5m-hate-speech-fine/

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by LordIsaac(m): 5:58am On Nov 27, 2020
I'm beginning to fear that the assertion is true... That he must have been born with a lying tongue! cheesy

277 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by November1857(m): 5:59am On Nov 27, 2020
A person whose name is lying Mohammed, what do you expect !

159 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by nairavsdollars(f): 6:00am On Nov 27, 2020
If I'm the President, I would have fired this man a longtime ago. Even if the government does something good and he announces it, Nigerians thinks he is telling a lie

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by complexBoss12: 6:01am On Nov 27, 2020
the guy above me doesn't understand politics. Lai as well others around Buhari are just the fall guys. You think they don't know they look stupid for most of their utterances?? But the goal is to protect their principal. In 48 laws of power its called making use of "Cats Paws"

That's why some Zombies still see Buhari as a good man surrounded by bad people, but the action of every one around a leader always reflects the leaders own.

so how can he fire him??

221 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by realstars: 6:06am On Nov 27, 2020
Anything From Lai Muhamed Is A Lie.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by Yenefer(f): 6:06am On Nov 27, 2020
Only those who don't know the value of their parents will insult Lai Muhammad. Those abusive, dangerous children who kick and beat their parents. People who don't respect their elders or show compassion amongst them. Ungreatful people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by Racoon(m): 6:08am On Nov 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmck-TyiAzc
Lai Mohammed.The legendary liar! Abeg which constitution? Perhaps it is another "national security supersedes the rule of law" nonsense. Human rights is sacrosanct universally. He is telling lies as usual.

This is how Lai Mohammed was interviewed by a foreign new media wherein he denied the hate speech/social media regulation bills being deliberated by the NASS. Now he is denying again.This is what it means to recant Shameless old man.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/investigationspecial-reports/189368-fact-check-buhari-apc-lied-in-disowning-campaign-document-my-covenant-with-nigerians.html

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by Gandollaar(f): 6:09am On Nov 27, 2020
nairavsdollars:
If I'm the President, I would have fired this man a longtime ago. Even if the government does something good and he announces it, Nigerians thinks he is telling a lie
Buhari left that post for Yorubas since they are educated and can spin stories and make it go viral.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by Gandollaar(f): 6:11am On Nov 27, 2020
Yenefer:
Lai the

Ngpatriot and his siblings should come and see what a recant is.

6 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:18am On Nov 27, 2020
I pity this man children shall.
My fellow Nigerians according to baba buhari, let's gather and pray for this man.
It's not ordinary.

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by sinistermind(m): 6:28am On Nov 27, 2020
Someone that lying is a reflex action to him, what more can you expect.

5 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by capatainrambo: 6:29am On Nov 27, 2020
Shameless fool. I watched the guy on tv say this o

14 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by donbachi(m): 6:39am On Nov 27, 2020
I feel for the person that reincarnate him...dem go dey blow him mouth steady.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by Badonasty(m): 6:44am On Nov 27, 2020
lol....this baba parents really foresaw the future by naming him'lai'

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by B0bbyT: 6:45am On Nov 27, 2020

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by DebbieBianca(f): 6:51am On Nov 27, 2020
See The Video Below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmck-TyiAzc

Lai and Lies Mohammed

8 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by jlinkd78(m): 6:54am On Nov 27, 2020
Noted
Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by Digitalwitch: 6:56am On Nov 27, 2020
Yenefer:
Only those who don't know the value of their parents will insult Lai Muhammad. Those abusive, dangerous children who kick and beat their parents. People who don't respect their elders or show compassion amongst them. Ungreatful people
Does it warrant a parent to lie to his kid, I thought the holy book frown at such?

25 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by Khayceeofficial(m): 6:59am On Nov 27, 2020
speak of the devil...

and to think this useless man is still alive when people who lie about little things die like Chicks.

life no balance at all

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by Igbankpa(m): 7:05am On Nov 27, 2020
lie is a liar and a bad one at that.

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by GIANTPLUSHUB: 7:05am On Nov 27, 2020
Lol
Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by Jahzrockballer(m): 7:05am On Nov 27, 2020
Lol
Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by Sonnobax15(m): 7:05am On Nov 27, 2020
grin. Chaii,the way this man dey chop lie en,e go make you feel like say sugar dey for lies

4 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by crestedaguiyi: 7:06am On Nov 27, 2020
Die

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by ClearFlair: 7:06am On Nov 27, 2020
Yenefer:

This one has never had anything intelligent to say.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Denies Announcing ₦5 Million Hate Speech Fine by chinavs9ja(m): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2020
Who cares? Even if he said so, hate speech can't be eradicated as long APC continues with their bad governance.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Katsina Government Employs Dogs To Secure Boarding Schools / Adams Oshiomhole, One Of “The Three Musketeers” Behind Tinubu's Campaign / Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.