Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors (33474 Views)

Sowore: APC Attacks Atiku, PDP For Condemning Buhari, DSS / Hope Uzodinma Reacts To Expulsion From APC, Attacks Okorocha / Survivor Of APC Attacks In Ilorin Breaks Down In Tears In Front Of Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by EcoBrick: 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2020
The Zamfara State Governor, Bello Matawalle, has hailed the decision of his Ebonyi counterpart, David Umahi, to join the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Mr Matawalle attributed Mr Umahi’s decamping to “bad blood in the present Peoples Democratic Party”.

The Zamfara governor, who is a member of the PDP, stated this in a statement issued by his spokesperson, Zailani Bappa, on Friday.

Mr Matawalle said he would rather commend Mr Umahi for “his bold decision rather than condemn him because everyone feels welcome only in a house where he feels comfortable”.

“If this trend of generating bad blood amongst us continues unabated, our great party will increasingly be on the receiving end as we move towards the year 2023,” Governor Matawalle observed.

“I am having a very bad experience of recent from some of my PDP Governor colleagues which I still find very puzzling. For instance, the South-South Governors accusing me in the media are PDP Governors and they are the same people who brewed controversy over the so-called Zamfara Gold, premised on deliberate misinformation and outright lies,” Governor Matawalle said.

“Surprisingly, it is the APC Federal Government which has all the correct records on the gold mining issue that came out to defend me in this saga. As PDP colleagues, I expected the Governors to contact me first and find out my own side of the story before unleashing their venom in the media”, he said.

“As the brouhaha lasted, I commend the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari for being supportive of our efforts to organise the economic sector in the state to avoid using the mineral deposits to promote insecurity in our dear state.

“Today, the Federal Government is issuing licences to deserving Companies to operate in the mining sector in the state. The biggest company with an investment of billions of naira is owned by a Nigerian from Anambra state. And I wonder where the idea of Zamfara state owning the gold mines emanated from. As at now, the state Government does not have a hand in any of the mining activity in the state because the constitution does not empower us to do so.

“I call on the South-South Governors to eschew intellectual idleness and support its people to operate modular refineries as provided by the law and lift their people out of fear rather than sit behind and start chasing shadows rather than substance,” Mr Matawalle challenged.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/428323-pdp-governor-commends-umahi-for-joining-apc-attacks-south-south-governors.html#.X8EhFwCNT6M.twitter

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by flyingpig: 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
PDP is a dying party.

A SS party

More SE and Northern Governors are considering leaving that titanic party.

64 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Blackking98(m): 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
flyingpig:
PDP is a dying party.

A SS party

More SE and Northern Governors are considering leaving that titanic party.
What concerns SS with umahis defection? Voting strength of ebonyi is not even up to that of Cross river so what's the issue?
You people can behave unfortunate eh

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Bkayyy: 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
PDP is slowly turning to labour party

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2020
Traitors everywhere you go....!

Board a corporate chauffeur to the throne.....turnaround and calls the driver fool then dumps him....!! Is that fair...??

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by flyingpig: 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2020
Blackking98:

What concerns SS with umahis defection? Voting strength of ebonyi is not even up to that of Cross river so what's the issue?
Who brought up Umahi this topic?

cheesy Clearly I never mentioned his name.

Glaring signs his defection hurt your jugulars grin

That crs has more population than Ebonyi doesn't mean your party is not dwindling.

Stop being proudful with your loss. Stop acting like it doesn't pain you cus we know Nigeria electoral victory is more about popular vote so any state is vital tongue

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by fergie001: 5:32pm On Nov 27, 2020
He is 101% correct.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Fahdiga(m): 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
He is just watering the ground for his own defection

55 Likes

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by AbijaJ: 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2020
fergie001:
He is 101% correct.

The way the SS PDP governors threw him under the bus over the gold mining issue was somehow. Dem jus wan use am drive their resource control narrative, though on a false premise.

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Jones4190(m): 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
PDP are in recession since 2015

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Jagznation(m): 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2020
Only the truth can set you free
Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Anago55: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
Anambra billionaire own the gold mining site in Zamfara state. hmmmmm

this Igbo people eeehhhh

I am sure one Igbo man is already negotiating with the FG on how to buy sambisa forest and turn it into some kind of money making venture. this people are different specie of a black man

this people are blessed no doubt

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Dansuqi: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
Blackking98:

They have the same voting strength actually.they deliver more votes to pdp than crs

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Ahmed0336(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
He spoke the truth.

those condemning him are PDP governors. what will it cost them to call him on phone to get accurate report of things concerning gold mining in his state before spitting rubbish on media? BTW the highest investor is from ANAMBRA state.

Matawalle defection to APC is 83% at the moment.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by muykem: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2020
PDP Nigeria is no longer different from lagos PDP. They only come together months to election and scattered thereafter.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Dansuqi: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2020
fergie001:
He is 101% correct.

I predicted his defection shortly after umahi defected.I told you that the next pdp governors that may defect will be matawalle or bauchi governor because of the precariousness of their 2nd term ambitions

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Enudapan: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Political party is just a too for winning election
Nothing much
Buh in the real sense self
APC=PDP

1 Like

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by sammysneh(m): 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
Southern governors are very wicked, They are the people preventing the south from progressing further

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by bigfish3k: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
Hmnm
It seems this one is also among the touted decampees
Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by stag: 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
Why don't defectors ever defect to less known parties?

5 Likes

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by pointstores(m): 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
It is well
Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Mikelarteta(m): 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
Pls we are contributing money for Maradona’s burial. Pay to GTB 419 419 4119. Thanks for your support. Lol.

7 Likes

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Tonyspecial(m): 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2020
Good move

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Blackking98(m): 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2020
flyingpig:
Who brought up Umahi this topic?

cheesy Clearly I never mentioned his name.

Glaring signs his defection hurt your jugulars grin

That crs has more population than Ebonyi doesn't mean your party is not dwindling.

Stop being proudful with your loss. Stop acting like it doesn't pain you cus we know Nigeria electoral victory is more about popular vote so any state is vital tongue
You and your fellow slowpoke open a thread and attack SS govenors and you espect us to clap for you?
You're very dense abeg, the topic in question is talking about umahi so it seems you have comprehension problem.
Of all region's to be concerned with umahis defection the last is the SS, go and meet your normal playmates in the west for such rubbish. Even in the scheme of things in the SS and SE, ebonyi is not even relevant so why should we be concerned about ebonyi that much as you fools make it seem?

6 Likes

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by fubsy: 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2020
Many Nigerian politicians behave like the tennis ball. The move from one party to another without defined ideological basis. APC today, PDP tomorrow, APC day after tomorrow. Anywhere belle face and food dey to chop politicians!

2 Likes

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by techmo(m): 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
cool
Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by ORIENTATION101: 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2020
fergie001:
He is 101% correct.
told you mattawalle is on his way to APC, cos zamfara is traditionally an APC state.
Besides APC want to use mattawale to kill the rift between marafa and kyari.
Once mattawalle defects marafa and kyari case is over

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
Hh

1 Like

Re: Matawalle Commends Umahi For Joining APC, Attacks South-South Governors by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
PDP ole, they be telling you that they are not as bad as APC, but they are bad but just that APC are worse. The people who kill for them are the victims but they don't have brain that can make them think

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

South West Governors Visits Tinubu (Pictures) / NEPA now PHCN (Power Holding Company of Nigeria) / New Photo Of Senator Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.