Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt (676 Views)

Analyzing The Demands Of Protesters - Emkz / Obi Postpones South Africa Visit Due To Exigencies & Demands Of Campaign / Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Ecstasy154(m): 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
The Federal Government says it has met the five demands of the End SARS protesters.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed made the claims during a stakeholders’ meeting with members of the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) in Abuja.

Mohammed said the End SARS protesters had demanded the immediate release of all arrested protesters, justice for all deceased victims of police brutality and appropriate compensation for their families.

He said the protesters also requested that an independent body oversees the investigation and prosecution of all reports of police misconduct within ten days and the increase of Police salary to adequately compensate for the risks involved in protecting the lives and property of citizens.

The minister noted that the Federal Government was not only responsive to the demands of the End SARS protesters but was also very responsible in its handling of their requests.

He said, “As you can see, ladies and gentlemen we met the five demands.

“Some, like disbandment of SARS, were met immediately while we kick-started the process of meeting others that cannot be done with an immediate pronouncement.

“Despite this, the protest continued, and the demands kept expanding, until the protest was hijacked, leading to unprecedented violence characterized by killings, maiming, arson, looting etc.”

”The Federal Government was not only responsive but was also very responsible in its handling of the demands of the End SARS protesters” He claimed.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/11/27/weve-met-the-five-demands-of-end-sars-protesters-nigerian-govt/

Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by HeadShot: 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
Lai on the beat

7 Likes

Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Fahdiga(m): 5:26pm On Nov 27, 2020
Even before opening the thread I knew it will be this Pinocchio. you've met their demands but still harassing and hounding them. Lai's situation is beyond pathetic

1 Like

Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
This government is the most useless government Ever in history..

Check my signature for 200# awoof airtime..

1 Like

Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by holycup(m): 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2020
Incompetent mofos
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
Lie kee you there.
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Simplyleo: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
God bless Gov Nyesom Wike.

Ipob criminals hijacked the peaceful endsars protest to rob.

There must be peace in Rivers state especially obigbo Oyigbo.

I call on Gov Wike to flush out the remnants of ipob miscreants terrorising the good people of Obigbo Oyigbo.

There is absolutely nothing like Obigbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Perfectsouth(m): 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2020
They've met nothing..
There is an uprising on WhatsApp scheduled for December..
I pray this doesn't result in anarchy
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by risos(m): 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2020
The protesters should have taken their protest to police headquarters, instead they decided to make life more difficult for the common man by blocking free movements.
Most of those who took part voted for this government, I call them paid protesters. They'll never take action except money is involved.

Look at those who where not paid a dime, they simply went on a looting spree, robbing, killing, raping and all.
They are still waiting for next election to line their pockets, enjoy the Nigerianization agenda.
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
Lies lies
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Dominion202: 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
Justice for all deceased victims of police brutality and appropriate compensation for their families.

Alhaji Lie Mohammed when will u stop all dis ur lies. Even we Kwarans are tired of your lies.

You are a shame to kwara people
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by ngadaAwo: 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:
God bless Gov Nyesom Wike.

Ipob criminals hijacked the peaceful endsars protest to rob.

There must be peace in Rivers state especially obigbo Oyigbo.

I call on Gov Wike to flush out the remnants of ipob miscreants terrorising the good people of Obigbo Oyigbo.

There is absolutely nothing like Obigbo.
[/s]
miscreants everywhere on Nairaland cheesy
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2020
how can the govt claim to have met the demands whereas they are the ones who hire those thugs and hoodlums to attack the protesters....what have they done to arrest those thugs and hoodlums?

and nobody is even talking about prosecuting the government, IGP and the police for repeatedly lieing to the masses about the scrapping, banning and dissolvemnet of these SARS Unit they have been saying since 2015..isn't it a legal crime?

you have dissolve SARs since 2015 and in 2020 it is still operating, so it's legality to the highest order and that should be look into!
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by NnadyAutos: 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2020
No body knows when this man says the truth.
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by MadamExcellency: 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2020
Have they settled or compensated the Igbo businesses that were looted?
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by helinues: 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
When?
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by helinues: 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2020
MadamExcellency:
Have they settled or compensated the Igbo businesses that were looted?

Was it only Igbo business people that were affected?

undecided
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Oracleforce: 7:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
Lie Mohammed is doing what he was employed to do...
All lawyers are liars...I say this with no fear of contradiction
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by MadamExcellency: 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2020
helinues:

Was it only Igbo business people that were affected?

undecided

The Col. said majority of looted warehouses belong to Igbo businesses hence my question.

I didn't know until I read his submission before the panel
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Flyingngel(m): 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
I have seen many Minister of Information and I was always not happy when they defend the government without blinking and eye lip, little did I know that the grand patron is on his way.
Post 2023, Lie Mohammed will not be happy with himself when he remember the quantum of lies he chunked out.
No be Niaja we dey?
Re: We’ve Met The Five Demands Of End SARS Protesters – Nigerian Govt by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2020
This man should please keep kwayet

Mtcheeeeeew

Mouth no dey pain am

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Govt Seal Off Cubana Night Club For Breaking COVID-19 Protocols (Video) / Breaking News: Agbaso Defeats Okorocha / 1million Ram:bbc Hausa Deceiving Northerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.