Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. (378 Views)

I Want To Become Nigerian President I Need Advice / The Story Of Arabian who wants to become Nigerian / Nigeria Will Be Exporting Marijuana If I Become President- Sowore (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. by DrPurple(m): 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2020
If I am Lucky To be the President of Nigeria today, I will Everybody fro Age 18 - 25 will serve Nigeria through Agricultural Conscription i.e. Everyone will work in the FG Farm.

Just like how Every Person (18 - 24 yrs) in South Korea serve their Father's Land by joining the Military.

Moreover, Everyone Partaking in the one year compulsory Youth Service will be Deployed to Farms owned by the Government irrespective of the course studied.

By Doing this, Food will be Abundant, we will be one of the Largest Producer and Exporter of Food in the world ( at least we will be known for something Good) and it will ease our over Dependency on Oil.
Because Sooner or Later, Oil is Going into Extinction as most Developed Countries are making move to Fossil Energy (Oil) due to it Effect in the Ecosystem

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. by ModestGal(f): 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2020
Same mentality old people has that has made Nigeria stagnant
Food is abundant in Nigeria, problem is storage till seasons it would be no more

Our problem is not agriculture but technology and brain power

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. by tyup(m): 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2020
ModestGal:
Same mentality old people has that has made Nigeria stagnant
Food is abundant in Nigeria, problem is storage till seasons it would be no more

Our problem is not agriculture but technology and brain power

shocked

Now I think this Lady has spoken more intelligently than the OP, now my advice to the OP Is to know more bout ur country if at all you want to venture into politics

2 Likes

Re: What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. by helinues: 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2020
Go and contest for councilor position first
Re: What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. by PrinceOfLagos: 8:48pm On Nov 27, 2020
Don't even think about it because even your family members won't vote for you
Re: What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. by Pecuman: 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2020
This is Feudal style thinking. America feeds it's Population and exports huge excesses while only less than 2% of the Population works in Agriculture. Whole substance farming still has its role in Nigeria, the goal should be to get to industrial farming.

For what I think will solve Nigeria's issues, o would need powers greater than president, something closer to Dictator.

What I would want to do is to take a detailed census and divide Nigeria into 8-10 regions

1. Hausa-Fulani region
2. Western Muslim Middle-belt region
3. Christian Middle-belt region
4. Eastern Muslim Middle-belt region
5. Yoruba region
6. Igbo region
7. Western Niger-Delta (Niger-Delta West of the Niger, Edo/Bini people side)
8. Eastern Niger-Delta (Niger-Delta East of the Niger, Ekoi peoples side)
9. Ijaw region
10. Kanuri (Because they will be partially cut off by Hausa-Fulani region)

All of these will either be one tribe or have no tribe close to majority so minimal Tribalism.

The Judiciary would also be made the strongest part of the Federal government but have limited laws that they can interfer in while the State governments has juristriction over all the over laws and is Autonomous.

But first, something like what you propose with Youth service exchanged for an Agro-Military service to tackle the worst of Nigeria's current problems be solved.

1 Like

Re: What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. by Poorboy: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2020
You can be president beer drinker's association.

Na still president ooo
Re: What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2020
Lol
Re: What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:31pm On Nov 27, 2020
The way older Nigerians and buharists love agriculture eh. You would think it has the power to make Nigeria a trillion dollar economy. That's the same mentality that went to closing the borders. We will eat what we produce bla bla bla. What happened. Food prices quadrupled, poverty multiplied by a scale factor of ten, companies shut and down and thousands of businesses lost. Everytime go and farm, go and farm. That is all that is in their head

Exporter of food my ass. Do you know how much food is produced in Brazil, Netherlands, Norway etc. These countries are net exporters of food yet agriculture doesn't even contribute up to 5 percent of their GDP and that's highly mechanised agriculture. You think Nigeria will feed the world with hoe and cutlass farming.
Re: What I Will Do If I Become Nigerian President. by Etinosa1234: 4:18am On Nov 28, 2020
DrPurple:
If I am Lucky To be the President of Nigeria today, I will Everybody fro Age 18 - 25 will serve Nigeria through Agricultural Conscription i.e. Everyone will work in the FG Farm.

Just like how Every Person (18 - 24 yrs) in South Korea serve their Father's Land by joining the Military.

Moreover, Everyone Partaking in the one year compulsory Youth Service will be Deployed to Farms owned by the Government irrespective of the course studied.

By Doing this, Food will be Abundant, we will be one of the Largest Producer and Exporter of Food in the world ( at least we will be known for something Good) and it will ease our over Dependency on Oil.
Because Sooner or Later, Oil is Going into Extinction as most Developed Countries are making move to Fossil Energy (Oil) due to it Effect in the Ecosystem

Not gonna lie but if this is all that's in ur head, u'll make a bad President

(1) (Reply)

You Need Of Jesus- Reno Omokri Tell Girl Who Want To Lead Him To Adultery / Breaking:bandit Storm Kastina Kidnap Students / Buhari Regime Treating Bandits With Kid Gloves Because They Are Sunnis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.