Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

How Profitable is Okrika Business In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Profitable is Okrika Business In Nigeria? (699 Views)

How to Make A lot of Money from Okrika Business in Nigeria / How Profitable Is Eatery Business? / How To Start Profitable Okrika Business In Nigeria: All You Need To Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Profitable is Okrika Business In Nigeria? by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2020
This will be a short thread and I won't bore you with too much information on ways you can make a lot of money selling second hand clothes in Nigeria.

If you want to understand how Okrika business works and how lucrative it is, then try this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5968399/how-make-lot-money-okrika

Meanwhile let me use a simple case study to prove it.

Imagine Oluchi, a young single mother of 2 whose husband left her for another woman. She started selling second hand female undies and handbags out of her cousin's shop in Ijesha, Lagos state sometime in 2015. She was broke and couldn't afford to pay rent but for her kind cousin who allowed her to sell so she could at least feed herself and her two daughters.

Oluchi now sells clean grade AA female handbags at more than 3 times the amount she bought them. Let's say she buys 100 grade AA handbags for 1,000 naira a piece, she could sell each one of for 4,000 naira and they are really good.

According to her, "when business is slow, I may sell only one or two handbags in a day. Assuming she sells 2 a day, that is 6,000 naira profit. Let us assume she sells 25 days in a month (because of sundays), that means the lowest amount she will make monthly is over 150,000 naira.

Think about it people, how many jobs pay this much every month?

I am not saying Okrika is for everyone. But some people will find it very rewarding.

There are 8 things Oluchi is doing right to make it in Okrika business. Following this thread on how to make money from Okrika business in Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: How Profitable is Okrika Business In Nigeria? by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 9:27am On Dec 16, 2020
Some things that can help you achieve your sales goals.

1. Pick a niche.
Re: How Profitable is Okrika Business In Nigeria? by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 11:03pm On Jan 06, 2021
2. Find out what that niche wants but is not getting at all or enough.

(1) (Reply)

Self Contain Needed Asap In Port Harcourt / How To Make Money As A Teenager Before Going To School / Is This Guy Playing Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.