Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

How Profitable Is Eatery Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Profitable Is Eatery Business? (15918 Views)

Partnership In Eatery Business In Ikorodu / How Profitable Is Doughnut Business? / How Profitable Is A4 Papers Distribution Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by Flakky26(f): 10:51am On Nov 21, 2019
I am thinking of starting an eatery on a low budget in my area in abuja. There is nothing like that in the area. The area is busy and has lots of traffic. The place will be a cool place where people can come in and take snacks and drinks. i am thinking of renting and joining 2 shops to achieve this with transparent glass and tv.

I look forward to hearing from you guys. Is it profitable and what are the challenges?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by Flakky26(f): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hello
Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by Flakky26(f): 12:47pm On Nov 25, 2019
Flakky26:
I am thinking of starting an eatery on a low budget in my area in abuja. there is nothing like that in the area. the area is busy and has lots of traffic. the place will be a cool place where people can come in and take snacks and drinks. i am thinking of renting and joining 2 shops to achieve this with transparent glass and tv.

i look forward to hear from you guys. is it profitable and what are the challenges.
Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by omocalabar(m): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2019
Too much headaches....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by Mycartoonpic(m): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2019
Very profitable, Just consider some factors like hygiene, taste, location etc.Hunger is natural, so buying something to eat is "natural" too. Lol

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 26, 2019
Very very profitable, just make sure your recipe is consistent

39 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by Jasen1(m): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2019
Which area in Abuja

Eatery business is a cool business anywhere you start it my dear as long as you know what you're doing

20 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by cooljuman: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2019
E
Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2019
angry
@Flakky26, since you say there's no competition, and the area is pretty busy, you can go ahead and start it. I'll advise on two things:

1. Make sure your eatery is always clean. Dirty eateries with flies are a huge turn off. Always be there to clean the table immediately one customer leaves.

2. Cook tasty foods. If your meals are delicious, your customers will help you advertise your eatery free of charge.

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by naijadrivablog: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2019

What type of food? Eatery business is very lucrative in Abuja, especially in busy places like Wuse (Wuse 2, Wuse Zone 3, Etc), Maitama, Area1, and so on. Just target market or office areas.
Just be a good cook, not those selling putty in the name of food.

If you want to do it in the suburbs, know that people cook. You can't do such business where families live, as you may not get patronage.

But the cost of renting a shop another thing. Those that sell in open places are always disturbed by AEPB but yet pay through their noses.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by sweetonugbu: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2019
I don't know, let's hear from others
Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by jolyment: 7:39am On Nov 26, 2019
Flakky26:
Hello

Hi
Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by Ajiswaggs(m): 7:39am On Nov 26, 2019
Very profitable

Especially if you dey sell local foods like amala, eba + goat meat and catfish join

7 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by mployer(m): 7:39am On Nov 26, 2019
Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by nauto: 7:39am On Nov 26, 2019
Good business
Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by ainas247: 7:39am On Nov 26, 2019
smiley if you are unique its profitable.

and you have a business website
rank it fast on google
chat up

3 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by legalwealth(m): 7:39am On Nov 26, 2019
Not bad and it will be very profitable if you truly know how to cook sumptous and delicious meals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by Sunijacks(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2019
Very profitable especially when your food tastes good and it's irresistible.

Your environment matters also
Wish you luck

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by edo3(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2019
Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by ednut1(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2019
Better to open mama put. Eatery of 2 shops no be eatery o

9 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by okomile(f): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2019
Ensure you are the one collecting money sha grin grin

U need CCTV everywhere especially the kitchen.

It is a profitable business!!

4 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by sweetonugbu: 7:41am On Nov 26, 2019
Only thing I observed is that restaurant attracts a lot of customers both food and the other room customers.
Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by dayleke: 7:41am On Nov 26, 2019
You never know until you try.....

#justsaying

Good luck to you.
Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by davillian(m): 7:41am On Nov 26, 2019
Its profitable
But
There are lots of factors to be considered
Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by realestniggah: 7:41am On Nov 26, 2019
Invest, there are lot of money and profits to be made from restaurants business

But I will advise you not to be fancy.. Have a mama put kinda setting to bring customers in and have local food.

7 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by crispus09(m): 7:41am On Nov 26, 2019
fast food/eatery business is always profitable,my advice is pray before you start it.

5 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by feldido(m): 7:41am On Nov 26, 2019
Quality crowd is important.
The area might be busy, but is the crowd a quality one?

Learned this from a boss who own a fast food franchise.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by benisaac67(m): 7:42am On Nov 26, 2019
HOT PROPERTY! Very Clean 2 Bedroom Apartment at Ojodu, Lagos At N600,000 per year

Inspection (up to 5 other properties). select your choice. Pay and Pack in

Other properties also available

- Self-Contain Apartments at Ojodu, Ogba, Agege, Egbeda, Yaba, Fagba, Ayobo etc
- MiniFlat Apartment at Ojodu, Ogba, Agege, Egbeda, Yaba, Fagba, Ayobo etc
- 2 Bedroom flats at Ojodu, Ogba, Agege, Egbeda, Yaba, Fagba, Ayobo etc
- 3 Bedroom Flats at Ojodu, Ogba, Agege, Egbeda, Yaba, Fagba, Ayobo etc

Contact POISE HOMES on 0-9-0-3-0-4-5-8-7-4-0

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by samdaisi: 7:43am On Nov 26, 2019
Its a good idea but endeavour to do the research thoroughly and have a little knowledge about the business before jumping into it,again make sure that our local foods are included

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is Eatery Business? by Acidosis(m): 7:43am On Nov 26, 2019
Flakky26:
I am thinking of starting an eatery on a low budget in my area in abuja. There is nothing like that in the area. The area is busy and has lots of traffic. The place will be a cool place where people can come in and take snacks and drinks . i am thinking of renting and joining 2 shops to achieve this with transparent glass and tv.

I look forward to hearing from you guys. Is it profitable and what are the challenges?

My advise, don't start this business until you understand what you want. In the Nigerian context, eatery is not the right word when the aim is to sell snacks and drinks.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Identify A Very Profitable Business Idea - Nigeriaonlinebusiness / Over 30 Taxes Choke Industries In Nigeria As FG Plans 18 More / What Business Can A 19 Year Old University Student Do To Earn A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.